Corona Extra - Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

Corona ExtraCorona Extra

awful

awful

Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V. visit their website
Mexico

American Adjunct Lager |  4.60% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 01-10-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Corona Extra Alström Bros

Had this at a wedding in a bottle.

This beer is horrible...I honestly do not know why anyone drinks it....in trying to be respectful I will leave it at this...I do not recommend this beer at all, if it is for you then great but of al of the beers I have drank this is one of the only ones I will continue to turn down.

1.11/5  rDev -51.9%

Straight out of the bottle, grip and sip.

Looks golden yellow, can see easily through the clear bottle.

Smells like skunk, malt and regret.

Tastes like everything above. Slightly sweet but not in a good way.

Mouthfeel is kind of syrupy and heavy for a beer that should be lighter. The aftertaste is of bread soaked in a gutter that hasn't been cleaned after a long time.

Overall: Corona Extra? Extra what...Extra bad?

2.96/5  rDev +28.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

this review is for Corona Familiar - If what I've been told is correct, "Familiar" simply means "Family Sized". That said, a friend gave me this 32oz BROWN (not Corona Clear) bottle in exchange for some surfboard repair - beer & toxic chemicals, what could go wrong?? ;-) On to the review:

A: I used what I consider the appropriate glassware for this particular beer - the brown bottle it came in (thankfully COLD). Though experience tells me that it's a very pale straw color with lotsa fizz, much as it will be a couple hours after consumption....

S: Again from the bottle. Wet grains, not much else. There's a reason why this stuff is in a small mouthed bottle - get real, we all know that we're not here for the aroma.

T: Wet cereal grains, corn, rice, maybe a shade of lemony yeast (wheat?) if I really think about it. Inoffensive - I think the brown bottle was a good choice by Grupo Modelo.

M: Crisp, snappy carbonation prevent the too wet grain taste from laying too heavy on the tongue, super clean finish with a hint of corn.

O: Perfect libation for fixing surfboards. The brown bottle really helped prevent the dreaded "Corona Skunk" that I was so wary of when my friend presented this as his payment for repairing his board! All in all though, I can think of many beers in this style that I'd prefer over this. (Pilsener in El Salvador - maybe because I was there while sampling!) Good style for hot work though!

Corona Extra from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.