Corona Extra - Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

Corona ExtraCorona Extra

awful

awful

Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V. visit their website
Mexico

American Adjunct Lager |  4.60% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 01-10-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Corona Extra Alström Bros
1.5/5  rDev -35.1%

1.5/5  rDev -35.1%

2.5/5  rDev +8.2%

2.25/5  rDev -2.6%

2.35/5  rDev +1.7%
look: 3 | smell: 1 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

I'v always heard from my buddies, "Try this beer man! It's great!" After trying it for my first time, it was not very great.

The beer was served ice cold in a bottle. Looked like a regular American style lager.

The smell was something to make your head turn. I cannot be more accurate when I say it smelled like a skunk. Not pleasant at all.

The taste was how I expected it to be: Watered down and had a little bit of the skunky taste. Maybe it's because it's in a clear bottle? Never been one to drink beer from a clear bottle.

Mouthful was okay besides the taste. It wasn't bad or good. Definitely something I wouldn't keep around in the fridge but I can see how there is a market for this one.

2.25/5  rDev -2.6%

1.25/5  rDev -45.9%

2.75/5  rDev +19%

3.9/5  rDev +68.8%

Really enjoy Corona's, just returned from a vacation and the first beer that I wanted to drink while at the beach was sure enough a Corona. Very light and crisp beer that is extremely refreshing especially in the hot sun. Always add the lime as well for a little extra bitterness and flavor to top it off.

2.46/5  rDev +6.5%
look: 2 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Corona was really just a test I am trying to expand my horizon. I did not care for it. if I had to chose between Guinness and Corona I would chose Guinness I know its a completely different style of beer I am just trying to broaden my beers. I just guess I like dark beers more than light beers everyone has different tastes but if looking for a light beer this is pretty good.

2.5/5  rDev +8.2%

2.16/5  rDev -6.5%

I don't think there's a more mass produced beer as popular as corona that taste this bad. Corona falls into the category of "well, if that's all you have, sure I'd like a corona".

Corona has a very watery taste with a hint of skunk. It has a very skunky smell and it feels flat and uncarbonated. Corona's very light in taste but at least their commercials are cool.

3.5/5  rDev +51.5%

4.97/5  rDev +115.2%

Anyone who doesn't like this beer is just a hater because of the hype. The beer is light and is very refreshing. Nobody ever says "nah man i don't like Corona"... that sentence should be followed by a slap to the face because they are clearly lying to your face.

3.2/5  rDev +38.5%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Classic Beer. Pop one of these open at the beach and you'll surely enjoy yourself. If you're feeling extra adventurous, stick a lime slice in it and you'll have a great time. This is very refreshing and you'll get to taste a little bit of Mexico!

Corona Extra from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.