Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Corona Light - Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

Corona LightCorona Light

Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V. visit their website

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-17-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Corona Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 370 | Hads: 1,815

This beer has the look smell taste and feel of watered down urine. Urine with none of the calories and none of the flavor. I advise you to avoid the frat boys drinking this at all costs.

I ask you, Grupo Modelo, why? Why brew an even weaker version of your famous beer? Less flavor, less aroma, less alcohol. Pours nearly clear. There is no aroma, as all I smell is minerals, which I attribute to the bottle. The taste is a travesty of stale water. This beer sucks.

This was my step dad's go to beer many moons ago when I was growing up, more so Extra than Light but Corona was his quality beer. Budweiser was his regular offering, btw. Again light pale golden clear bodied lager, low in alcohol. No lime wedge squeezed and shoved down the neck of the bottle for me. A good old fashioned pour into a fluted pils glass. Very pale yellow, quickly fleeting white head really no lace is left behind. Sorry looking beer, let's go for a few sniffs...cooked veggies/corn/rice with a solvent green/skunked/grassiness. Wow, this is the worst fuckin' beer I've ever tasted, it's got off flavors coming at the palate from every direction. I though cold temp would make this beer more suitable, this is unbearable. At first sip it was terrible, second sip no better not as rough. The off flavors begin to actually justify themselves and if served cold enough without a lime you may be able to drink the whole bottle. I'm starting to get a headache half way through, and I have drank mass produced swill beer my whole life, wtf? My head is now tingling like a just huffed on chemicals. This beer tastes wrotten with skunked/strong carbonation cooked vegetables not much sweetness or fruitiness pretty clean finish. Mouthfeel is watery/carbonation is crazy high like I just dropped an alka seltzer in it. Drinkability overall is a never again verdict, I will never dance with this devil again.

What kind of anorexic, psychopath thought up this beer? Why would a beer that is so lacking in body, taste, and quality put out a LIGHT beer: the original beer is a light beer. This “beer” is an insult to water, and a waste of corn. Terrible, twice terrible. Hell, you have to add a lime to it just to make it awful; “as with all in this line of” panther piss. If you catch me with one of these again, please take me out of my misery: maybe a fan of this beer can make me a lethal cocktail of Henie and Lowenbrau.

Bottle: Poured what must be the lightest yellow corn lager in the world without any head and a strong skunky aroma. Wow, truly one of the worst beer I had the misfortune of drinking and let me tell you that I had my fair share of bad experience. No much more that I can say about this…

My first 1.0 beer. I use the term beer loosely because other than the bottle, this bears no relationship to beer, even regular Corona. If you put a lime in it, you have lime water. Otherwise, there is no discernible beer aroma or taste. It isn't water though either, which you might want to drink on a hot day. This is just weak, adulterated water with some hint of an off taste that is not good. I drank this so as not to insult a friend. Never, ever again.

Uggghhhh!! I wonder how anybody can drink this stuff... i actually had a bud lite lime and it was better... i'd rank that as a D- and give this an F... i went to a party yesterday and my choice was this or budweiser.. i had one of these and then i was done drinking...

A - you have got to be kidding me.. i couldn't pour into a glass cuz you see in the bottle it is a lite yellow color... like hay...

S - there is a smell? smells like cheap rice/corn budweiser beer...

T - watery.. a little carbonated.. i'd rather have soda.. i'm amazed i saw people drinking this at what crap people will drink... i'd rather drink that oiled water that is spewing out in the gulf of mexico rite now...

M - disgusting...

D - I barely got thru one... about two sips in i didn't think i was gonna make it.. if i was like khalid sheif muhammad or bin laden you wouldn't have to waterboard me... just make me drink this stuff.. that would be tortorous enough for me...

wow i hope somebody from corona doesn't read my review... lol.. thankfully for them i am such a small minority.. if someone really likes beer they don't drink this.. that's the plain and simple truth...

What criteria are used to determine if a liquid is in fact a 'beer'? This pathetic excuse for beer is certainly as far from true beer as one can get. I tasted my sister's Corona Light before she added lime (by the way, why the hell do you HAVE to add lime to these?) Simply horrid!

Pours flat and a remarkable shade of urine yellow. Artificial carbonation, no head, no lace... again... looks like a glassfull of piss. Smells skunky and horrid (maybe this is why you need lime). I shudder with the memory of my sip... oh make it stop! THE HORROR!!!

Disgusting, skunky, flat, no alcohol... drink perrier instead!

Original Rating Date:
June 18, 2008

I know I said that I wouldn't rate any of these bottom-of-the-barrel beers anymore, but this beer is so outrageously bad that I had to take a shot at it.

Pours watery and pale yellow. Aroma of skunk, nothing else. When it hits my mouth I'm slapped with strong carbonation, a skunky taste, very weak actual beer taste. I find myself wondering if most of the people who drink this have even even tasted a real beer. Probably not. This is basically a spoiled soft drink with alcohol content. Quite possibly the worst beer I've ever tasted in my entire life and way more expensive than other beers on this level of crappiness- this beer deserves the terrible rating. I needed a lime just to finish this beer.

I don't understand how or why people buy, let alone drink this. Corona Extra is at least understandable to me. It's a summertime thing, it can be refreshing, yadda yadda yadda. This, the Light version, horrible. It's the palest beer imaginable. It's the clearest yellow they could manage and has a light white head. It smells of nothing other than skunked beer. There's literally nothing to it. The flavor too, it's skunk light. It isn't even worthy of a lime. It's also one of the lightest, most watery beers around. It isn't drinkable whatsoever. You might as well order soda water.

This beer is like a bad dream, more expensive than Guinness and tastes worse than a bottle of warm piss. There can be no justification for drinking this crap. If you want a watered down beer, grab a Coors Light for half the price. If you want to spend $14+ on a twelve pack, grab some Sam Adams. If you need to stick a lime in your bottle to enjoy beer, hike up your panties and go grab a coke. And lastly, if for some reason unbeknownst to normal people you like drinking crappy, piss beer, at least drink crappy, AMERICAN piss beer. Go grab a 30 pack of Milwaukee's Best for $9.49, that's the American way.

First had: at some terrible bar, I'm guessing

Pours yellow-gold, thin, and fizzy, often served with a lime (I'm assuming so you can blind yourself with it and be taken to the hospital before having to drink the Corona). Smells stale; tastes of pure skunk personified and sickeningly stale/sweet. Bitter, rotten aftertaste. Avoid at all costs.

My theory on how Corona is made...many agree with me: 10000 Mexicans each drink a bottle of cheap tequila and then pee into a large vat. Then the contents of the vat are bottled up and shipped to your local dive bar!

Had this at a party over the weekend, was amazingly...rancid.

Yellow liquid in a clear bottle, no head or carbonation whatsoever.

Smell, what faint bit there is, is mashed corn.

Taste is sour corn, rough bitter alcohol finish, even with lime theres no saving grace.

Mouthfeel is flat and uncharming, no carbonation, feels like I'm drinking flat soda.

I will never drink this again. Ever. Not even if you pay me or tempt me with better. Save your money and don't fall for the stupid "party and relax!" commercials.

What's worse than a corona? Corona light. When I first saw this around a few years ago I couldn't believe it. How does one water down a corona more? A better question would be: why? If you don't load up this beer with limes, you won't be able to drink it. I certainly was not.

Light, somewhat skunky aroma. Light yellow color. Taste is really bad. Makes me wanna vomit. Hate to give a beer a bad review but I honestly don't see how anyone can enjoy this crap. Now I see why the lemon is always involved. You can't possibly make this crap taste good though.

A - pours like a soda (head fizzles away as soon as its create) but looks like urine.

S - Offensively skunky.

T - With the smell getting worse as I raised the glass to my mouth made me very hesistant to even take a sip. The taste... quite possibly the WORST beer I have ever tasted. I.. I seriously don't even know why anyone would drink this. I honesty cant even tell you what it tastes like, but I wanted to throw up after I drank it.

M - Really?... do I even have to continue wih this. It feels fizzy, thats all I can say.

D - I wish there was a none option. One sip was deadly enough for me.

Final Thougts: AVOID!!!! nuff said.

This beer is the WORST commercial light beer is America, completely imperfect, very thin, very boring, and skunked. Why would Grupo Modelo make a beer that is lighter than an already light beer. Almost worthy of a drain pour (of course I'm not going to do that).

Many reviewers are making the mistake of thinking that the makers of Corona do not know how to brew a decent bottle of beer. Not true! Most middle class and professional class Mexicans are very intelligent and cosmopolitan people who know quality when they see it. Unfortunately for us, (and fortunate for them), they also know idiots when they see them, and boy o boy, do we Americans have a lot of bubble-brained philistines (more commonly know as 20-30 year old American females) amongst us. Exhibit A, B, and C: Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, Brittany Spears. Your honor, I rest my case.

This beer’s for you, my pea-brained beauty.

Can't believe this sells so well. It's just because its served with a lime.

appearance: light yellow, to basically clear, even more clear than others

smell: slight hops to almost zero smell

taste: basically just a clear refresher

mouthfeel: watery adn very high carbonation

drinkability: I guess it good be good for long beach days

Poured into pilsener glass, had it about a year ago but wrote down my thoughts.

Appearance: Very clear yellow, some carbonation bubbles and a very weak head. No lacing.

Smell: It is very faint and very dry, but it can be detected. I am not very good at analyzing the characteristics of such a light beers aroma so I will stay away from any specific ingredients. I will say however that there is no hop aroma at all, and perhaps the main characteristics are a blend of over processed flavors from the malt.

Taste: Also very dry like the aroma, but more about the beer can be picked up in the taste. Although it is more noticeable, I will refrain from stating any individual ingredients I sense still, they are very well blended together. I am quite amazed how much this does not taste like beer, there is very little in the way of detectable features that would suggest that it is.

Mouthfeel: It is well carbonated, and that does a pretty good job of masking and flavors that are there. After a few of these, it is almost like drinking carbonated water.

Overall: This is not a beer, I refuse to acknowledge this being classified as a beer. That is not to say that it does not have an appeal, I can see why it is so popular. There is nothing off putting about its taste, and it is quite refreshing on a hot day, especially with a lime wedge. But after really analyzing the taste, I can not acknowledge this beverage being a beer, it has less than the bear essentials for being classified as such. Therefore I refuse to give it anything above the minimum score.

Presentation: clear generic bottle

Appearance: urine-colored liquid, no head, no lacing

Smell: wet cardboard

Taste: WATER, no body, no mouthfeel, NO NOTHING

Notes: Honestly, I don't know why I decided to try and review this beer. First I thought, just for kicks, it can't be that bad (from all reviews I read), but this BREW really pissed me off.

Holy %$#@*!!! I had just suffered through a Silver Bullet at a low budget party and thought the only thing worse was a Mick Ultra. When the bullets were gone the Corona Light was unleashed. Dear God! No wonder the Mexicans are flocking to America. Can anyone tell me what the hell is in those bottles. Carbonated urine? No quality control at the Corona brewery. That's because there's no quality anything in a Corona Light to begin with. There is no hint of beer at all. It just tastes like fizzy polluted water. And why Light? A regular Corona already tastes like piss. This is one really shitty brew that doesn't even deserve this review. It's awful.

Socal checking in. Everyone here drinks this. It's always everywhere and even on a hot sweltering day it is not refreshing. I have had many nights drinking coronas with my Mexican amigos and let me tell you this. It is the worst beer. Worse than a chilada and a chilada is fucking nasty.

This abomination is an insult to the brewing industry and those who support it.
A flavorless aqueous solution of millet and assorted birdfeed by-products leaves any beer aficionado wanting for more - much more..
The profit margin on this product is tremendous as the costs of the ingredients are virtually non-existent. Add the fact that they ship and sell oceans of this swill to a passive American public and you are looking at an impressive bottom line.
Forget investing in Exxon-Mobil or IBM… drop your long-term cash in Gambrinus imports.
This brewer is keeping the lime growers in business!

I ordered Corona Extra beer in a Mexican restaurant. When i tasted it i told the waiter that a mistake has been made and that i din't ask for tequilla but Corona Beer.

A month ago i saw Corona light and knowing that the "light" beers are always worst than the "original" beers i hesitated to taste it. Finally when i tasted it i was quite satisfied due to the fact that now i'll know what beer to vote for the "worst beer in the world" title.

Corona Light from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.