Corona Light - Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

Corona LightCorona Light

awful

awful

Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V. visit their website
Mexico

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-17-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Corona Light Alström Bros
2.23/5  rDev +16.8%

A: Pale yellow, not much head or lacing. Unimpressive.

S: Bad, light stricken, can't really make out any hops or malt. Corona Extra, which doesn't smell like much is even way ahead of this.

T: Bad, even with the lime.

M: Watery, highly carbonated, dry.

O: It would be easy to drink being as it's so thin, but I can't get past the taste.

A shame of a beer at $30 a case.

bundy462, May 23, 2010
1.63/5  rDev -14.7%
look: 1 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Looks like urine after wrestling practice or cutting weight/sweating. Smell is similar as well.

Taste, well, I've had worse stuff on a summer day around the pool. One of the rare occasions the lime w/ beer tastes better than the 'beer'.
Really doesn't taste like beer. No excuse to drink this unless it is over 85 degrees.

Beerandraiderfan, May 19, 2010
1.63/5  rDev -14.7%

330ml bottle poured into pint glass may19 2010

A pretty pale straw yellow with no head and a pop like fizzle

S skunky corny grains that's rather unpleasant

T there's less going on here and that may be a good thing, but the skunk is hard to miss it would be better off bland

M watery but fizzy

D hard to drink a beer that's skunked

and I thought Corona was a light beer all ready, no mater where you find yourself you will have better options then this

wordemupg, May 19, 2010
2.35/5  rDev +23%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

Appearance: Flat and pale. Nothing attractive at all with this beer.

Smell: Skunked and sour. Corn or some other cereal grain.

Taste/Mouthfeel: Again, skunked. Very bitter as well. Kind of rought to finish.

Drinkability: Basically like water so this part's ok.

Overall: Corona Extra is better.

tjsdomer2, May 03, 2010
3.25/5  rDev +70.2%

Please see my review for Corona Extra, because these beers are almost identical. Which is a good thing for people watching their waist. I wish more beers could make a light edition this close to their flagship. Actually, I wish soda companies could do that, because Diet Coke is just gross. But the bottom line is, Corona is not a great beer, but they are perfect for that nice sunny day.

kneeland, Apr 01, 2010
2.55/5  rDev +33.5%

Very clear in appearance not impressed at all. The sell is skunk with a little malt. The taste is bout the same. I would defintely not run out to buy this beer if it hadn't been free I would have wasted my money trying it. The mouthfeel is thin and wispy though it has a very nice drinkability because it does go down rather smooth. It is surley not something I would rave about!!

kdawg105, Mar 26, 2010
1.13/5  rDev -40.8%

A- The only thing clearer than a Corona...is a Corona Light. Like water with a squeeze of lemon juice mixed in. Pale pale pale. Barely any head poured to begin with, and what did appear quickly fled. Lots of visible carbonation. Boring looking.

S- Phew, skunk. It hasn't turned thankfully, (how thankful, though, really?) but this is a sour odor. Blech.

T- Oh gross. Stinging sour hops erupt, before fading to flavorless water. Horiffic.

M- Seltzer water feel and attitude. Krusty the Klown beer.

D- None. Period.

SamN, Mar 19, 2010
1.05/5  rDev -45%

Pours a light yellow color, nice carbonation, small white head, with some sticky lacing left behind. The nose is malty, with some hops, slight caramel. The taste is slightly sweet, malty, slight hop note. Light body. Not drinkable, would not buy again.

Wasatch, Mar 16, 2010
2.63/5  rDev +37.7%

I like this beer a lot actually, despite giving it a low rating. It delivers on refreshment, espically in the summer. I like it with a lime, and appreciate it's low calorie and alcohol content. I can throw a few of these back without much thought, but definitely suggest having them with lime.

alysmith4, Mar 05, 2010

What criteria are used to determine if a liquid is in fact a 'beer'? This pathetic excuse for beer is certainly as far from true beer as one can get. I tasted my sister's Corona Light before she added lime (by the way, why the hell do you HAVE to add lime to these?) Simply horrid!

Pours flat and a remarkable shade of urine yellow. Artificial carbonation, no head, no lace... again... looks like a glassfull of piss. Smells skunky and horrid (maybe this is why you need lime). I shudder with the memory of my sip... oh make it stop! THE HORROR!!!

Disgusting, skunky, flat, no alcohol... drink perrier instead!

cbarrett4, Feb 21, 2010
1.8/5  rDev -5.8%

I'm drunk...so I decided to pour a Corona Light that my parents have into a pint glass. The beer is literally "SEE THROUGH" with no cloudiness. I could honestly drive my motor vehicle with a Corona Light windshield and probably see better than I do now. This beer could possibly have an eye prescription body to it. Tastes like it needs lime... I gave this a 5.0 for drinkability because I could drink these all night without thinking ugly girls are beautiful.

DovaliHops, Feb 20, 2010
1.1/5  rDev -42.4%

Poured from a 12oz can into a US tumbler pint glass.

A: The beer is a very light yellow color nearly see-through, with almost no head and no lace on the glass.

S: The aroma is of corn, adjuncts, very light malts and almost no hops.

T: The taste has only a little bit of flavor from the adjunct and light malt sweetness and even that isn't very strong. Any hops used in brewing this beer are undetectable not there's nothing else to this beer at all.

M: Watery, very light body, high carbonation, finish is clean (pretty much the only compliment I can give this beer).

D: Not flavorful at all, goes down easily because it's so light, not filling at all, extremely mild kick, even within a lackluster style this beer falls very short and is just not good unless you want to drink a beer that has almost no chance to get you drunk.

TheManiacalOne, Jan 10, 2010
1.53/5  rDev -19.9%

Pours a very pale gold with a big fizzy white head. Head falls to a almost nothing. Very thin lace.

Adjunct grains and corn aroma. Skunky.

Typical adjunct lager taste. A bit tangy and a but skunky.

Thin and fizzy mouthfeel.

Okay, I'll admit I can drink a Corona anytime, from the bottle and with a lime. Never really had the light before but am not impressed (not that I thought I would be). I just can't drink this. Not good.

dstc, Jan 03, 2010
1.02/5  rDev -46.6%

bomber of the stuff, with a lime in it.

is this beer? really? this is lacking is everything except carbonation and coldness. the only thing i like about this is the lime in the bottle. at least the lime has some colour to it. the smell is non existent and the clear bottles surely do not help preserve any hops that could have been put in.

erz316, Jan 01, 2010
1.93/5  rDev +1%

Poured from 12oz bottle into a pint glass. I wouldn't normally buy this beer, but I got it in a mixed beer box and I'm willing to give anything a try. Here goes ...

Appearance: extremely light straw color with virtually no head and no lacing. It's not good, but it's hardly worse than most beers of this style.

Smell: sweet, but not cloying; a little grain, a little skunk. Unimpressive, but I've had a lot worse.

Taste: not good at all, but mostly inoffensive. Slightly grainy, extremely watery. It's hard for something this much like water to rate as genuinely offensive.

Mouthfeel: very light body with a fair amount of carbonation. Nothing exciting here.

Drinkability: I tried to be fair above -- this is certainly not a good beer, but it's also not the nightmare that its score suggests. That said, I don't see myself ever drinking this again; almost anything else would be a better choice even on a hot day, this beer's preferred setting.

flagmantho, Dec 29, 2009
2.25/5  rDev +17.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

Poured from a 12 oz clear bottle.

Pours a very clear straw yellow color. Not much head to it.

This one had a very skunky smell due to the clear bottle, with some grainy aromas coming through. Some corn and maybe rice.

The taste was pretty bland. A bit of skunk in the taste, but also had a sort of grainy grassy taste with some corn flavor. Not much bitterness, but it was there. Mouthfeel was a bit rough, like sandpaper, hard to explain, it just felt weird. Overall not that good, mainly due to the skunkiness.

I had this free at a family Christmas party, but not something I would buy myself.

NHGrafx, Dec 25, 2009
1.85/5  rDev -3.1%

Does this beer really need to exist? Isn't Corona light enough? I recently was wrestling with this question and I wondered if I could even tell them apart. After a blind taste test I could, but neither beer are special or decent.

Poured from a bottle into a standard pint glass. No salt, Lucas, or citrus added, just the naked beer. Beer is light yellow and completely clear. No head or lacing to speak of, moderate to high carbonation made up of medium to large bubbles.

Almost no aroma. Some grains, maybe.

Gross. This beer really bothers me. It is worse than Corona Extra, that much I know from a side by side, but this beer has a terrible grainy flavor and has the consistency of water. Never again.

drabmuh, Dec 18, 2009
1.8/5  rDev -5.8%

Corona's watered down cousin. They call it pi$$ water and that is basically how it smells. This is one of the ones the colder it is the better to numb your tongue. I can stand them on a boiling hot day, other than that I would rather drink almost anything. It's one of the beers i started drinking with but now it is just blech at best.

Kelp, Dec 18, 2009
2.95/5  rDev +54.5%

I drank this from the bottle many a nights when I thought this was a craft beer, but now I review in Puerto Vallarta when this is the only beer to drink.

It pours a super clear light gold with hardly any head or lacing.

The aroma is light hops and slight skunkiness.

The taste is the same. Its light but highly drinkable. Nothing special here at all. But in Mexico, do Mexico.

This is worse than the corona extra.

jrallen34, Nov 24, 2009
1.88/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

Just thinking about this beer makes me have to urinate. Be right back...

OK, so the one thing this beer has going for it is that it does bring to play the question of, if one adds something to the beer that changes the taste component (in this case, a lime wedge), does that factor into the ratings? I personally don't think so. The beer should stand on its own. That being said, if I was to neglect that statement, my rating would be much higher, in the above-average range for a light lager.

This beer is a light yellow with a very thin, glass-clinging head, no discernible smell, body, or finish. Immensely thin, there is a beer component to it in that it does have a sharp, crisp finish, despite the lack of the malt body. It is also relatively balanced, also despite the lack of body.

TLove, Nov 13, 2009
1.78/5  rDev -6.8%

A pale yellow liquid with a small amount of fizz describes it well.

Smell is of stale cereal grains and a whiff of husk.

Taste is bland, like heavy tap water. Gritty grain character and astringent bitterness from the hop. This is not a fine, or even good beer. Corn water. Without notice I shove a lime wedge in. Now it tastes like a lime beer and in this case its better that way.

Mouthfeel is watery with some stinging carbonation. Piss cola anyone?

I will accept just about any beer for free. This one pushes the envelope.

Stinkypuss, Sep 08, 2009
1.55/5  rDev -18.8%

Quite possibly the worst beer in creation, except for -- perhaps -- Heineken Light.

Didn't bother pouring this one -- I could see the uninviting pale piss-yellow color right through the clear glass bottle. Some carbonation activated when I shoved in a bunch of lime slices later on to make it marginally palatable. Really looks like a toilet bowl after you've just had a beer piss.

Not much smell -- kind of a sickly cornflaky sweetness with slight skunkiness (came from a case at a party with the aforementioned Heineken Light as the only other option, so it wasn't lightstruck).

No real taste to speak of. Very faint, adjuncty taste. Could not detect any hops whatsoever. No barley flavor. Really just tasted like fizzy carbonated water with dust from the bottom of an empty box of corn flakes stirred in. A lime made it very moderately more palatable.

Mouthfeel was fizzy bordering on flat. No real snap. No body whatsoever.

Very drinkable because, essentially, it has no taste. But really, what's the point? Water is drinkable too, has fewer calories and will give you just about as much of a buzz.

Much worse than your typical macro lager piss beer.

eberkman, Aug 30, 2009
1.33/5  rDev -30.4%

Piss in a bottle. The ultimate beer for family reunions I guess. Make that confused people at Irish family reunions. (I'm Irish, so no offense intended) Take my advice and squeeze at least 3 limes into this beer.

If you can call it beer. Tastes more like sawdust mixed with tonic water.

Beerislife652854, Aug 23, 2009
1.05/5  rDev -45%

Poured from a 12 oz. clear bottle into a pint glass.

I'm trying to be as open minded as possible. I want to be as honest and not just bash this beer.

Pours a golden straw/yellow color. The look is of a diet ginger ale. Extremely fizzy with a this bubbly head that disappears quickly.

Smell is funky and skunky. Corn,grain and alcohol.

Taste is really bad. I'm not bashing i'm just being honest. I don't know how people drink this. Corn and rubbing alcohol and something is just way off about it.

Mouthfeel is light and watery.

If you like light lagers i guess you would like this but i just can't stomach it.

BigMike, Aug 03, 2009
3.08/5  rDev +61.3%

It has a darker golden color as opposed to most in the category with a one finger head. The smell is of corn and is weak, more of an alcohol smell. The taste is more flavorful than most beers in this category, the taste is of grain and some malt. Nothing complex or exciting though. The mouthfeel is a little rough, a little overly carbonated. You good drink a couple of these but no more, better than the average light beer but no a great beer.

goblue3509, Jul 28, 2009
Corona Light from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.