Corona Light - Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

Corona LightCorona Light

awful

awful

Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V. visit their website
Mexico

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-17-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Corona Light Alström Bros

I ask you, Grupo Modelo, why? Why brew an even weaker version of your famous beer? Less flavor, less aroma, less alcohol. Pours nearly clear. There is no aroma, as all I smell is minerals, which I attribute to the bottle. The taste is a travesty of stale water. This beer sucks.

This was my step dad's go to beer many moons ago when I was growing up, more so Extra than Light but Corona was his quality beer. Budweiser was his regular offering, btw. Again light pale golden clear bodied lager, low in alcohol. No lime wedge squeezed and shoved down the neck of the bottle for me. A good old fashioned pour into a fluted pils glass. Very pale yellow, quickly fleeting white head really no lace is left behind. Sorry looking beer, let's go for a few sniffs...cooked veggies/corn/rice with a solvent green/skunked/grassiness. Wow, this is the worst fuckin' beer I've ever tasted, it's got off flavors coming at the palate from every direction. I though cold temp would make this beer more suitable, this is unbearable. At first sip it was terrible, second sip no better not as rough. The off flavors begin to actually justify themselves and if served cold enough without a lime you may be able to drink the whole bottle. I'm starting to get a headache half way through, and I have drank mass produced swill beer my whole life, wtf? My head is now tingling like a just huffed on chemicals. This beer tastes wrotten with skunked/strong carbonation cooked vegetables not much sweetness or fruitiness pretty clean finish. Mouthfeel is watery/carbonation is crazy high like I just dropped an alka seltzer in it. Drinkability overall is a never again verdict, I will never dance with this devil again.

What kind of anorexic, psychopath thought up this beer? Why would a beer that is so lacking in body, taste, and quality put out a LIGHT beer: the original beer is a light beer. This “beer” is an insult to water, and a waste of corn. Terrible, twice terrible. Hell, you have to add a lime to it just to make it awful; “as with all in this line of” panther piss. If you catch me with one of these again, please take me out of my misery: maybe a fan of this beer can make me a lethal cocktail of Henie and Lowenbrau.

Corona Light from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.