1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.

Fantôme Saison D'Erezée - Printemps - Brasserie Fantôme

Fantôme Saison D'Erezée - PrintempsFantôme Saison D'Erezée - Printemps

Brasserie Fantôme visit their website

Saison / Farmhouse Ale |  8.00% ABV

Availability: Spring

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 10-04-2002)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Fantôme Saison D'Erezée - Printemps Alström Bros

GreenMountainBoy, Dec 15, 2011

seanthornton152, Nov 17, 2011

jh1982, Nov 26, 2011

Beertracker, Jan 27, 2012

JebediahScooter, Nov 27, 2011

doucmehu, Dec 12, 2011

Spindletop, Nov 15, 2011

Pours a straw, hazy cream gold with beautiful cream white, dusty yellow head that is cloudy and puffy.

Smells amazing, wheat, green bottle funk. Lemony citrus and grass with cannabis. Just a perfect saison smell, a bit of yeast and bread dough.

The taste is superb. It takes a bit and a little warmth to bring out the full spectrum, and when it comes out it really brings some classy and unusual flavors to the table. There is plenty of saison bread and yeast with that creamy lemon citrus, but then there i something else which I cannot explain any other way than a fine cigarette smoke... not the oddly sweet second hand but as if you were smoking a very good cigarette. It has this ashy cigarette, tobacco smoke taste to it. Not strong, but just a note that leads up with the cannabis taste and then down into the subtle and dry herbal hops. (BE AWARE!!! I do not smoke, I have smoked cigarettes on occasion and this is why I make such reference, my palate is not tainted!!!) This beer is so even and fine. Sharing this with my brother, he looked over and told me its almost like most green bottle beers, but with ultimate class. Well put, this has unyielding class and quality.

Alcohol is utterly vacant.

Mouthfeel is creamy but clean, refreshing and dry. For 8%abv, this is super smooth and delicious. I could go on and on. But this is well achieved... it's like drinking a cloud of awesome.

Overall, probably one of the finest saisons I have ever had. One of the most intriguing and delicate. A bit more aggressive than some but it doesn't break the gates, if you have a chance to buy this, do it! Should I ever see this saison again, hands down, cost doesn't matter, this is another amazing saison from Fantome. In my mind, quintessential, like most of Fantome's fine saisons.

Misanthropy_Sipping, Aug 08, 2013

NathanE2047, Jul 19, 2014

Rochefort10nh, Nov 26, 2011
4.95/5  rDev +23.1%

A: literally looks like a slightly watered down bottle of orange gatorade with a minimal white head
S: woody,oaky, earthy, hay, lemon and citrus as well as some apple and a tinge of smoke.
T: lemons/citrus, fleshy fruits, and finishes with some smoke. Very delicious.
M: very silky and smooth with some bubbles that dance and tickle the tongue. Enjoying this very much!
O: definitely worth the almost $20 spent on this saison! Very enjoyable and wish I had picked up more of these as this is an amazing brew. So much harmony from all elements and its very drinkable!

DrewShal9, Aug 16, 2011
4.93/5  rDev +22.6%

Sampled from a 750ml bottle in a chalice at 50 degrees.

A - Yellow to very light golden with a slight haze and a big white head. Good head retention.

S - Nice funky aroma. A bit like an Orval but some tropical fruits as well. And maybe some Juicy Fruit gum. Mmmmm.

T - The funk and tropical fruit follow into the taste. But there's also a nice tartness that accompanies them. They're all pretty strong yet work very well together. There's a perceived sweetness without being sweet. It gets even better as it warms.

M - Thin but silky smooth with a low to moderate carbonation.

O - This beer is absolutely outstanding! It makes me want to quit the desk job and work on an old Belgian farm.

GJ40, Nov 30, 2011
4.85/5  rDev +20.6%

Wow....
Dani definetely hit this batch with a zest of Tangerine, you can smell it, taste it, and feel it. Nice hop notes, very dry, crisp, and clean. This is totally different than last years batch (as is always with Fantomes beers). This is beer is VERY REFRESHING. The key word to this beer is BALANCE, and this is the perfect example of a Spiced Saison. An absolute masterpiece, and a religious experience. I highly recommend this beer. Chris

Delerium, May 12, 2007
4.84/5  rDev +20.4%

schinebd, Aug 25, 2014
4.83/5  rDev +20.1%

Received a bottle in my Birthday BIF box from dmeadows (Thanks, Denis!).

Poured into a MJ Tasting glass. Pours a hazy light straw color with a big white head that drops rather quickly. Some sparse lacing that drops quickly back into the beer.

Aromas of spicy, lemon, peppery yeast. Lemon zest, musty. Fermented pineapple.

Flavors of tangy, slightly sour, with light acidity. Lemondrops. Some chalky mineralliness. Musty. Finish is very short, leaving behind some lemony sourness and minerals. Alcohol hides very well. As is the spicing.

Mouthfeel is light, not watery. Mouthcoating sourness with the tug at the back of the teeth.

Overall a fantastic example of saison. Deceptively light and easy drinking for its alcohol level.

JamnesCameron, Apr 15, 2011
4.83/5  rDev +20.1%

This is a tremendous beer, especially when taken in light of the fact that it is supposed to represent springtime (which it does perfectly). Pours a pretty light golden yellow with stark white head that sticks around for a bit.

The nose is phenomenal, cilantro, lime, lemon zest, grass, a hint of funkiness, some pale malt lingering, and maybe some yeast. Taste follows suit, similar flavors with perhaps a bit more pale malt and yeast to it. A hint of tartness to it too. Simply incredible that a beer with such a delicate and light flavor profile can hit 8% with no indication that it is anywhere near that mark. It makes some big American beers look just awkward in that respect.

Feel is light, crisp, refreshing, nicely carbonated. Drinkability is off the charts, I didn't want it to end. Great beer here, my favorite out of this, the regular Fantome Saison, and the Hiver. Perfectly matches the season, great experience.

LordAdmNelson, Aug 19, 2010
4.8/5  rDev +19.4%

A - pours cloudy gold, with a LOT of foam. That settles quickly, unless if spills down the sides of your glass

S citrusy or mild grapefruit acidity first, but a little bit of herb notes too - maybe rosemary??? Having a hard time pinpointing the smell

t - refreshing and tart like a good saison. Citrus. light herbs. I prefer this one over the Hiver. Right now, I feel like it has a dryer finish.

M- very bubly, easy to drink, tart. I think just about anyone might actually enjoy this.

D- all night if I could. Though the price, and large bottle size of 8% alcohol would catch up with me. I'd love to share this beer over a meal. Might go well with fish or even could cut through a richer meat and potatoes dish?

voteforgoat, May 04, 2010
4.78/5  rDev +18.9%

750ml bottle, poured into a new belgium globe.

Looks fantastic, a nice cloudy golden appearance. Exactly as I would expect from this type. Little head, however a nice fine lacing which sticks to the glass.

Smell is peppery, some hops and malt. A nice funk. I know this is different from other saisons already.

Taste is as the smell would lead you to expect. A bit more peppery then the smell would lend, however it's quite a pleasant surprise. It's a great tasting brew, and really something different from other saisons i have tried, yet maintains the style.

The mouthfeel is a bit watery, not as dry as I would expect, nor as carbonated as other saisons. However, it's not bad, it melds well with the taste. Again, a unique experience.

Given the mouthfeel, the taste, I could drink this beer all night. The alcohol is well hidden, no cloying, this beer just goes down well and leaves you wanting more.

A fine beer, fantome once again does not let me down. I would recommend this beer to everyone to at least try, if you are a fan of saisons, this is a must have. Another fantastic beer from Fantome.

masterkush, May 30, 2008
4.78/5  rDev +18.9%

My second bottle, about a year apart, and a totally different experience from the first bottle I had, much for the better. I've always heard about the variability across batches, but this is the first time I've really experienced it out of way to many of their beers - or should I say never enough! My first Printemps was super dry, all acrid black pepper and dandelion. This one is more of the classic Fantôme Saison that I expected. I added my old scores to my first review, below, and re-scored it in the DB for this one.
Poured in to my large Gulden Draak tulip (I love my Fantôme one but it's too small, and upstairs!), this Printemps is basically the same dark gold color with the same big head but with some chunky foam leftovers this time.

Smell is classic Fantôme, fruity and floral, perfume like, with a touch of dusty chalk. Before even tasting this bottle, I knew it was as intended and my first bottle was off (or perhaps just super aged and brett'd beyond belief, although I love wild ales and think I would have realized that). It helps that I've had both the regular Saison, Hiver and La Dalmatienne within the last 2 weeks, so I'm pretty tuned into Dany's vibe right now - tis the season, with the stupid heat we're getting in Portland right now, over 100F this weekend...

Taste is also more standard Fantôme, this one a bit more peppery then the rest, but not nearly as one-dimensionally acerbic as the first bottle I had, balanced by the sweet fruit and malty backbone. The sourness is light, mainly a lactic finish, which is awesome. Although I prefer with more pucker, so in the cellar they go as long as I can hold out!

Mouthfeel seems a bit full at first, but the finish is very dry quenching, with a lingering spicy aftertaste. Damn do I love saison's!

Drinkability is the tits. You can't get enough. This is Fantôme in all it's glory. Drink Deep.

1st review - 02-02-2007
C+ / 3.1
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | drink: 2

I had really high hope's for the Printemps, as the Ete is one of my favorite beers of all time. I hate to say, I was disappointed. My experience was a bit different from that of the other reviewers though, so maybe my bottle was sitting on the supermarket shelf a bit to long, refrigerated but exposed to light.
Anyways, the appearance started off good, poured from a 1pt 9,4 fl bottle into a Fantôme tulip [my favorite glass btw], it was a cloudy golden orange with a creamy, two finger off white head, that stayed across the beer to the end, but left no lace. Next to the volume was "07", presumably the best before date, as I bought this the first week of 07, so it was clearly not bottled then - perhaps last spring?

The aroma was sweet and floral, with a distinct woody character, the requisite brett. sourness. So far so good.

As for taste, it was initially very floral, but is quickly overwhelmed by extreme bitterness - not a hop bitterness, but very astringent, like pepper, with dandelion and a burnt smoky, cork taste. I thought maybe the cork had gone bad, but there was not indication on examination, it in fact looked pretty fresh. Was this thing just over spiced or did I get a skunk or what, I don't know. I really had trouble getting through the bottle, although I should note that it opened up quite a bit beyond the extreme astringency, but still not very approachable.

It had a rich, creamy mouthfeel, but was just way to bitter to be that drinkable. I will have to try another bottle [from a different store] and see how it compares.

ccrida, Feb 02, 2007