Join our email list →

Fantôme Santé 11! (Rose Edition) - Brasserie Fantôme

Fantôme Santé 11! (Rose Edition)
No picture.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Brasserie Fantôme
Belgium | website

Saison / Farmhouse Ale |  ABV ?

Beer added by: claaark13 on 01-24-2012

3.99/5  rDev -9.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Pours a medium to darkish golden color. White head. Quite cloudy. This is an odd beer. Cherry and raspberry are the strongest notes in the aroma, but some of the spice comes through, which creates an odd mix. That mix comes through even more in the taste. The raspberries and cherries are a bit weaker, the spice is stronger, there's an odd sweet note (probably from age, at least in part), and I'm getting a touch of band aid as the beer warms. All that said, I quite like it. It's definitely fantome crazy. The spice plus fruit combo is odd but interesting. The feel is solid. Good carbonation. I bet it was better fresher but so it goes. Anyway, it's always fun to try ghost craziness, and I like the fruit.

4.62/5  rDev +5%

Bottle at Fantome-a-thon 2012

A golden orange/amber pour with an off-white head. The fruit on the aroma is fantastic. Intense raspberry with a bit of cherry in the background. Lightly tart, a little bit of grass, but mostly just fruit. The flavor is akin to eating fresh raspberries. A subtle tartness with excellent fruit flavor. Mild cherry to it and a bit of lactic tartness.

4.47/5  rDev +1.6%

Shared with some beer geeks up in Vermont. This is the extremely limited "Rose Edition", which is brewed with Cherries and Raspberries. I can't read the label, but the photo and the guy interpreting the French told the story. Poured into a Hill Farmstead tasting glass (twice). This one was brewed in 2007.

A - Orange with a nice head that turns into a little more than minimal lacing. It looks nice, but it doesn't blow my mind.

S - Crushed raspberries. There isn't much cherry to be found, but instead a lot of sweetness from the raspberries. Very appealing.

T - Raspberries, some low sweetness and a little bit of tartness on the finish. I really had a tough time finding cherries in this one. It was like a framboise with only a little bit of tartness on the finish. I also found that the slight sweetness possibly came from some sort of raspberry extract or syrup. One of the guys reading the label thought he translated "syrup", which wouldn't surprise me. Very impressive flavor, nothing I would expect from a Fantome or a Saison.

M - Medium body that really brought out the flavor. I loved the mouthfeel. The carbonation held up very well.

O - I really did enjoy this one. Based on the Fantome bottles that I find Dany has taken care in filling/brewing, I'm convinced that there are some great ones out there. I mean a Saison/Framboos? Really? Very nice.

Fantôme Santé 11! (Rose Edition) from Brasserie Fantôme
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.