1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.

Mangey Rabbit - Lakefront Brewery, Inc.

Mangey Rabbit
No picture uploaded.

Lakefront Brewery, Inc. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American IPA |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: BeerBelcher on 12-15-2006)
4.35/5  rDev +2.6%

I purchased a pint of this at Comet Cafe down the road from me (actually 2 blocks down), and it would be worth going every day to have this!!

Very full body and great for the hop heads, full of taste and is just as good as the previous review. Of all the IPA's I've tasted (Many), this is one I could drink every single day, all day!!! I hope at some point they go forward with this beer as I will be buying this very often!! Only seems to be available at Comet, but at the brewery tour and at various festivals I see an IPA by Lakefront being served. It's like the Loch Ness Monster, everyone says they've seen it but no one can seem to pin it down!! :-)

Tumpster, Jun 11, 2007
4.13/5  rDev -2.6%

According to the menu at the Comet Cafe, Lakefront brews this beer expressly for the Comet Cafe (it is also not on Lakefront's website). This is also (to my knowledge) the only IPA Lakefront makes.

Appearance was a hazy light-colored orange. There was good head formation which was retained while I drank it forming decent lacing.

Aroma was very citrusy and pleasant.

Flavor was of hop bitterness along with a citrus notes. As it warmed up slightly the citrus notes tasted to me more lemon-y, to the extent that it sort of made my mouth pucker.

Mouthfeel was not overly sticky (like many aggressively hopped American IPAs) nor was it watery.

This beer smelled, tasted, and felt very good. If this restaurant placement is a test for Lakefront, I'd encourage them to move forward with this beer.

BeerBelcher, Dec 15, 2006
Mangey Rabbit from Lakefront Brewery, Inc.
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.