Corona Extra - Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

Corona ExtraCorona Extra

Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V. visit their website

American Adjunct Lager |  4.60% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 01-10-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Corona Extra Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,171 | Hads: 4,491

This beer is on my top beer to drank in the summer and maybe of all time! Others do not like this beer but in my 20 years of dranking it does not disapoint on being refreshing and taste. It is crisp and clean! I The taste of heaven!

Apperance:Gloden like beautiful gold watch forever, the retention is excellent.

Smell: Very Smooth and refreshing has hops and malts.

Taste: This is very smooth and refrshing beer. It has no after taste but with a lime even taste better then all craft beers. Who would thnk that !

Mouthfull: very refreshing, crips, leave's a pleasant taste, medium body and medium carbonation in it.

Overall People either hate or love it. I am on the side of love it! The price is not cheap even in California but I will always buy it. By far the best Mexican beer on the market!

D: World class.

It's difficult to make a wise description of the largest importe beer in the United States, but i made this observation:

A: Bright golden color, like molten gold, the foamy head is white, creamy, with a finger and a half thick, fueled by hundreds of small bubbles that emerge from the background, and lasts forever, the retention is excellent.

S: Smooth and refreshing, constantly invites you to take drink it, analyzing it, dominates malt, stinging hops and olive oil.

T: Indescribable, a master merge between malt and hops, some chickpeas and grains that i haven't found in other adjunct lager.

M: Medium bitterness, very refreshing, crips, leave's a pleasant taste, medium body and medium carbonation.

D: World class.

I gotta give this piss water a 5. Yes it taste horrible, yes it probably does have some pee in it. But this beer was my first beer ever. And that's special to me. It's gotten me hella wasted, it's gotten me into a lot of fun. Most of all it brings great memories of me relaxing on a beach with my wife. This is THE vacation beer. But once summer is over I do not drink this piss water! Ugh seasonal all the way

Corona Extra is the shit!, plain and simple, with or without a lime wedge, drink it! """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" ...

4.97/5  rDev +122.9%

Anyone who doesn't like this beer is just a hater because of the hype. The beer is light and is very refreshing. Nobody ever says "nah man i don't like Corona"... that sentence should be followed by a slap to the face because they are clearly lying to your face.

4.86/5  rDev +117.9%

Actually all thise who give it law score it is beacause they do not understand the purpose of thos Corona beer. It is not ontended to be German beer nor Belgian beer . This is an American beer / Mexican beer ( very similar to s Miller beer by the way wich I also like) .
The purpose this to eat food while drinking, seating best to the fire on a trail trek while drinking , when hot day,when fursty . Great with lemon .
LIghtness is the purpose. very light and well balanced beer . Not to heavy , not to complicated yet the very basic taste is vey very fine by me .
This is not intended to be an hoegaarden .

4.8/5  rDev +115.2%

A - Golden colored, looks great.

S - Smells different than most beers, but I love the smell.

T - One of the best tasting beers. A little grainy, but very yummy. Especially with a big fat lime in it.

M - Average mouthfeel. Good carbonation.

D - Very drinkable. I could drink these all night.

4.68/5  rDev +109.9%

I don't care what others may say i love Corona for its great refreshing quality and the nice crisp taste. I wouldn't say it is a beer that everyone would like but it is a nice tasting beer with a lot going for it. The look and flavor is great because it is great for sitting back on a hot summer day. I often hear people mocking it and claiming that the Mexicans won't drink it but I don't mind because they can send it all to me. I would pick Corona any day of the week because it is miles away from ordinary.

4.66/5  rDev +109%

I have to admit, I wasn't sure what to make of this beer before I tried it. A friend of mine told me that I should try it so I did. This is one of my favorite beers that I have tried. The smell of a Corona is unpleasant and skunky at first, but the taste is great. The appearance is a yellowish color and looks very good at first sight.Some people say adding a lime wedge to your Corona will make it taste even better. I recommend this beer to anyone.

4.54/5  rDev +103.6%

I do enjoy this beer.Its something you wont scream WOW about but I keep it on hand.Just like on the commercial you can drink this on a hot day,relax,and have several without falling down drunk out of your chair.It does have a almost light beer taste to it.You can not drink a stronger European ale then come back to this...

4.53/5  rDev +103.1%

Firstly, i believe most people on this site love "heavy, dark, robustly flavorful" beers. I personally feel this site is kind of biased.

I love coronas with lime. I can drink it all night. Its delicious and refreshing. Sure its not malty or hoppy. Its like a lime soda with a smooth after taste of limey.

Don't get me wrong, I love heavy beers too. Dogfish head 90 ipa and sam adams ocktoberfest are someone of my favorite beers. I just dont understand why this beer got such low ratings, go similar ratings as most beers in anheiser busch.

I am a proud supporter of coronas and im not mexican btw lol.

4.44/5  rDev +99.1%

I absolutely love Corona. It's pretty much all I drink. Put some limes in it and it tastes like lime juice. You can't even tell you are drinking beer.

Without a lime I wouldn't recommend it. So if you don't like limes you probably won't like this beer. But if you like limes then this is definitely the beer for you.

Corona is also known for being a great summer drink. There's nothing like a Corona on the beach.

4.27/5  rDev +91.5%

I like good beer. And, there are lots of different beers that are good. Some are microbrewed and some are mass produced. Quantity to me is irrelevant. Corona Extra is my favorite for a light, American style lager beer. Unlike, Bud, Coors, Miller, and virtually all the other micro lagers and pilsners, Corona Extra has a slight hoppy taste that I like. Yes, Matilda, this is not an IPA. Duh! But, it's crisp and light as a proper American style lager should be and yet it's got a bit of character, in this case in the form of hops. So, on a nice hot day here in Houston, an ice cold Corona is a great way to chill.

4.23/5  rDev +89.7%

Corona takes a lot of flack here but I like this beer. My review is of a bottle of corona with lime. I won't drink this beer without lime - I don't like it. But...
throw a lime in it and its great.
Its a pale yellow piss colour, but hey, thats what its supposed to look like, right? No idea what the head looks like, this isn't getting poured into any glass.
All I can smell is the lime. The taste is a nice citrusy mix of beer and lime juice.
Maybe i should just review a lime???
Mouthfeel is kind of fizzy like soda or seltzer.
Drinkability? Are you kidding? I would give this a 6 if i could.
Even the sleek shape of the bottle suggests you can slam umpteen of these at a time.

4.22/5  rDev +89.2%

hey say what you will, but it has replaced water in my life, most people think of corona as anything close to a different tasting american macro-lager, but this is not tru; originally brewed by vienniese immigrants, it was it's own style, hops,malts & the type of water they were used to using was non-existant ( i don't know the recipe) but they did have corn, & lots of it !! i'm sure the thin head & no body is a result of that, as well as the "null" hopping.
The beer does look beautiful in the bottle & if it weren't for the alcohol in it, it would be soda, my other water alternative...so conserve water,and drink Corona instead !!

4.18/5  rDev +87.4%

For me, beer sould be drink on how it comes... in a bottle or can, who invented to put lemon on beer?,... at first i desagree, but after trying it,...it was "inevitable".. .

Without lemon: if i go one by one in category it would be nonesense,. . everything in this beer is great.

With lemon: it passes more quickly, perfect body, good head.. . i mean.. . excelence, 2 tumbs up to mexico for creating this beer.

4.18/5  rDev +87.4%

Personally this beer is one one of my favorites to drink! It's smooth and easy to drink. Goes good with a lime! It's a good beer to have anytime,especially at a party! Seems most people are critics towards this beer due to it's lightness in taste! But I find it as a favorite! Cheers!

4.1/5  rDev +83.9%

This beer is flavorful for a person who is not much of a beer drinker. As a graduate of sissy & light beers, I'd pimped this out with the traditional lime. Of course to my liking, a splash if bloody mary mix, but not necessary.

4.07/5  rDev +82.5%

Not much to honestly say about corona. I gave the smell it a low score due to it lack of smell. To me it tastes like budweiser and budlight. Corona will always be one of my go to beers though.

4.06/5  rDev +82.1%

I created an account and gave this beer a 5 simply to try and offest all the terribly negative reviews. This is a mass-produced pale lager. It's not going to be anything like your supah-fancy exquiste craft brews. Alone, without the customary lime, it is sorta nasty and smells skunky. And it looks like straight up piss. But add that magical slice of lime- make sure to squeeze out all the juices, I mean really lime it up, use a gigantic slice of lime, and BAM, you have a kick-ass refreshing beverage. Sure- it's not really the beer we are reviewing at this point, more of a beer-lime shandy type thing, but my god, it is refreshing and delicious. Tell me a better beer to put a lime in. This blows Bud Light Lime out of the water. It is cheap and refreshing. Also, by sheer chance, my review averaged out to a rating of 4.20. Blaze up fellow beer advocates. And suck my lime flavored dick for dissing on Corona.

4.02/5  rDev +80.3%

Dispite it's overall poor rating, I actually really like this beer and is one of the beers I buy the most in the middle of summer and really never purchase this in the fall or winter.

It is the kind of beer I really love with a wedge of lime stuck in the bottle through the opening, and without the lime I actually don't really like it.

It is very light colored, with a unique smell and flavour, and is very refeshing (with the lime) on a hot summers day.

Bottom line:
Drink this ice cold with a wedge of lime on a hot summer day and its awesome. Without the lime and in the middle of winter, it's just not very nice.

4.01/5  rDev +79.8%

A: Yellow corny, with a white head

S: I like this beer, BUT NOT for the smell, very skunk to weedy smell

T: this beer is a crisp corn & lite hoppy good with or without lime or limon

M: fizzy combination

D: YES on a cold or hot day (especially)... the beer does taste rather bad when hot almost undrinkable, so Ice cold is the way to go. The Party beer IMO

I see this is rated lowly. Once again, i don't really know what you all are comparing this to. It doesn't remotely compare to Sierra Nevada Pale ale or Any of that. compared to budweiser and others in its class its a step up.

Photo of

I am older (58) and my taste for heavier beers has diminished. I am sensitive to acidy so I don't go for brews with a citrus flavor. I almost always eat when I drink, so I don't want a beer that overpowers my food. I am sensitive to brewing processes and some preservatives so I
don't want a beer that makes me feel like crap or makes me pee 3 beers for every one I drink.
I tend to drink beer at room temperature.

I love Corona. It's not too heavy or filling.
It doesn't overpower the food I am eating. I
don't overpee when I drink it or suffer any
ill effects. It goes down easy with a mild bitter after taste. It seems a little less carbonated then most beers.

It's not at the top of my list, but it's my pick
for a very drinkable everyday beer. If you agree with this review, you will also probably like Lionshead.

My favorite everyday beer. It's got a lot of flavor for a lighter beer. It's refreshing, has a clean after-taste, and is not as watered down as other American Lagers.

Corona Extra from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.