Fantôme Brise-BonBons - Brasserie Fantôme

to view more.
Ratings: 335 | Reviews: 177
Reviews by hyuga:
3.15/5  rDev -22.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

i have heard so many horror stories about fantome. about bad bottles, about ones that dont pour because they have turned gelatinous, and all sorts of others, but i had always adamantly defended fantome, having never had a bad experience myself, but this bottle was my first. the look is fine, quite a bright color orange to it and several inches of luxurious white foam, bubble bath style. it has some yeast sediment, chunky stuff, but nothing out of the ordinary for the style. the nose indicates that this bottle has been light struck. how can such an accomplished brewery so focused on quality continue to use green glass? especially internationally. its not just these guys, but so many european brewers. seems a shame, and like such an easy fix. this is definitely a victim of that, or poor handling, or both. skunky and it smells a bit like feet, behind sweeter grain and slightly wild saison yeast. my issue is the off aromatic, which turns into a similarly skunked out flavor. stale almost, just not good. i would score a little lower, but i know it was a bottle flaw, not a beer issue in its own right, but this was not the experience i had in mind. its also supposed to be bitter, but tastes incredibly sweet while its in the mouth, and only gets bitter on the finish, after i swallow. i dislike it because it doesnt taste real good, but i also dislike it because it isnt what it claims to be. a real let down, but i am attributing it entirely to green glass and poor handling, im sure this is an entirely different animal at the brewery or in belgium, and i will revisit it when i am fortunate enough to get there.

2.93/5  rDev -27.7%

750ml dark green corked/capped bottle, purchased at River's Bend, poured into a flute. The dating thingy ins't notched.

A: Pours an odd orangish amber with raspberry hues. When back lit it appears more peachy necatine, lol. Very cloudy. I began pouring very rough about halfway through to try and coax a head out and was only rewarded with 1/4 inch of frothy disappearing head. No lacing.

S: Pretty funky stuff. More gym sock funky than sour.... which I guess is better? There is a bit of vinegary smell in the back and I'm surprised I'm not disgusted already, lol. Some juicy, fruity yeast esters are pleasant.

T/M: Lots of tartness. A bit more of the funky sock stuff. Tart berries make up most of the flavor along with more of the yeast. Nice, soft sweetness in the back. Body is light and carbonation is sadly lacking.

D: Well, it's not as bad as Compunction! Haha. Anyway, if you're into the funky stuff and tartness, then this'll be pretty easy drinking for you. If this was a 12oz. bottle, then I'd have finished but 750ml was just too much for me. It was a change of pace at least?

4.25/5  rDev +4.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Poured into a tall skinny tulip glass. Pours very clear orange, three finger off white head that fades fairly quickly. Smell is lemony, hay, some fruit notes,banana, some orange. Taste starts off with some earthness, nice malt chaicture, Carmel notes, citrus, nice belgian yeast. The carbonation a is good, less than you'd expect from a fantome. Overall I am very impressed, this is different than the others I've had. It almost has the smell of an adjunct beer but has a lot of lemon and some funk. The signature fantome flavor is there but very subdued by the other complexities. I did drink this right out of the cellar, probably would have been crisper out of the fridge.

4.5/5  rDev +11.1%

750ml bottle 8,0% Abv.
Served chilled in a wine glass.
No bottle date or vintage.

Appearance: Brise-BonBons looks fairly typical for a saison; with a lightly clouded bright golden-orange body topped by a massive white head. The head lasts fantastically well and leaves thick patches of lacing as it recedes.

Smell: I was a little worried about about this bottle given the recent talk of quality issues from Fantome, but the first sniff lets me know that this is just a good as the other Fantomes I have had and perfect for this hot summers day. Fantastic light citrus notes (lemon peel and some orange) combine with slightly musty yeast, a touch of dusty sack, grassy and floral notes, some pale malt, a little stone fruits and a touch of pear.

Taste: Given the description on the bottle I was expecting a fair amount of bitterness here, but both the bitterness and hop characteristics are very restrained (I wonder if this is an aged bottle?). That said, it is still absolutely delicious and I would be hesitant to change anything. Notes include: Lemon peel, orange, sweeter stone fruits, a lightly musty character, a little sweetness (honey?), pear, grassy notes and light meadow flowers. Even at room temperature there is no trace of alcohol noted.

Mouthfeel: The mouthfeel is just about perfect for the flavour profile - light-medium bodied with just less than a high level of carbonation.

Overall: Brise-BonBons is a fantastic saison and was just perfect for a hot summers day. I could have easily crushed anothe bottle or two and will certainly be buying this one again.

4.45/5  rDev +9.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Sunny mimosa with a splash of orange juice. The beer is lightly peppered with fine yeast and the occasional bubble can seen zipping up to a fantastic looking head. The alabaster colored crown, a study in Belgian beer excellence, is leaving one of the most extensive, stickiest lace displays that I've seen in quite some time. Whatever else it is, this is gorgeous beer.

The nose manages to meet the sky-high bar set by the appearance. It's different from any Fantome beer that I've smelled thus far, but still manages to smell like a Fantome beer, if that makes any sense. It's fruitier than most saisons and has a tropical vibe that I'm enjoying immensely. A whiff of yeasty funkiness is evident, although it's far from the defining characteristic.

Brise-BonBons! is wonderful beer in the wild and wacky way that only Dany Prignon can manage. A quick glance at the label tells me that he named it 'ball breakers' and intended it to be too bitter for the normal person to enjoy. Most of the hopheads I know aren't normal people, so where does that leave us?

I wonder whether this is one of the original bottles and is over a year and a half old, or whether it continues to be brewed and I got a relatively fresh one. It isn't overpoweringly bitter, so I'm guessing the former. No matter, it has held up remarkably well and is still much more bitter than the average saison. Assuming, of course, that a style like saison has any sort of consistent rules.

Noble hops are front and center, yet don't overwhelm the other members of the flavor profile. Lemon zest, lemongrass, unripe pears, tamed white pepper and clove make the biggest impressions on the palate. As with most all Fantome beer, Brise-BonBons! is dizzingly complex and its code is not easily cracked. Thankfully, I have 750 ml to try to figure it out.

Perhaps the best part about the beer is the interplay among bitter, sweet and tart. I'm enjoying letting them play off one another in interesting and varied ways as each (large) mouthful progresses. I have no idea what herbs and spices have been used, or whether any have been. I suppose it's possible that a killer yeast strain is responsible for the nearly limitless number of flavors, but I find it hard to believe.

The mouthfeel, while still good, isn't quite as wonderful as the rest of the beer. It's on the lighter side of medium and is nicely carbonated. It just doesn't have that buoyancy, that effervescence that I've come to expect in a world-class Belgian ale.

I wasn't too happy with my last beer from this brewery (Speciale de Noel). Thankfully, this one gets things back on track, reorders the cosmos to a place where Fantome beer is at or near the summit of brewing excellence. If I have one of the original bottlings, I hope to be fortunate enough to taste a more current batch. My balls are still intact, so I welcome the opportunity to test them against a fresh bottle of Brise-BonBons!

4.8/5  rDev +18.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

750 ml Poured into Russian River stemmed glass.

A: Bright crisp and extremely transparent and clear. Yellow with a huge foamy head composed of mostly large bubbles from the high carbonation. Head dissipated rather quickly but will come back immediately if the beer is disturbed.

S: The aroma hit me immediately after popping the cork. Grassy, earthy, lemon like citrus, sweet along with lemon grass and that funky Famtome character that is so unique to these beers. In this one the Fantome characteristic on the nose comes through as a slight smoky, sweet, smooth almost waxy plastic like phenols. Extremely unique smelling beer and have no Idea how to describe it. SO complex and delicious but very very strange.

T: That Fantome smokey characteristic comes through immediately with a malty and refreshing finish. Very dry and carbonated. Earthy lemon-grass citrus is there and is not as hopy as expected but rather balanced and delicious. I guess it would be a tad bit more hopy compared to something similar like Printemps but mostly bitter on the finish and has a nice lingering bitterness that is higher than their standard saison. As it warms it gets so, so delicious and complex. A great, great beer!

M: Being that its so carbonated and dry it has a great mouthfeel and full bodied. Their base yeast (Wyeast 3725) is surprisingly malty and sweet smelling so I can understand its behavior even though I can't replicate Dany's work. Finish is a bit bitter lingering but also has a lingering malty sweetness that is very unique to Fantome along with light lemon like citrus character similar to lemon grass.

O: Man this is so good... A great example of what Fantome is capable of doing. This was a bit smokey but after a little while it becomes hard to notice and does not bother me at all, actually I quite like it. The aroma from this beer is so wonderfully unique and complex, extremely hard to pin point, which is why I love Fantome brews. Dany keeps me and my palate on my toes and that's how I like it.

4.2/5  rDev +3.7%

Appearance – This is a light, glowing orange in color and a bit hazy with a wonderful white, foamy head that didn’t explode but came out just right. There are a few floaties in there as well that make me want to gobble it up.

Smell – This is a big Saison smell. The farmy notes are there but not the focus. This is a bitter nose. The leafy Belgian hops dominate the bouquet and trump any mild sense of maltiness.

Taste – The hop flavor is grand at the taste but the bitterness from the nose backs off a bit. It’s mildly, and pleasantly, bitter on the tongue but strong with the leafy hoppiness. I don’t think I’ve tasted a hoppier Saison.

There are some fruits in here as well but they are walloped by the hops, especially at the finish. I can pick up some tangerine and a light grapefruit and maybe even some actual green grapes.

Mouthfeel – The carbonation is mild in this medium-bodied Belgian. I really liked the bitterness level. It smells like it’s going to be a bitter bomb and even when you drink it you’re waiting for that bitter kick in the pants at the finish, but it just evens out throughout the profile and keeps you in that happy hoppy place.

Drinkability – I don’t think this beer could be more drinkable. The booze is unnoticeable and the big hop flavor is so smooth it won’t even slow you down. A session Saison? You bet!

4.05/5  rDev 0%

Ball Breakers? I thought I ordered the little German chocolate candies beer…And why is there a sumo wrestler on my Belgian? I’m so confused by this bottle, I am unable to follow the conversation of my peers. Where’s the fricking ghost? He must be hiding somewhere? Did the Japanese guy eat him? What the hell is going on here? Oh yeah. The beer…$18 at the Map Room btw…

The bartender pops the cork and this thing starts smoking for like seventeen minutes. By the time I pour it, I’m wondering if a Jihadist replaced my beer with red PowerAde explosive or something. Then it pours into my glass all fizzy and aromatic of Belgian yeasts and hops and I know I am safe from the Mullah’s grasp. Plenty of foam now rests over a light apricot/lemon body.

An aroma of tangerines and strong grassy hops fills the air. Again I am surprised by this beer. Not much Fantome farmhouse funk here…The ghost has left the barnyard.

Mild acidity and tartness are overshadowed by hop bitterness. Hmmm…weird. Not very spooky or Belgian if you ask me. Earthy and pleasant. Lovely palate. I give this an A, despite all the stress and anxiety it has caused by surprising me so much.

4.35/5  rDev +7.4%

Cork pops nicely from the happy sumo wrestler label. Pours into my Orval chalice a lovely hazy light orange/amber color with a big bubbly popping head. Looks quite nice in the glass, like a wonderful autumn day. Aromas begin with the classic Fantome barnyard yeasty funkiness. Melded with an upfront herbally, spicy hoppiness that jumps out of the glass and sets itself apart from any other Fantome brew. Hints of grains and lemony, citrusy undertones as well. Interesting.

First sip brings a lovely citrus, lemony hinted pale maltiness accentuated by a wonderful musty funkiness. Fresh, vibrant yeast rolls through the flavor. Hops appear mid palate with a herbal, grassy, spicy fresh flavor and bring along a nice bitterness that grabs the palate. The hops work really well in the saison overall and grab my tastebuds with every sip. Slight lingering bitterness and mellow funkiness on the finish. Another wonderful winner from Dany and Fantome.

Mouthfeel is medium bodied with a healthy carbonation. Floats over the palate like silk and goes down smooth. Easily drinkable and definetly not too bitter for me!! It's always exciting to uncork a new bottle of Fantome and see what you will find. One of my favorite breweries that seemingly always brings me an enjoyable drinking experience. Well worth seeking out and I hope I can find myself upon another bottle sometime soon. Yum. Thanks to eclectic for the opportunity to sample this fine brew.

4.05/5  rDev 0%

Only my second Fantome, the Noel was good and I've been wanting to get some more of these to try. Finally bit the bullet today and grabbed this and the Chocolate...

Golden straw color with some chill haze. Tight white head. Quickly rose to an inch and a half but settles down to a nice quarter inch cap.

Aroma definately has the typical saison notes. Spicy white pepper, corriander and cloves, some straw and grass. Funkiness comes in as well, not a dirty smell at all, a "clean" funk, very Belgian like in this regard.

Taste is pretty amazing, its all over the place and what I expect from Fantome. Starts out funky with some earthy sourness. Then a bit of tartness comes in (not like a lambic, this is subdued). A strong malty backbone, almost toasted, carries this one through. When it was colder more of the corriander and pepper spices were evident but as it warms more of the pasture, barnyard funkiness lingers on with some alkaline notes. Finish is dry in either case and has a chalky bitterness.

Mouthfeel is medium bodied. I usually expect a thinner mouthfeel from this style but this one is stepped up a bit. Initially carbonation made this one really crisp but the warmth makes it fuller in the body as it slides down the tongue. Flavor and bitterness really linger allowing the funk to really hang in there.

Good drinkability. Not a sipper but still too heavy to really put down quickly. This was as expected and hits the spot when the farmhouse flavors are desired. There is a ton in the flavor but doesn't seem to ever overdo it in any one aspect, nicely done.

4.44/5  rDev +9.6%

I was happy to find this one still available a few days after the Blind tiger's saison event. Gotta love Fantome on tap at the Tiger! Anyway, this one poured a cloudy dull golden, supporting a white head and leaving fine, wispy lacing. Nose was multi-faceted, pepper, must, barnyard, earth.
This one hit me as being quite sour.certaintly notions of lambic running around in this concoction. Sort of a lactic, yeasty, wheaty, saisony, Belgian taste missile. Nice peppery spice thing also going on. Tasty, complex, intriguing, not a beer for everybody, but I loved it. Viva Fantome!

4.8/5  rDev +18.5%

Nice golden yellow color with a frothy white head, great retention and lacing. Aroma was slightly tart with some lemon zest to it, but don't you worry, there's more, you better believe there's more. Aroma is simply remarkable, cracked peppercorn, fresh bread, hay, some kind of flower I can't name, and beyond those, I'm not sure if I'm able to put into words what I notice. Taste has some tartness to it, just the right amount of it too. Many of the aromas are echoed in the taste with just a slightly spicier finish. Less than medium bodied, but not thin, carbonation was on the high side. Amazing beer. I need more.

4.2/5  rDev +3.7%

Bottle (2011)

Thanks for opening this with me, BdubleEdubleRUN!

(Aged for 1 year)

Hazy yellow, golden, and light amber with a large, big-bubbled near-white head. Great retention and lots of cling. A very pretty saison, as expected from Fantome.

As with many other Fantomes, the aroma is a big collection of white fruit aromas: sweet, juicy, earthy pears, moderately tart green apples, and mild peach juice. There's also good amounts of barnyard, grass, and a little funk.

The flavor too has lots of white fruit elements, along with some citrus, barnyard, musk, basement, and grass. The funk is mild but complementary.

Medium to full bodied for the style, with moderate-high carbonation. I could drink a lot of this.

As with most Fantomes, this one's fantastic.

3.75/5  rDev -7.4%

A light saison colour with little white head. A saison aroma bit also cidry. Higher carbonation than I am used to from Fantome. Bitter, sour, acidic, coriander. Drinkable but not as good nor common as I have come to expect from fantome. Bold in your face as always though. Drying finish.Thanks Viggo.

4.25/5  rDev +4.9%

Immense thanks to ShogoKawada (and indirectly mikey711?) for the chance to try this - very difficult to locate on the West Coast ale. The story behind its brewing is similar to the Arrogant Bastard (i.e. a beer too bitter for normal people, dedicated to "ball breakers")...

Poured from a green glass 750mL capped-and-corked bottle into my Troubadour tulip. The cork emerged with much fanfare, though the bottom was coated in a thick layer of muddy yeast, unlike anything I've seen before.

Orange peel/Princeton orange gradient with faint amber highlights, though the liquid overall is rather hazy, though you can still make out the solid globules of lees. An immense but fairly active rocky head recedes to a hefty finger of burbling froth. Messy lacing smatters the sides, and a ghostly viscous layer of tears drags down the beige wheat-speckled bubbles.

Orange liqueur, old clothing stored in a closet, wood varnish, goat sweat, lots of floral notes, and other nameless aromas compete for your attention.

Quite sweet at first, bursting with ripe fruit, but followed immediately by a tart lemon-like flavor and then a wave of spices, malt, buckwheat, and a surprising level of bitterness from hops (more so than most from this brewery I've thus far sampled). The finish is dry and tart, suggesting buttermilk, pepper, mace, and lightly toasted grain.

Medium bodied, effervescent, and zesty mouthfeel.

Very refreshing in its way - a sort of "Belgian IPA" crossed with a wild ale and a saison...but hybridized quite successfully.

Worth seeking out if you like sour funky beers as well as hops...yum.

3.73/5  rDev -7.9%

750ml bottle - Brasserie V was changing over all of their tap lines at lunch, so we hit the bottle list

the bartender uncorked this sucker and sent the cork flying across the bar.

split; from notes

appearance: served in a belgian tulip - hazy dark golden body, layers of white foam

smell: a hint of skunk at first from that blasted green bottle - fortunately it doesnt last, or it at least fades. grain, noble hops, light funk, earth

taste: I'm not sure how I felt about this - I think I prefer the fantomes that are a bit cleaner with bright floral flavors. This guy is an ideal autumn saison with heavy notes of grain, leaves and earth, bread, cracked pepper.

mouthfeel: a touch of spice, a touch of funk, nice carbonation. no complaints

overall: good, but not my favorite fantome

4.15/5  rDev +2.5%

Capped and corked 750ml bottle. Pours a cloudy orangish color with fluffy white head. Aroma is typical of a Fantome brew with musty barnyard, peppery and citrusy smells. Taste is bitter with a lot of the same musty farmhouse flavors in the taste as are in the smell. I am really starting to absolutely love Fantome. They make some excellent brews and this is no exception.

3.92/5  rDev -3.2%

Thanks to sweemzander for opening this one.

(A) Cloudy yellow that turns a bit more golden toward the top. It has a big foamy white head on it that lasts for a long while.

(S) Has a lot of citrus to it. There is a bit of mild spice. Almost has a sourness to it.

(T) What stands out the most is lemon zest. There are some spices but I can't pick out what exactly they are. Other citric notes linger and there is a faint hop aftertaste.

(M) It's a pretty thin beer and ends quite dry. Hit and gone.

(O) The bottle mentioned there were a lot of hops but it's not too big on hops. It's quite refreshing and is a drier/thinner saison.

3.58/5  rDev -11.6%

DCon shared this one w/ me at Wolf Public House.
Poured from 750ml bottle into New Belgium snifter.

Aroma: Honey sweetness, light cereal grain, subtle spiciness, some floral hops, and a bit of lemon zest. Aroma is a bit reserved compared to other saison's I've had.

Appearance: Very hazy, golden-orange body. Thick, white, persistent head of foam. Nice lacing.

Flavor: Spicy Belgian yeast aroma, some bretty funk, wheat ale sweetness appears toward the end. Then, a very subtle bitterness.

Mouthfeel: High, crisp carbonation. Full body--especially for style.

Overall: While a bit sweeter than what I'd like to taste in this style, I'd say it was a decent effort by Fantome. Definitely a new twist on the saison!

3.23/5  rDev -20.2%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

750 mL bottle poured into a snifter.

Appearance - Clear golden body. Small white head.

Smell - Herbal hops. Pale malt. Smells a little skunked.

Taste - Grassy and herbal hops. Aggressively bitter right up front. Pale malt. Doughy malts. Yeasty and strong bitter finish.

Mouthfeel - Medium body. Medium low carbonation.

Overall - I fear the green bottle skunked it a bit. Otherwise nice hoppy saison.

4.27/5  rDev +5.4%

750ml dark green bottle without freshness date.

Poured transparent golden peach with half-inch of white soapy head, very light lace. Fragrant with musty fallen leafs, black pepper, coarse yeast, powdery limes, and tannic wood. Nicely unified flavors in the mouth. Begins with sweet and sour limes, developing a rough hop, pepper, and earthy yeast center. Finishes with tannic acidity, more black pepper notes. Airy and sprightly body that tickles the mouth with constant carbonation. Leaves you wanting more with every sip.

4.64/5  rDev +14.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

No dating on the bottle (no label either...), but from most recent batch. Poured into a Saison Dupont tumbler at cellar temperature while listening to Bjork.

A - Plenty of white head with a pale hazy gold body. Decent lacing and good head retention.

S - Tannins, slight resin, candi sugar, and floral/apricoty hops all highlight a bright pale malt aroma. Good shallot and blue cheese-like earthy funk manages to be quite expressive, but not overtake the beer. Mineral aromas help to firm up and round out the whole experience.

T - This beer was nice last time I had it, but not bitter even by Belgian-Beers-That-Have-Crossed-the-Atlantic standards. This is a much different experience. Nice assertive bitterness in the finish, ranking up with many of the other assertive Belgian IPA styles I've enjoyed (Urthel, Houblon Chouffe, Hopsinjoor, etc.). Starts out with a sweetness reminiscent of a lemon-shakeup, with mineral, leather, blue cheese, pineapple and apricot undertones. The funk builds and starts to overtake the sweetness towards to swallow, with a big earthy climax right at the swallow that helps intensify the hop bite at the end. Hops provide a nice grapefruit and pepper flavors to the finish, which is mostly dry and earthy with a slight sweet lemon quality lingering.

M - Slightly oily mouthfeel, with nice mid to full body and crisp carbonation. Right on the money as far as I'm concerned.

D - Wow, I thought this beer was good the first time I had it, but this was much better. This bottle I know is quite fresh (within two weeks of delivery to the store) verus the last bottle I had (no idea...), and freshness makes a huge difference in this beer (duh...) Another fantastic product from Fantome, best effort from them I've had to date.

2.48/5  rDev -38.8%

Thanks to sweemzander for the hookup here. I've never seen this particular Fantome in Oregon but apparently Chicagoland has a few on the shelves. In typical Fantome style, no date was notched on the side of the bottle so I really have no idea when this was brewed. 750ml bottle poured into a pair of Fantome tulips and shared with TulipSnifter.

A: Pale translucent gold body, big fluffy white head, spotty lacing. 4/5

S: Interesting nose. Funk, sour, lemon, skunk. 3.5/5

T: Definite Belgian saison yeast. Heavy on the cloves with a splash of banana. Fairly bitter as expected, skunked hop character is less than enjoyable. That might be my fault for keeping it in my fridge for a few months though. Grassiness and minimal animal bedding add some curiosity. 2/5

M: Semi-heavy, sticky, not great. 2/5

O: By far not my favorite Fantome. This one has faults at virtually every turn. Glad to try it, but next time I'll make a point to try it fresher. 2/5

3.88/5  rDev -4.2%

Poured from a large corked bottle to a snifter the liquid is a light caramel color with good carbonation. The head is light colored fizzy, 2 fingers and leave some lace.

The smell is mild funk and bit of sweat caramel and some bready yeast.

The taste is good, mild funkyness is ok call it what you will this some is a bit like I would expect mouth balls to taste like. As sour it is not very as a saison it could be a bit more hearty. But all is all still a solid brew for the style.

The mouthfeel is good but a bit thin, the carbonation is good.

The drinkability is good, but for a harder to find brew there are better around. MK

3.65/5  rDev -9.9%

Appearance: Murkish brown with orange overtones, the head was thin and white. A sandy sediment graced the bottom of my glass. Usually I'm not fond of this, but this one didn't look as bad as a few others with gross looking floaties.

Smell: Funky, catty, the hops were herbal but perhaps a bit skunky, but not as if the Beer was lightstruck, more like a strange tea you would get at a Chinese herbalist.

Taste: Very mineral, I'd even say metallic, like licking a spoon. I've noticed this in a lot of Fantome Beers but not as much as in this one. The taste in itself was of wet grass covered in dust, with just a hint of candi sugar. Maybe not as "bretty" as I expected, still another great Beer from way out in left field.

to view more.