Winter Warmer - Lancaster Brewing Company

Lancaster Brewing Company visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

Old Ale |  8.90% ABV

Beer added by: NeroFiddled on 11-10-2003

Our classic Olde Ale delivers a complex malt flavor and blend of British and American hops. True to its name, this beer finishes with a nice warming alcohol flavor.
4.4/5  rDev +18.3%

3.24/5  rDev -12.9%

4.04/5  rDev +8.6%

3.72/5  rDev 0%

4.4/5  rDev +18.3%

4.25/5  rDev +14.2%

Dark roasted malts offer up a nearly opaque mahogany brown ruby highlighted body beige khaki head forms smooth carbonation fine bubbles are evident.

Aroma has plum and raisins off the bat I'm met with dark fruit and smooth mellow warming alcohol with some perceived sweetness from the caramelized sugars.

Flavor nutty earthy roasted malts English in nature they say this is done in an old ale style, well guess what? It's working dark fruit plum vinous fruit and raisins, really stick to the palate slightly salty umami sense in the finish I'm pleasured to be drinking this fine beer from Lancaster Brewing.

Mouthfeel is medium to full bodied smooth finish no alcohol burn whatsoever this is poetry in motion big malts and balanced hop character a bit of earthiness maybe that's it even though there's English and American hops.

Overall, supreme drink for the winter go search it out if it's available in your area...most definitely the best offering I've ever had from Lancaster this is world class for me!

3.25/5  rDev -12.6%

3.84/5  rDev +3.2%

3.8/5  rDev +2.2%

3.16/5  rDev -15.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

I got this on tap, poured into a standard pint glass:

Appearance: A dark, almost violet color (although the light in the establishment may have had something to do with this), with a weak off-white head and minimal lacing.

Aroma: Sultry citrus notes mixed with a kind of woody overall cast to it.

Taste: Berry flavors dominate with some malty background tones, plus some sweetness on the finish. Aftertaste is a bit on the pungent side, not the best.

Mouthfeel: Kind of watery, thin, with minimal carbonation and not much kick.

Overall: This is an acceptable beer. When I first tasted it, I had to pause, because I couldn't quite put my finger on whether I liked it or not. By the end, I decided it was pretty much a miss. It's not totally a lost cause, but I wouldn't race back for another one. I will say, however, that I stepped outside about half-way through the drink to have a quick smoke, and it was freezing out there. I came in a couple minutes later, and I don't know--maybe it was the cold--but the beer tasted better to me, at least for the first couple minutes after I sat down.

3.76/5  rDev +1.1%

4.16/5  rDev +11.8%

4.5/5  rDev +21%

A complex dessert beer; D really likes

4.5/5  rDev +21%