Corona Extra - Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

Corona ExtraCorona Extra

awful

awful

Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V. visit their website
Mexico

American Adjunct Lager |  4.60% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 01-10-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Corona Extra Alström Bros

1.5/5  rDev -35.1%

3.25/5  rDev +40.7%

1.5/5  rDev -35.1%

1.25/5  rDev -45.9%

1.75/5  rDev -24.2%

1.65/5  rDev -28.6%

Overall this beer is under the category of "piss-water" for me. It is unique with the corn flavor it gives in both taste and smell, however it isn't anything fancy and quite frankly it sickened me after a few beers.

If your looking for a beer of great quality I cannot advise you to chase after this beer, however if your just looking to get hammered go for it.

2.85/5  rDev +23.4%

Appearance: It looks like liquid gold. What can I say? Don't judge a book by its cover. This is NOT a good brew. With less than a half of an inch head that quickly fades! Little to NO lacing!

Smell: Bittersweet malts..I get a hint of them--but I am not enticed.

Taste: A bit sweet, and definitely bitter. Doomed from the start with its clear glass. Trust me, the taste is not befitting of its multi million dollar ad campaign. Utterly waste of time drinking this. If you haven't had Corona before, trust me, skip this and introduce yourself to class brews!

Mouthfeel: I enjoy a bit of carbonation, but Corona kicks it into another gear. Perhaps in the desire to have someone believe their thirst is actually being quenched. The skunk like feel in your mouth is also ever so present. This is not a quality beer. I'm sorry for being so repetitive!

Overall- Below average. Not particularly impressed. I wouldn't rush out to buy a six pack or get me a serving on draft. In fact, I wouldn't drink this..again..period.

Serving type: I've had this on tap and in bottle before. I've had this in the US of A and straight from a brewery before as well. It's not good.

2.75/5  rDev +19%

2.5/5  rDev +8.2%

Corona Extra from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.