Mcleary's Pub Ale - Lancaster Brewing Company

1 Review

pDev: n/a
Lancaster Brewing Company visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  ABV ?

Beer added by: Phatz on 07-11-2007

Reviews by Phatz:
4.18/5  rDev n/a

Mcleary's Pub Ale is brewed by Lancaster Brewing Company *only* for Mcleary's Public House in Marietta PA. Mcleary's is well worth visiting. I wish it were actually worthy of a BA BeerFly but it is sortof on the fence. The place is a great Irish Pub but not quite a "Beer Destination."

Mcleary's Public House
130 W Front St
Marietta, PA 17547
(717) 426-2225

They claim the Mcleary's Pub Ale is an APA. Well I have a message in to the brewer to confirm that because if it is it would be the most dark and malty APA I have had. That said; It taste GREAT! I wish is was available at Lancaster. I had to come all the way out to Marietta to try it. Well, I'll be back. Mcleary's opened a new patio in the back and an outdoor bar. Very nice place. Here’s the break down.

Appearance: Served a translucent amber color with an off white head and a little lace.

Smell: a bit reserved but camel malt and bread, with a touch of toffee and some hops. It makes me think more of an English brown ale than an APA.

Taste: The taste follows in suit with the nose. Malty and amber, not quite brown but not real APA either. It is hard to put in a style but they call it APA so be it. Sweet bread malts. touch of fruit and certainly hops. Yum.

Mouthfeel: Smooth medium body. Rich and malty.

Drinkability: This is a session beer for sure. I really enjoyed this and I will be back for more.

Hope this is helpful.
Cheers! (1,427 characters)

Mcleary's Pub Ale from Lancaster Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.