1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.

Corona Extra - Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

Corona ExtraCorona Extra

awful

awful

Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V. visit their website
Mexico

American Adjunct Lager |  4.60% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 01-10-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Corona Extra Alström Bros

nickleeye, Jul 10, 2014

ChaseBacon, Aug 10, 2013

thetimhortonsman, Jun 07, 2014
2.38/5  rDev +3%

I Drank this out of the bottle, somehow I figure it's best this way. There is a reason why you never see Corona on tap...part of Corona's mystique is it's image. Wait...does Corona have a mystique? To some uneducated Beer consumers....yea it does. More power to them though

Appearance: Heavy carbonation which is pleasing to my eye. Bright yellow color to the beer.

Taste: Tastes like corn. Must be brewed with a heavy dose of corn ingredients. This corn tastes kind of sticks to the roof of your mouth. There is a light sweetness to this beer which is kind of nice. This beer is actually refreshing when cold, but once it gets warm...the cheap adjunct ingredients make this brew taste like a sweaty sock.

Mouthfeel: Thin and mega-carbonated

Drinkability: Ehhh...I could whack a bunch of these.

Lime, or no Lime? I say put a lime in it. Let's not kid ourselves, Corona isn't that good...a lime can only help. It seems like it's brewed to be complimented by a lime.

To really jazz your Corona up...Follow these steps.

1. Squeeze the juice of a lime into it
2. Put a fresh lime wedge in for garnish
3. Fill the rest of the Corona up with Jose Cuervo Tequilla
4. Turn it upside down and let things mix
5. Salt the rim

What you have is no longer a beer, but instead more of a mixed drink. It tastes better than a Corona though, try it and see for yourself.

maek228, Apr 01, 2005
2.2/5  rDev -4.8%

I almost forget that I am drinking a beer when I have this. It more reminds me of a soda that was never sweetened. Pours a yellow, sand like color (or maybe I'm just associating it with those great commercials) with lots of carbonation and no head worthy of mention. Smelled malty and bitter, with a very light, bitter taste that mellows out. Don't drink it without a lime wedge. My favorite macro beer and I don't mind it at times, but definitely should only be consumed during the three warm months of the year.

stingrayvr6, Mar 31, 2009

dandmc24, Jan 27, 2012

bgramels, Aug 09, 2012

ivorycannon, Feb 25, 2014
2.5/5  rDev +8.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3

Poured into a pint glass. No lime. White, soapy head that disappears into nothing within seconds. Pours a pale yellow. Smells grainy, fairly clean, but with a bit of funky/skunkiness I can't place my finger on. Mouthfeel is a little slick and undercarbonated. I think pouring this (people typically have this out of the bottle) knocks out the fizziness you'd want. Tastes has a faint skuniness to it and a little bit of a vegetable-like sweetness. Not at all bitter. The shear simplicity of it warrants some drinkablity. A clear bottle makes it look fairly refreshing.

drunkboxer1, Jun 12, 2009

2.75/5  rDev +19%

Cardmarauder, Oct 20, 2012

Gasc0igne, Nov 22, 2013
1.3/5  rDev -43.7%

This is the epitome of bad beer. At least Budweiser has rice & beechwood aging to blame for its crappiness. It is really only potable when doused liberally with lime wedges, and I don't like fruit in my beer. I'd rather drink limeade.

True story: as a younger man in a bar, I noticed for the first time that there was always a lime wedge stuck in the top of every Corona bottle served. I finally asked a patron "why the lime" and he replied with a straight face "You have to do something to make this shit taste good."

IMHO, it looks like pee, it tastes like pee, and I'd rather not pay for pee.

slym, Jun 28, 2014
2.6/5  rDev +12.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

Mass produced from Mexico.. light yellow color with little flavor if any it's on the bitter end.. flat low carboantion with no lasting Belgian lace.. is not very drinkable either with lime or without it. Mouthfeel is light and no body with not much substance. Smell is weak and non impressive.

bierman2000, Jul 19, 2003
3.83/5  rDev +65.8%

Pale yellow, with a little foam. IN general, it tastes like if it was frozen and then put in the sun, what is sometimes called Burned. I would avoid to drink this beer as much as possible since the after taste is a little anoying. It is known as Coronita in Spain, due to some legal issues, but Coronita in Mexico is a smaller presentation. NO cans found in Mexico but available in the USA.

nekronos, Sep 13, 2005

Bones10, May 22, 2013

Anze, May 05, 2014
1.58/5  rDev -31.6%

I'm not going to bother with a category by category review of this. First, I wasn't going to waste my time with reviews of beers like this, which I've foresworn long ago (but if I do that, I'll probably be an initiate forever). Furthermore, it's likely that no one is even going to read this. Anyway, I was sort of forced to have one of these at a recent BBQ, it was the only beer choice. This beer basically has no redeeming features and I find the image they are trying to cultivate (as a more sophisticated choice) even worse than most of the other macros.

It is a bit more golden than many macros, but it is thin, sourish, and gives little hint that it's based on barley (hah!) and hops. However, it's not as "corny" as some other macros (which would probably benefit it). Anyway, I didn't even finish my bottle of this, choosing a ginger ale instead! I don't care where, under what situation, how cold, or how cheap this is: not worth your time or effort to even drink!

Dantes, May 24, 2004

SudsSurfer, Nov 19, 2013

ChesterHop, Aug 30, 2013

dhep16, Mar 08, 2012
1.5/5  rDev -35.1%

freshtojeff, Feb 19, 2012
Corona Extra from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.