Corona Light - Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

Corona LightCorona Light

awful

awful

Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V. visit their website
Mexico

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-17-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Corona Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 366 | Hads: 1,778
1.26/5  rDev -30.8%

Pours a fair clear yellow, looks like a corona.

Smell is skunk and grain, Clear bottles suck.

Taste is skunk seltzer water. It isn’t quite as bad as Michelob Ultra however.

Mouthfeel is carbonated water.

Not drinkable by a longshot, a definite pour and brush my teeth beer. (286 characters)

1.05/5  rDev -42.3%

I've been avoiding this beer for years . . . but I was in the hottub, and this was what was in the cooler. Bottled in a clear bottle, so that you can appreciate how nearly colorless this beer is. Aroma and flavor - corn malt and skunk. Adding a wedge of lime resulted in limey skunk, perhaps a slight improvement. Momma always said "if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all." So here goes: it makes regular Corona look good. (447 characters)

1.3/5  rDev -28.6%

This is hands down the worst beer I have ever laid my hands on. Almost pours watery with hints of yellow. Is this water mixed with lime, no that would be to good. The smell is of slight skunk and nothing else present. Taste is downright awful, water is better than this, and water is flavorless. Feels of course dull and flat in the mouth. Drinkable if you like water, but even then just drink water. How this is even on the market is amazing to me, Corona is ten times better than the light version, but that in itself isn't to impressive as Corona is below average as well. (575 characters)

1.67/5  rDev -8.2%

Well, what's to say?

Headless, odourless, tasteless.

No. That's not quite right. That would be water and it's good.

Not actively horrible, but not much point to it either. How the heck did I end up drinking this anyway? Be careful who you hang out with, I guess. (271 characters)

1.3/5  rDev -28.6%

This is a joke. Had one of these a few weeks ago just to prove a point to someone. This is by far the lamest excuse for beer I have ever had in my life. Regular Corona is a joke in itself, but this is not even right. Ths beer has nothing to speak of...NOTHING. No flavor, no color, no redeeming qualities whatsoever. $25 per case for this? I'll piss in your cup for free, and you may taste some actual beer in that. Do not drink this ever. (439 characters)

1.28/5  rDev -29.7%

Had the unfortunate displeasure of sampling this one the other day, wow this is gross!
It has more or less the same quality of corona extra, but with a definite hole in the flavor like the forgot one thing. Not like most lite beers witch taste like watered down versions of themselves. this beer was definitely missing some key thing what was it I cant really put my finger on it maybe I will never know!! (406 characters)

1.15/5  rDev -36.8%

Had this at the same party as had the Corona for my Corona review. I figured why not go all the way down to the dregs.. well i did. Corona Light is to Corona as tang is to orange juice. How this is even made is beyond me.. The colour is actually a little lighter than the beyond pale corona. The smell some how manages to include, metal, rotting vegetables, sulfer, and chemical cleanser. Yummy. The taste is blech!!!! Watery, with an aftertaste that makes you want to scrap your tongue. Maybe they eat such hot peppers in Mexico to numb the tongue for this stuff. The mouthfeel is nasty and the drinkablity is half a bottle, I had to do a Tequila shot just to rid my mouth of the taste. It is amazing to me that this beer and its brother Corona. Are the Number ONE selling imports in America..A store i go to sells 250 cases yes cases every 2 weeks. If Shaefer is the beer to have when you are having more than one, this stuff is the beer to have if you want less than one. (974 characters)

1.1/5  rDev -39.6%

I feel as if I should laugh while drinking this. "Hahahahahaha! They call this beer? Hahahahahahaha! This is not beer." Pretty much, Corona Extra with 80 gallons more water added in the mash. Pale, pale yellow colour with a few bubbles. By a few bubbles, I mean 27. Yes, I counted. This is the closest thing I got for a head with this nonbeer beer. No smell. Unless you consider water a scent. Then it has a Lake Ontario smell. Very watery, with pollution. No taste. At least the Extra had taste, though it was a skunked taste. This has nothing. Tap water mouthfeel. Drinkable like water. I actually gave it higher points than the Extra. I had one bottle that wasn't skunked, and that's what I used to rate. Since the bottle wasn't skunked, I could actually drink it!!! But that was luck. I got a good(relatively speaking) bottle and that's what I used to rate. If that bottle was like the rest, the score would be a straight one. (930 characters)

2.33/5  rDev +28%

My dad brought two of these over, can't say I know why. I didn't notice any skunkiness, that's probably a good sign. The lightest light beer I've seen, a little sweet. I wish I could try this with a lime, maybe that would make it even better. A little expensive, but better tasting than it's cheaper light beer counterparts. (324 characters)

1.16/5  rDev -36.3%

A fizzy very light fizzy beer. No head. Aroma is slightly skunky malts. Very light flavor, there is a very very slight maltyness. No noticeable hops. But even thought it has little or no flavor, at least what is there is not offensive. Sort of like water with some malts and alcohol. About all one can say. Mouthfeel is thin. Finish is neutral. Aftertaste is very slightly bitter. Also pissed that this stuff cost some larrge frelling $$. (438 characters)

1.67/5  rDev -8.2%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

This beer poured a small white head with a crystal clear orange/yellow/gold body.

The nose, which was almost non existant, smelled mainly of rice, cereal, some slight fruit and little bit of skunk.

The taste was... well... there wasn't much. Little to no flavor at all. A very light body. Slight, slight bitterness. A little sour. Some light corn, rice and cereal flavors. Very finely carbonated. A faint hop earthyness sat in the background, although it might have just been the skunky flavor. Actually the best way to describe the taste is it's like drinking san pelegrino water with a touch of alcohol and cereal.

It finished with a lingering mellow bitterness.

Despite the fact it's like drinking water, it's actually not too bad. There aren't really any off flavors that make this beer a turn off. It just doesn't have any flavor. Toss a lime in it, kick back on a beach and this could be a nice thirst quenching substitute to water. (950 characters)

1.2/5  rDev -34.1%

Yuck! This "beer" is so thin I find it hard to call it a beer. The color is so light you can read a book through it. The aroma reminds me of nothing: it is nothing. Suprisingly, even less taste than Corona. I can't believe that I had this at a friends house who thought he was buying good beer. Ah, the power of advertising! (324 characters)

1.33/5  rDev -26.9%

Bottle. As much as I had heard about this beer I was absolutely not impressed with it at all. I am not sure what all the hype is when it comes to this beer. It had an aftertaste to it that I did not enjoy and it definitely lingered for quite some time. It was watery and fizzy. For me, this definitely was not an enjoyable drink. (329 characters)

1.19/5  rDev -34.6%

How can they have a Corona LIGHT? Isn't Corono Extra weak enough. I think they used sewer water from Mexico to make this beer. Has a corn smell and taste to it. Sick! A lime definitely needs to be added to mask these horrible flavors. It still doesn't taste tolerable, even with the lime. Life is too short to drink crap like this. (331 characters)

1.53/5  rDev -15.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This is one beer that makes Corona Extra seems almost acceptable. Corona Light is brewed in Mexico exclusively for the American market, the thought of which just makes me shake my head. This is in no way a good beer, and I can find little to say about it in a positive manner.

Corona Light pours a light gold color with a very thin foam head (less than a pinky's worth), which fizzes out into oblivion. The smell had maybe a hint of skunk in it, but skunky or not this stuff still smells bad. An unclean musty/swampy adjunct smell is here in full force with some corn noticeable. The mouthfeel is similar to Corona Extra: very fizzy and seltzer-like. The initial taste is slightly sweet with mild corn/adjunct flavors with some of the aforementioned mustiness being in the flavor. Very watery and near flavorless elsewhere on the palette. A wet paper taste makes its way through in an unpleasant fashion. Some mild hop bitterness in the finish. The paper taste seems to give the beer a further harsh and astringent bitterness. The aftertaste is weak with just a mild continuation of the foul bitterness and some corn. This beer has no alcoholic warmth, but after two of these (yes I managed to drink two: one with and one without lime) I had a slight headache. For such a weak beer, I would have to lay the blame on some impurities in this beer or maybe just the general nastiness of it.

The lime makes this beer slightly more drinkable, but it does less for this beer than it does Corona Extra, for some reason. It's scary that this beer can make Extra look somewhat good. All I can say is: stay away. (1,608 characters)

1.55/5  rDev -14.8%

corona light. LIGHT? is this really necessary? is corona extra really too heavy a beer? this is beer is honestly the closest thing that i have tasted to water that is not the actual thing. pours an ever so light piss yellow. no head. no smell. no real flavour unless you dump a lime in there. sadly, because there are no real characteristics to this brew, the drinkability rating goes up as it truly is like drinking water. (423 characters)

1.6/5  rDev -12.1%

Well, I have to say that I have never really been impressed with Mexican beers. There are a couple that are "okay", but this one doesn't even make that list.

Served in a clear glass 12 oz. bottle, this beer pours light piss yellow in color. Smells like a skunked beer. Taste like a skunked beer. Hum, must be a skunked beer. I don't like and don't really want to have. I wish my girlfriend didn't like it. (409 characters)

1.5/5  rDev -17.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

First off let me state that I did not buy this beer. A friend of mine who is in college came down with some friends of his who had a twelve pack of this uh "beer". They left one in the fridge which remained pushed in the back until one evening we figured "what the hell" let's review it-damned sure noone is going to drink it otherwise. What a mistake. It pours a clear light yellow with a bubbly quickly dissipating head. The smell is sort of spicy and sickenly sweet. The taste is a slight sweetness fading to a brief soapy bitterness. This beer actually has very little flavor but what flavor there is isn't good. Absolutely frightening to me what marketing can accomplish in this country-for God's sake there are some good micros available at this same price.
I would have rated this lower but there is a beer I have had that is actually worse but I paid half as much for it as this costs. (895 characters)

1.88/5  rDev +3.3%

This product is just not acceptable..from the first pour the only thing that greets you is the skunky odour pulsating from a light golden, headless and very thin body. If apple juice was carbonated, this would be it except the aj would taste better.
The taste of this corona light is just plain flat.
The only thing I like about this review is the glass that I am drinking it out of. (385 characters)

1.65/5  rDev -9.3%

Pours a pale golden color with minimal head. Soon after the pour, there is no visible signs of carbonation outide of the few rather large bubbles on the bottom of the glass. The aroma is a bit of corn with a wisp of alcohol and some fresh-mown grass notes. The taste is light and grainy, with a touch of salt. Finish is a hint of bitterness inside a metallic note. The aftertatse is almost non-existent. the mouthfeel is very thin and watery, yet hearsh from the large bubbles of carbonation. The drinkability is poor, as it doesn't taste great and it is pretty harsh on the tongue. Uh, thanks for this one Bill. (612 characters)

1.25/5  rDev -31.3%

Pours a clear straw golden color with a small white head that quickly and utterly vanishes, no lace to speak of, lots of spritzy carbonation. Aroma of sweet corn as well as some skunkiness, no doubt due to the clear glass bottle. Taste begins with sharp, stinging carbonation of the sort found in seltzer water, followed by weak sour malt, finishes very dry and with a metallic hop bitterness. Mouthfeel is coarse and somewhat harsh. This is not a beer that I plan on having again. Caveat emptor. (496 characters)

I tried this with hesitation, and after tasting it, the hesitation was justified. Poured like yellow water. The taste is watered down and weak. What taste is there is just bad. There is a lingering aftertaste. I won't touch this again even if it's free. (253 characters)

What's worse than a corona? Corona light. When I first saw this around a few years ago I couldn't believe it. How does one water down a corona more? A better question would be: why? If you don't load up this beer with limes, you won't be able to drink it. I certainly was not. (276 characters)

1.45/5  rDev -20.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

A clear, light yellow light lager with a small, bubbly, quickly dissipating head. The smell has a slight sweetness to it. The smell somehow reminds me of something from my childhood, I can't quite place it though. The taste is slightly sweet with a sour/bitter finish. Overall, I've had worse...not much though.

I am repeatedly surprised at the price of this beer (in my opinion overpriced) and that people pay it. Somehow the marketing of this beer and its non-light version has been quite successful at portraying an image. As for the lime, its purpose (other than keeping flies out of your beer), in my opinion is to either add a decent flavor or cover-up a bad one, I haven't quite decided which one...maybe its both. Incidently, I had my Corona Light sans lime.

(source: A friend of a friend left at our house.) (824 characters)

1.85/5  rDev +1.6%

Appearance: Pours a clear, bright, straw/golden color with very little patches of white lace. On the nose the aroma of light sweetness and grain. On the palate the flavors consisted of light grainy husky flavors, light mild bitterness and on a good note it was crisp and quenches your thirst. Light bodied and mouthfeel is dry and slightly tingly. Really just not interesting at all, and usually skunked. This was sadly a left-over in my fridge that someone had brought over. (475 characters)

Corona Light from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.