IPA - Lakefront Brewery, Inc.

IPAIPA

Lakefront Brewery, Inc. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

(Beer added by: cichief on 01-05-2008)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of IPA Alström Bros

3.75/5  rDev -5.1%

A - A golden/orange color.Not too much head on my pour, but maybe I was being too careful.

S - Citrus/hoppy

T - It has the IPA bite, which is nice. Not as dominant and sharp as some of my other more-preferred favorites. It's more smooth, and I think that "casual" IPA drinkers would really like something like this. It's worth noting I had this from the bottle - I'd really like to try this on draft.

M - Thins is a good word to describe this. Not full at all, the texture of a light domestic.

O - I've had some "really good" IPA's, and I've had "good" IPA's. Right now, this one fits in with the latter. I do think that if I were to have this on draft it could be "really good". It's also worth noting that I'm drinking this after it was bottled over 3 months ago, so I owe it to Lakefront Brewery to try a fresh one. I'll definitely come back to this one at a later date.

3.75/5  rDev -5.1%

A: Pours a somewhat cloudy orange/goldish color, had a nice one finger white head at the top and left a slight lacing around the glass.

S: Pine, honey, lemongrass, earthy nose, some caramel is also present and some grapefruit as well.

T: The taste follows the nose lots of grapefruit, and some pine and caramel notes throughout, some earthyness to it as well.

M: Warming, medium bodied, sticky and dry, and a good amount of carbonation.

O: Overall a good brew, not to bitter and good amount of flavors, well balanced. I feel like Wisconsin is stepping their game up when it comes to craft beer these days, good brew and well balanced.

3.75/5  rDev -5.1%

IPA from Lakefront Brewery, Inc.