Follow our progress ...

Awaiting 10 Reviews

21st Amendment Brewery
California, United States | website

Style: Hefeweizen

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by JDV on 01-31-2008

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 3
3.03/5  rDev -3.5%

I think this is beer also known as the Fat Bavarian Ale. I purchased a growler of it and consumed it myself (sigh).

A: Hazy straw/yellow color with active carbonation and frothy head. The head recedes into a moderate ring and leaves lacing down the glass.

S: Bananas, straw, and cloves. A simple, but crisp and refreshing smell.

T: Exactly follows the nose. A strong blend of banana yeasty sweetness and straw, with hints of spices toward the end of the taste, just before a crisp finish. An absolutely straightforward, refreshing taste. No alcohol detected.

M: On the thin side of medium-bodied, with active carbonation that works well for the style.

D: Evidently very high, as I managed to finish 4 pints by myself without feeling the least bit sick (although I did feel guilty).

2.58/5  rDev -17.8%

Slightly hazy pour with a small whitish head. Standard strong clove hefeweizen smell and taste. Ok, but not great. One of the rare times I squeezed the lemon in it to cut the annoying spiced taste. Just like every other hefeweizen you've ever had. boring and doesn't separate itself from the pack.

Bavarian Hefeweizen from 21st Amendment Brewery
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.