2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Fantôme Saison D'Erezée - Printemps - Brasserie Fantôme

Fantôme Saison D'Erezée - PrintempsFantôme Saison D'Erezée - Printemps

Brasserie Fantôme visit their website

Saison / Farmhouse Ale |  8.00% ABV

Availability: Spring

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 10-04-2002)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Fantôme Saison D'Erezée - Printemps Alström Bros
Ratings: 432 | Reviews: 304 | Show All Ratings:
bennetj17

Arizona

4.55/5  rDev +11.8%

750ml, corked and caged. Purchased about a year ago at Cyclone Liquors in Ames, Iowa.

The colour is a hazy, orange/copper with a thick tan head about 1/2 inch. The head holds well for a few moments before it dissolves into a thin film. Subtle carbonation appears throughout. In the first whiff I know right away I've got a Fantome: awesome, funky citrus/fruit aroma with plenty of coriander and other earthy spice. I almost get a note of fresh cut lumber, which is odd but interesting.

The taste starts out with a tangy sweetness, with some floral spiciness in the mix. The finish changes a bit with some dry, leafy, sweet corn notes, and an unexpectedly decent bitter flavor. The body is light to medium, with some moderate carbonation. Solid.

I love the earthy, peppery spice of a good Saison, and the Printemps demonstrates this with a great added complexity. There is such a range of flavors (sweet, sour, spicy, bitter) all rolled into one, that this beer is one hell of a balanced gem. I am not sure of the actual date on this, but it must have had the right amount of age on it when I opened it. Recommended...

02-20-2007 05:12:48 | More by bennetj17
Patrick999

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

I just love opening a bottle of a Fantome I haven't yet experienced.

This pours into my Ommegang 10th anniversary goblet quite golden and sunny, with some good bubbly action. Decent retention - this beer is definitely not flat, a problem I've had on occasion with other bottles of Fantome. This beer has such an innocuous look, I feel as though I could be looking at any number of pedestrian pale ales, not necessarily a complicated farmhouse ale...which of course, this most likely is. I should note that my last pour with much of the sediment made this extremely murky, the color of dark, unfiltered apple cider. From innocuous to brooding.

In the nose, this is characteristically rustic and Brett-y - spicy, musky leather along with a bit of the half-fermented orange juice I always seem to find in Fantome. Hints of odd fragrant perfume-y spices, maybe thyme, myrrh and/or rosemary. Freshly mowed grass, I love that smell of freshly cut grass...yeah, this is going to be a good one.

To my palate, this seems a little tighter, a little more dialed-in than most Fantomes. I taste leather, bitter orange, clove, fennel, maybe even some mushroom, yet there is a pervasive grassy hop character holding sway, lasting from start to finish. Malt is subservient to the yeast and hops here, but when it warms, I get some wheat bread in the finish and aftertaste. True to style, this is dry. I detect no trace of the 8% ethanol - that makes for a pretty freakin' strong saison, so I figured I'd taste some alcohol...but nope, none to be found. I'm running about 75% to 25% on good bottles of Fantome vs. flat, disappointing bottles of Fantome, but this particular bottle is clearly at or near the top of its game.

Feel blasts my expectations out of the water for a saison of this strength. The bubbles are not as coarse as you'd find in a 6% saison, but they still gain plenty of traction. Not at all watery, this has some excellent depth and chewiness to it.

To those of us who get excited over strong, complex farmhouse ales, this is one we want. If you've had Fantome before, I wouldn't necessarily say it's anything groundbreaking, but it is so tight, and very *evocative* of the countryside, as all saisons should be. Go for it. I hope you get as good a bottle as I had.

04-19-2009 21:19:53 | More by Patrick999
bulletrain76

4.55/5  rDev +11.8%

75cl bottle. Hazy-nearing-opaque gold with a medium-large head that leaves plenty of lace. Very bretty and funky with lemons, tropical fruit, honey, leather, spices, and herbal hops. The flavor is actually pretty sour and funky with lots of lemon, though not tongue-scrapingly acidic like the Beatification we had later. Grainy malt provides a touch of sweetness, and some spices add to the complexity. Dry overall, but with a nice balance between everything, and a smooth integration of flavors. Medium-light in body with medium-high carbonation. Great beer, and it looks like it has developed a lot since the spring, with plenty of wild stuff in the bottle doing its thing. I could drink this all night.

12-07-2009 23:13:57 | More by bulletrain76
TrueRates

Kentucky

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

A new Fantome for me! Pours a cloudy hay like color with a frothy, dense bubbled head. The head died down to a thin lacing after about a minute. Aromas of lemon juice, pine sol, sourdough, and lovely saison yeast . Lovely bright acidic lemon-lime taste with lots of wheatlike bread characteristics. Clean dry finish with phenomenal refreshment. High drinkability and hides the 8% alc. very well. Pretty amazing stuff!

06-27-2010 16:23:43 | More by TrueRates
merlin48

Kentucky

4.58/5  rDev +12.5%

750 ml, corked and capped. Slightly hazed, golden body pours into the Duvel goblet. Tall almond head retains well and sheds some spiderweb and sheet lace.

Pastoral aroma has white grapes, lemon Pez, spice shop ginger, spiderwebs, black pepper, and rain washed sheep.

Body has a silky carbonation and medium texture with some dusty chalkiness.

Taste is intriguing. A white pepper dryness and lemon Pez fruitiness is present throughout. Floral and herbal hops add a greenhouse effect of blooming wildflowers. Lime zest, newly shorn wool, and a pinch of nutmeg add complexity. Finishes clean and herbal.

Helluva bargain for sixteen dollars. A good Fantome like this transports me to springtime pastures, replete with gamboling cloven beasts, blooming clover, and juvenal thoughts. Hurrah!

01-17-2009 01:21:50 | More by merlin48
Knownfactor

Colorado

4.58/5  rDev +12.5%

Bottle. Pours cloudy light golden with a 1 inch white head. Aroma: citrus, lemon, sweetness, hay. Taste: crisp, light, refreshing, dry, peppery, lemon. slightly bitter dry grapefruit finish. light bodied. An extremely unique beer. Hope i can find more bottles because its delicious!

07-14-2010 01:57:43 | More by Knownfactor
zac16125

South Carolina

750mL bottle poured into a snifter
No dates notched out of the label

A: Pours a slightly hazy dark straw yellow with 2 plus fingers width of bright white colored head.  It takes a decent while to dissipate down to an outer ring.  Leaves a small amount of spotty lacing.

S: A big tart character,  lemon, sour apple, white grape, hay, some peppery spice, a decent amount of  funk, a touch of Belgium yeast banana.  Just awesome.

T: Initially there is a HUGE smoky flavor along with some wet hay.  As it warms lots of other flavors come out and the complexity richens.  There is a sweet character along with a peppery pice, barnyard funk, and a tart characteristic that is present but not to the degree of the nose.   The flavor profile is very different from the nose but very enjoyable in its own right.

M/D: Highly carbonated and medium bodied with a slightly drying finish.  Does a great job masking the ABV.   Incredible drinkability for the style and flavor profile.

O: Overall, what a wonderful example of the style, and a really great beer.  This is my third Fantome offering, and the best so far.  It's amazing to me how Fantome's saisons are all significantly better than any other example of the style I have had.  Most say Hennepin is the prototype of the style,but for me it's the Fantome series.  Can't wait to try the regular Fantome Saison that's waiting in my fridge.

04-25-2012 02:13:23 | More by zac16125
Georgiabeer

Georgia

look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This is one of those beers that fresher is definitely better. Some of the other reviews just don't sound like the same beer! This one pours a hazy orange amber with a fine head that fades to a cap for the duration of my enjoyment of the beer. The smell is amazing- it smells strongly of luscious apricots with a touch of honey and a backnote of lemon. The taste is crisp with some light grain notes, lighter apricot flavors, the trademark Fantome pepperiness, some lemon, and apple peel on the finish. Very interesting and nice flavor combination. Typically crisp and refreshing mouthfeel for this brewery. Very nice, one of my favorites of theirs.

05-22-2007 17:04:28 | More by Georgiabeer
timtim

District of Columbia

4.6/5  rDev +13%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

god bless spuyten duvel. for all their snotty hipster defaults, they have beers like this well preserved and ready to roll always. something to be said for that. typical fantome goodness. hazy yellow/green with a white head that holds well and leaves nice lace. just plain attractive. sour lemon, pear, grass, herbs, a touch of white pepper in the nose and taste. all in perfect balance. soft, velvety and creamy with a finish that morphs and just plain puts a smile on my face. my $26 bottle dissapeared WAY to quickly, but i felt like it was one of the best 26 bucks i've ever spent. supremely drinkable and a MUST for saison fans. i cannot believe hennepin scores higher than this beer. completely different level.

06-12-2009 14:18:05 | More by timtim
chuck19

Maine

look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

when the levee breaks....

You will love this beer. It looks like adult lemonade. It taste like a damn good beer. The beer poured exceptional . The head was light and small.

The smell was great. A lemon floral smell popped right out. It was ONE OF THE BEST I have tried.

The taste was good. Hints of lemons, floral notes, bacon-y (smoked) flavor hints. My friend that tried it with me noticed a barnyard musty-ness, a funk if you will.

The mouth feels fine. It is smooth, I would even go as far as to say delicate.

Overall loved this beer. I have only had a couple by Fantôme but so far I enjoy what they bring to the table.

08-28-2011 04:18:41 | More by chuck19
Photo of

4.63/5  rDev +13.8%

This is my first review on here. Any criticism/commentary is welcome. Here goes...

750ml Corked and capped bottle from spring 2009 poured into Bruery tulip.

I'm still amazed at how rapidly these Fantome beers change. I opened a bottle of this about 4 or 5 months ago and it was completely different.

A: Bottle opens with a muted pop. Cristal clear pale golden color with a big, creamy white head atop. Slowly recedes with excellent lacing. On second pour a little more haziness emerges. (NOTE: I intended to keep the dregs in the bottle, hence the crystal clear initial pour. The final pour left me with a seriously hazed beer)

S: Wet hay, barnyard, loads of lemony tartness and granny smith apple. A bit of mineral smell as well. I get some limestone. A little biscuitty sweetness in the background.

T: Tart green apple in the fore front with lemon zest and a very dry, chalky minerality. Definitely reminds me of a very acidic vintage champagne.

M: Extremely dry finish with medium carbonation. Slightly sticky. Light to medium palate weight. Wonderful dryness. Very refreshing.

D: A perfect saison for the warming summer months ahead. Tartness and dryness are very extreme, yet well balanced.

I've opened a number of Fantomes in my day and this has to be the most tart of all. The last bottle I opened a few months back had no tartness what so ever. Time has done wonders for this beer.

I love Fantome. The inconsistency is a bit beguiling. It's fascinating to have a beer that is different every time I open it.

05-06-2010 05:44:30 | More by
PerHops

4.63/5  rDev +13.8%

ST- Bottle old label (I think 2009 or 2010)
A- Bright straw color with a thin head. Lots of lacing on the glass. Gorgeous looking saison, I couldn't think of much to improve its appearance.

S- Nice smell of apples and lemon with basement must, and a sweet floral fragrance. Fruity and a little funky.

T- Follows the nose, but is a little more fruit forward at first. Sweet with some mellow spice, but gets more tart and has a super dry beautiful finish.

M- Very carbonated, but creamy enough to balance it out.

O- This is close to perfection for the style. I couldn't think of much to improve this beer.

04-01-2012 02:39:48 | More by PerHops
putnam

4.65/5  rDev +14.3%

Dull orange. Razorgrass pulp and spruce aromas are a small sensory sampling of the unusual hops and herbs bouquet. Lemon, grapefruit, toothpaste and cilantro are smothered by dough and honey scents. Kernely resins are volatile enough to smell too. Bitter and dry, but un-fixed. The powdery, pollen-scented structure flexes to accommodate harmonious, dry honey and fruit juice flavors: pear, honeydew, kiwi. Crumbly, light texture. Biscuit flavors can be chewed easily from the satiny broth. Earthy incense. Mint and lemon finish. Iced tea-like. Insanely refreshing and drinkable.

09-14-2005 20:42:22 | More by putnam
dougfir

Oregon

4.65/5  rDev +14.3%

It's nearly 100 degrees outside, so what better time to relax and open this bottle. Saison is my favorite, and everything I've had from this brewery has been spectacular so far.

Appearance - Pours a golden hazy yellow, with very little head. Upon initial pour it almost appeared to be lacking carbonation, but it eventually foamed up a bit and started lacing.

Smell - Sour, hints of apple cider and kombucha. This is really the first time I've noted any sort of 'urine' smell in a beer. It doesn't detract from it at all though.

Taste - Wow, where to begin on this one. It hits with a tart, sour funk that slowly opens into a more mellow citrus, grapefruit like flavor. If you've ever had really well fermented kombucha (a type of tea), it tastes a bit like this. I wonder if there isn't some kombucha fungus used in this fermentation. Finishes very dry and estery. Little alcohol to be noted.

Mouthfeel - My bottle could use a little more carbonation. I feel it would bring the flavors out a bit more. But still goes down very easy. Is this really 8% abv?

Drinkability - Outstanding...on these warm days, I could easily drink two of these 750ml bottles.

Overall, a great and very interesting beer. I would highly recommend trying this one if you get a chance.

05-17-2009 22:42:34 | More by dougfir
sjccmd

4.65/5  rDev +14.3%

Pours a murky and creamy golden yellow. Frothy white head that dissipates quickly.

Bright and citrusy aroma. Orange peel, grapefruit, and flowers rounded with some sweet biscuity malts. A unique yeast aroma, unique even for Fantôme.

Crazy flowery taste. Lots of citrus, spices, lemon zest, and maybe chamomile. I really can't identify most of what is going on in this beer.The flavor is so complex but everything somehow works together.

I have recently started brewing beer which has helped me identify more flavors in beer, but I really have no idea what is really put into this beer.

The mouthfeel is smooth and silky. A good amount of carbonation brings out the citrus even more.

I find it hard to believe this is 8%. I immediately regret sharing this beer with a few others. I could have probably finished the 750ml bottle by myself and wanted more.

Another excellent and unique beer from Fantôme.

06-14-2010 04:02:08 | More by sjccmd
ales4baldo

4.68/5  rDev +15%

First time having this. Swore off Saisons and Farmhouse ales until i had this.

A-Has a really nice cloudy orange look to it. Not clear at all, super foggy and seems full bodied. Holds a nice two inches if not more of head for a while.

Smell-Has a very grassy smell but with a lot of yeast and grain. Not a bad thing. Kinda like fresh bread.

Taste-Has a pleasant belgian taste to it. Lots of yeast and barely. Delicious malts. Sweet and earthy at the same time. Just really good.

M-I wouldnt hesitate to say this is a full bodied beer. Lots of flavors and body and a thick. Holds every bit of taste from when you drink to when you finish. A bit dry but not too much.

O-Such a good beer. My shop is carrying a few more so ill be picking up a couple bottles to keep cool during this hot ass weather.

07-13-2012 01:22:19 | More by ales4baldo
elNopalero

4.7/5  rDev +15.5%

No marking on the ‘best before’ indicator printed on the label, 086/477044 printed on the cork. Purchased and drunk in February, 2012.

This pours a cloudy white-gold color with moderate, lingering foam. First scent is a touch smoky, and repeated nosings reinforce this. Yeasty, estery, nuanced flora aroma rounded out by hints of smoke. Tastes light and funky, some coriander and lemongrass floralness, with a subtle smoke note, almost like a washed out campfire or burnt leaves after a springtime rain. Dry finish that ends in a ‘Wow’.

02-28-2012 22:55:08 | More by elNopalero
rayjay

Hawaii

4.72/5  rDev +16%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Deep ruby orange color with medium carbonation and a thick brownish-white head. Smells like sourdough bread. Great flavor of carmel malts and light bitter hops with a twangy sour yeast kick that dominates the aftertaste; I get that same tangyness from some old ales, Yard's Old Bart, and Courage RIS and I love it and want to learrn more about it. Finish is very dry and makes you want more. Alcohol is extremely well hidden. Wit beer texture. Refreshing and lip-smacking good. Even better as it warms. I LOVE THIS BEER!!! Must seek out more...

09-14-2006 01:16:49 | More by rayjay
jamie2dope

4.72/5  rDev +16%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This brewery has been pretty much completely absent from the local stores around me for the last six months, so when I found myself in Lincoln, I decided a visit to Colonial Spirits in Acton was in order. Grabbed a bottle of this beer for about ten bucks. Pours an amber color, with a large white head...very appealing looking brew. Was surprised to find that this one smells almost like a Lambic. Lots of funky lemon, grass, parsley, and an an overall spicy character. Taste has more of the same, with traces of lemon and orange. It is quite carbonated to begin with, almost clean tasting, but then leaves you with a sour wild yeast taste. Body is right in the middle of the ground....not too heavy or light. Alcohol is well masked as well...never would have guessed that this one is 8.00%. This is a brew that becomes more fascinating with each sip...definitely one to sip and savor. This is definitely giving this style a new profile as far as I can tell. Tastes nothing like the American examples...or most of the Belgian examples for that matter. All I can say after tasting this stuff is that I need to try more Fantome beers pronto. Cheers

02-12-2008 01:06:57 | More by jamie2dope
Mcculler

4.75/5  rDev +16.7%

The Printemps Saison, 2012, pours a cloudy orange under a small, foamy head that doesn't ever quite dissipate.

Nose reveals gamey prosciutto, grilled, smokey beef brisket, sage, lemon, horse blanket (the only saison I've ever had that literally smells like what I remember of horse blanket), dried and fresh apples, chamomile, thyme, and basil.

Taste quite simply follows nose. Complex but elegant because all notes are distinct but perfectly balanced against each other. Could use a little more acidity on the finish to clean off the amazing animal complexity. But that would gild the lily.

Creamy mouthfeel with nice but hardly overpowering carbonation.

I have enjoyed beers before. This is a revelation.

I imagine this would go well with duck, venison, and good, gamey pork or beef.

09-24-2012 01:03:41 | More by Mcculler
ccrida

Oregon

4.78/5  rDev +17.4%

My second bottle, about a year apart, and a totally different experience from the first bottle I had, much for the better. I've always heard about the variability across batches, but this is the first time I've really experienced it out of way to many of their beers - or should I say never enough! My first Printemps was super dry, all acrid black pepper and dandelion. This one is more of the classic Fantôme Saison that I expected. I added my old scores to my first review, below, and re-scored it in the DB for this one.
Poured in to my large Gulden Draak tulip (I love my Fantôme one but it's too small, and upstairs!), this Printemps is basically the same dark gold color with the same big head but with some chunky foam leftovers this time.

Smell is classic Fantôme, fruity and floral, perfume like, with a touch of dusty chalk. Before even tasting this bottle, I knew it was as intended and my first bottle was off (or perhaps just super aged and brett'd beyond belief, although I love wild ales and think I would have realized that). It helps that I've had both the regular Saison, Hiver and La Dalmatienne within the last 2 weeks, so I'm pretty tuned into Dany's vibe right now - tis the season, with the stupid heat we're getting in Portland right now, over 100F this weekend...

Taste is also more standard Fantôme, this one a bit more peppery then the rest, but not nearly as one-dimensionally acerbic as the first bottle I had, balanced by the sweet fruit and malty backbone. The sourness is light, mainly a lactic finish, which is awesome. Although I prefer with more pucker, so in the cellar they go as long as I can hold out!

Mouthfeel seems a bit full at first, but the finish is very dry quenching, with a lingering spicy aftertaste. Damn do I love saison's!

Drinkability is the tits. You can't get enough. This is Fantôme in all it's glory. Drink Deep.

1st review - 02-02-2007
C+ / 3.1
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | drink: 2

I had really high hope's for the Printemps, as the Ete is one of my favorite beers of all time. I hate to say, I was disappointed. My experience was a bit different from that of the other reviewers though, so maybe my bottle was sitting on the supermarket shelf a bit to long, refrigerated but exposed to light.
Anyways, the appearance started off good, poured from a 1pt 9,4 fl bottle into a Fantôme tulip [my favorite glass btw], it was a cloudy golden orange with a creamy, two finger off white head, that stayed across the beer to the end, but left no lace. Next to the volume was "07", presumably the best before date, as I bought this the first week of 07, so it was clearly not bottled then - perhaps last spring?

The aroma was sweet and floral, with a distinct woody character, the requisite brett. sourness. So far so good.

As for taste, it was initially very floral, but is quickly overwhelmed by extreme bitterness - not a hop bitterness, but very astringent, like pepper, with dandelion and a burnt smoky, cork taste. I thought maybe the cork had gone bad, but there was not indication on examination, it in fact looked pretty fresh. Was this thing just over spiced or did I get a skunk or what, I don't know. I really had trouble getting through the bottle, although I should note that it opened up quite a bit beyond the extreme astringency, but still not very approachable.

It had a rich, creamy mouthfeel, but was just way to bitter to be that drinkable. I will have to try another bottle [from a different store] and see how it compares.

02-02-2007 03:48:34 | More by ccrida
masterkush

Colorado

4.78/5  rDev +17.4%

750ml bottle, poured into a new belgium globe.

Looks fantastic, a nice cloudy golden appearance. Exactly as I would expect from this type. Little head, however a nice fine lacing which sticks to the glass.

Smell is peppery, some hops and malt. A nice funk. I know this is different from other saisons already.

Taste is as the smell would lead you to expect. A bit more peppery then the smell would lend, however it's quite a pleasant surprise. It's a great tasting brew, and really something different from other saisons i have tried, yet maintains the style.

The mouthfeel is a bit watery, not as dry as I would expect, nor as carbonated as other saisons. However, it's not bad, it melds well with the taste. Again, a unique experience.

Given the mouthfeel, the taste, I could drink this beer all night. The alcohol is well hidden, no cloying, this beer just goes down well and leaves you wanting more.

A fine beer, fantome once again does not let me down. I would recommend this beer to everyone to at least try, if you are a fan of saisons, this is a must have. Another fantastic beer from Fantome.

05-30-2008 04:54:47 | More by masterkush
voteforgoat

4.8/5  rDev +17.9%

A - pours cloudy gold, with a LOT of foam. That settles quickly, unless if spills down the sides of your glass

S citrusy or mild grapefruit acidity first, but a little bit of herb notes too - maybe rosemary??? Having a hard time pinpointing the smell

t - refreshing and tart like a good saison. Citrus. light herbs. I prefer this one over the Hiver. Right now, I feel like it has a dryer finish.

M- very bubly, easy to drink, tart. I think just about anyone might actually enjoy this.

D- all night if I could. Though the price, and large bottle size of 8% alcohol would catch up with me. I'd love to share this beer over a meal. Might go well with fish or even could cut through a richer meat and potatoes dish?

05-04-2010 04:38:28 | More by voteforgoat
LordAdmNelson

4.83/5  rDev +18.7%

This is a tremendous beer, especially when taken in light of the fact that it is supposed to represent springtime (which it does perfectly). Pours a pretty light golden yellow with stark white head that sticks around for a bit.

The nose is phenomenal, cilantro, lime, lemon zest, grass, a hint of funkiness, some pale malt lingering, and maybe some yeast. Taste follows suit, similar flavors with perhaps a bit more pale malt and yeast to it. A hint of tartness to it too. Simply incredible that a beer with such a delicate and light flavor profile can hit 8% with no indication that it is anywhere near that mark. It makes some big American beers look just awkward in that respect.

Feel is light, crisp, refreshing, nicely carbonated. Drinkability is off the charts, I didn't want it to end. Great beer here, my favorite out of this, the regular Fantome Saison, and the Hiver. Perfectly matches the season, great experience.

08-19-2010 00:12:03 | More by LordAdmNelson
JamnesCameron

4.83/5  rDev +18.7%

Received a bottle in my Birthday BIF box from dmeadows (Thanks, Denis!).

Poured into a MJ Tasting glass. Pours a hazy light straw color with a big white head that drops rather quickly. Some sparse lacing that drops quickly back into the beer.

Aromas of spicy, lemon, peppery yeast. Lemon zest, musty. Fermented pineapple.

Flavors of tangy, slightly sour, with light acidity. Lemondrops. Some chalky mineralliness. Musty. Finish is very short, leaving behind some lemony sourness and minerals. Alcohol hides very well. As is the spicing.

Mouthfeel is light, not watery. Mouthcoating sourness with the tug at the back of the teeth.

Overall a fantastic example of saison. Deceptively light and easy drinking for its alcohol level.

04-15-2011 21:58:16 | More by JamnesCameron