Pacífico - Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V. visit their website

American Adjunct Lager |  4.50% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 04-02-2002

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Pacífico Alström Bros
Reviews: 489 | Hads: 1,759
4.97/5  rDev +88.3%

More flavor than any comparable Mexican beer. No skunk taste like Corona. This beer is what you take to a party. A lime goes a long way with this beer and makes it even smoother. Perfect golden color, pours smoothly. Not bitter at all. Even on draft and cans this is the mexican beer for everyone.

4.75/5  rDev +79.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

After throwing down quads and other dark Belgians all winter and spring and steady intermingling cases of ayinger Oktoberfest in-between, I have to throw on my Costas and Sperrys and unwind with the finest damn island hoppin beer of all time.. No not you, corona.
I can not be hater here. This is a very good Meixcan beer. This beer is godd with pizza , mexican food or any spice foods. It is close second to Corona Extra!

Apperance- Golden with a fizzy white head an a minimal lacing. Like a adjunct lager.

Smell- Some grains,corn, and hops.

Taste- Hasa light flavor, clean flavor with some after taste. I t was very good good balance and mild mild bitterness on the back end whic i did not care for.

Mouthful-Carbonation that doesn't fade and moderate dryness.

Overall- This is a Great beer for the Summer! It rrank high beer compared to others in its class, Pacifico is head and shoulder above the rest.. I will be drank this beer for the summer and many summers to come! Thank you Grupo Modelo in makeing another great beer!

4.61/5  rDev +74.6%

You guys are ridiculous, this is absolutely the best mexican beer in existence. The smell reminds of the mexican breeze. This beer has the true flavor of a mexican beer. If you dont like mexican beers then dont drink it and dont complain. Maybe the reason none of ustedes like it is because none of you guys have any taste buds. Viva Mexico, Viva Pacifico.

4.5/5  rDev +70.5%

AGAIN; Dark beer lovers should refrain from rating a light or medium lager brewed in the Americas, or anywhere for that matter. If ones pallet is partial toward sharp cheddars, why would he/she flap-off about a muenster or provolone'... something they wouldn't normally consume? PACIFICO is, per my experience, one of the two best light lagers brewed in Mexico, ( Victoria being slightly crisper in my opinion. ). Lagers/Pilsners are not known for having heavy bouquets as they SHOULD not! PACIFICO has an enjoyable but not overpowering flavor, therefor it mixes indominantly with many different meals. Pacifico also delivers a creeping, delightful wallop that should be languished in - not used as an appetizer for a hard booze finish. ( the Mexican VICTORIA has a slightly better flavor in my opinion )

4.34/5  rDev +64.4%

A- I cringe at the fact that I'm even pouring this is a glass that doesn't already contain V8, lime, and hot sauce because all other things aside, pacifico makes the best michelada (the only acceptable beer cocktail). In a pilsner glass it's clear light golden with a short fizzy white head and minimal lacing. No better or worse than any adjunct lager. In a bottle, it's brown with a happy yellow label and preferably dripping with little chunks of ice. Sometimes it wears an outer banks neoprene zip up pirate suit.

S- pale grains, maybe some corn, and a minute bit of grassy and floral hops. Miles away from the clear bottled corona and modelo, there's no skunk or off flavor, no tecate blandness, and almost as close to a pilsner as Bohemia. For what I want out of this beer, it is indeed good.

T- light flavor, clean flavor, better flavor. Among its peers it's at the head of the class. Once again not skunked, pleasant mild bitterness on the back end balances out the barely sweet grain flavor. No lime necessary.

MF- take that drinkable corona feeling and make it a hundred times better. Completely refreshing and thirst quenching with carbonation that doesn't fade out. Perfect moderate dryness.

D- I can't be a hater here. It might be a shitty beer compared to other styles but when you consider the class it's in, pacifico is the star. This year and probably for many years to follow, I'll be putting aside the clear bottles and gettin down with that golden anchor volcanic island lifesaver adorned with malt and hops. Give clara a chance. Not after labor day though..

4.29/5  rDev +62.5%

Look: Yellow crystal color, two fingers of foam that disappears very soon;

S: Soft, a mix of fresh malt with corn, remember me the sea i don't know why;

T: Corn mixed with sweet malt, some slightly spicy hops at the end;

M: Extra crisp and refreshing, medium bitterness, medium body and high carbonation;

D: The best beer to drink with sea food.

4.24/5  rDev +60.6%

Screw it, I admit: I love Pacifico. Could it be gross sentimentality? Maybe. Could it be wanton self-styled rebelliousness, my beer of choice when thumbing my nose at the beer snobs? Perhaps. Or, maybe, just maybe, this is a really satisfying drink. Goes down like water, without being watery, perfectly carb'd, this is the absolute epitome of a beer that demands another sip, the bottle gone in what feels like seconds. It's got a faint hint of corn in the nose, or maybe it's psychosomatic, too many evenings of chips and salsa at the local taco joint having embedded in my brain that harmonious combo of warm corn torilla chips and cold Pacifico (same goes for what I swear is a hint of lime in there too). It's malty, it's entirely inoffensive, it's not skunked, save for perhaps a whiff of it in the nose, but which, sentimental or not, I kind of like. It's weird to rate a beer like this so high, but the stark reality is that I'd rather drink it than most of the beers I'd rate below it. That alone justifies the score in my book. Salud!

4.24/5  rDev +60.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Pacífico brewed by Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V. , with an ABV of 4.50% This brew pours out a nice amber color with a nice white head. It has the look of most lager brews on the market. The smell is skunky with grains and malts. You pick up a hit of hops in the smell of this brew. The taste is bold with flavor. You pick up on grains, malts, and a hit of hops in the taste of this brew. The mouthfeel is smooth and rich with flavor. I like how this brew goes down smooth. There is nothing overpowering in this brew, it has a nice balance to it Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V., did a nice job with this brew. I would buy this brew again.

4.23/5  rDev +60.2%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I'm sure glad I tried this before reading these reviews. I live in the Bahamas and with summer coming, this is a most wonderful brew to have around. It's light, rich mouthfeel is followed by sweet corn and a bit of ocean spray. This is my favorite Mexican beer so far and reminds me of the kind of brew the majors should be making. Put me on a boat, catching mahi, with a few of these in the cooler, heaven.

4.15/5  rDev +57.2%

Perhaps the new distribution of this beer has been a goal for the brewery. A lot of people like it in sunny days, it is very drinkable and won't get you durnk so easy. The colour is pale yellow, the one for a lager here. BUt the closest you are to the city were it is brewed the best it tastes.

4.04/5  rDev +53%

I've been a fan of Pacifico Clara for a long time. It is probably one of my favorite beers if you particpating in a session. It has no real signature taste. It's easy to drink though. I'm also partial to mexican beers. It has no impressive color. The taste is arguablly not that great. You can dink many of these and not be tired of them. I recommend this for any person that just wants to drink not too seriosly and wants to have fun.

Pacifico has a very thin, quickly-vanishing head, and a crystal-clear golden appearance. Carbonation is moderate. The aroma is a typical beer smell, with a tad higher-than-average barley note. Taste is good, with grain predominating and a nice hop spice. Mouth-feel is light and watery, and Pacifico finishes crisp, satisfying, and fairly dry. Overall, I liked this and would certainly have it again.

3.97/5  rDev +50.4%

An exceptional mexican pilsner beer; made only regionally at the beginning of twenty century in the sinaloa´s area, before was commercialized in all the country; this beer is special for the sushi, fish and seafood; smell and taste with a touch of hops, appearance like a classic pilsener with a fragant and fritty aroma. 99%recommended.

3.92/5  rDev +48.5%

On December 19, 2014, a young man by the name of Gabriel Medina became the first South American man to be the world surfing champion. When he won, a swarm of tanned legs and Brazilian flags stormed the Hawaiian beach. They picked up Medina. It was a great celebration. Almost anyone anywhere in the world with a computer or smart phone could have watched this happen live from the Bonzai Pipeline in Hawaii.

This company sponsors the World Surf League making it possible for these events to be available live. You can watch it all live, and videos of all the heats are available on youtube. Even the women's competition has full coverage. The sponsorship of Pacifico Cerveza helps to make this possible.

I love surfing so when I saw this on the shelf in the supermarket the other day I picked it up. The first thing you notice is the color. It has a clear rich golden color like the sands of Ipanama. When you pour it out, it develops a very decent white head. It's a thing of beauty. It's not heavy, and it doesn't have a strong taste, and it's not going to fill you up. With only a 4.5% alcohol level you can drink plenty of these on a hot day on the beach and still be coherent enough to shoot the curl.

This is going to be my beer for the summer of 2015.

3.9/5  rDev +47.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Pacifico is easily drinkable. The double deuce bombers are ideal for enjoying at a ball game (thankfully available at Ducks games as well), a cold bottle is perfect on a date when you are trying to avoid getting too buzzed and making a fool of yourself, and a frosty schooner pairs just so well with a carnitas dinner in Old Town San Diego. And they are nice when relaxing at home with one and some chips and locally-made salsa.

Not a serious beer, but excellent for what it is intended, and for what it accomplishes. I enjoy drinking this beer.

3.87/5  rDev +46.6%

I'd like to start by saying I don't know why this beer is rated so low. I expected it too be bad but it surprised me with its Pilsner style. I split a 22 oz. bottle of this between a friend and I. Initially I expected this too be bad. Overall I rate Mexican beer at average or below. The appearance was a decent yellow color. It didn't like artificial. The carbonation is high as I expected. The beer has a nice balmy smell. Some esters move in followed by good pale smelling malts. As I titled the glass to my lips I discovered a nice Pilsner. It isn't distinctive but it is refreshing to taste a Mexican beer with some character (e.g. Bohemia) The taste is pale and has a good hop profile too it. Pacifico and crisp and refreshing. I am enjoying the taste of this beer. It doesn't present any repulsive or off flavors. It is light bodied and would perfect for washing down Enchiladas or other spicy foods. or enjoying while hanging out on a warm summer day. This beer is mild but has more character than I expected. I will definitely buy Pacifico again.

3.85/5  rDev +45.8%

My favorite Mexican macro and perfect for Cinco de Mayo. I hadn't had a Pacifico in awhile so I'm glad I finally get to rate one. Nothing spectacular, but with a fresh lime wedge, it went great with both my chips and salsa and also my steak and chicken fajitas. However, now I'm so full I almost had to be rolled home. Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

3.82/5  rDev +44.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I enjoy Mexican Lagers and are probably my favorite style of beer. I find lime and a little salt to be a great combination with any beer. I think Pacifico is a bit smoother than some of the other Mexican beers like Modelo and Corona. I enjoy Modelo Especial as one of my favorite summer beers, but change up from time to time and get Pacifico. Pacifico does not have the aftertaste that Modelo has, so in that respect it is a bit cleaner. Pacifico is hands down better than Corona. Corona is just a terrible beer, skunky. Pacifico has the right idea using brown bottles. I think that helps with the freshness.

3.8/5  rDev +43.9%

I'll be the first to admit that I have a profound weakness for Mexican beers, and Mexi-lagers in particular. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm from Texas, and there's nothing that compliments a big plate of Tex-Mex or barbecue food like a nice, clean Mexican cerveza. Maybe I'm just a sucker for the (generally) smooth and refreshing way that they cool me down on a hot Texas afternoon out on the porch. Whatever the case, I tend to view these beers with a regional preference in mind, and I'm always curious to try new offerings from south of the border.

Pacifico has been in the US market for a while now so it's not a stranger to the shelves here in Texas. The bottle carries a colorful label and has a longer neck than the usual American longneck. Grupo Modelo brews this beer, and classifies it as a pilsner on it's website. GM produces some nice beers, along with it's massive selling clunker Corona. Grupo Modelo is the Mexican equivalent of an American macrobrewer, offering numerous brand names spread over a basic spectrum of brewing styles.

Pacifico pours with a strictly average head and a decent enough body. The color is light straw, very clear. The small streams of bubbles rising from the bottom and sides of the mug are testimony to the beer being well carbonated. The nose is average, with a slight hop tinge jumping up to tickle the nostrils.

The tase is where this beer shines. It's smooth and crisp, with a crackery base and enough hop presence to keep things balanced. There's no real noticible sweetness to be found. Nothing complex going on here, but what it does, it does very well. Clean and fresh tasting all around. Fairly dry finish.

Good mouthfeel and very drinkable, especially when paired with regional dishes and/or warm weather. I really like this beer, and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a nice standby lager to keep in the fridge. Don't let bias overcome you. Try it with an open mind.

3.79/5  rDev +43.6%

A: Pours a clear golden straw color with a small head that fizzes and dissapated more like a soft drink then a beer, bubbles continue to rise from he sides of the glass

S: Hops dominate the smell

T: Suprisingly good initial hops grap the back of the tounge but are balanced and not bitter and soon disipate to a nice grainy malt that finishes very nice and creamy as it goes down

M: Light body, super crisp carbonation smoth descent

D: Easy as pie just like any other light Lager

notes: the apperance of this one is its real downfall, it looks unimpressive from the no-head soft drink like pour, no lacing, standard macro color, the only saving grace are its tiny bubbles that rise from the side of the glass

3.76/5  rDev +42.4%

My parents said they drank a lot of this when they were in Mexico so Igave it a try

12 ounce bottle
poured into a glass
light gold color with about a one inch head
no distinct smell
not really a distinct taste but very smooth
overall this is a very drinkable beer, not the best tasting but one I will always enjoy

3.75/5  rDev +42%

This beer has a time and place. It is not to be dismissed out if hand. While lacking complexity and balance, it hits the spot in a hit day, out doors, when you are looking to throw back a quite a few. A crowd pleaser for good old beer drinkers.

3.75/5  rDev +42%

Bottle left my some dinner guests...no freshenss date. Pours a four finger off-white head over a crystal clear light bright straw colored body. Smells of saaz hops (ie, tin) with a very mild malt sweet underneath. Plus a touch of carboard. Amazingly, there is a hint of grassy hop co-ho in the nose. Tastes more sweet than hoppy. Malt is clean of fruity esters. It's a simple sweet with some dry bisuity character that stands over a saaz hop tin flavor that's got a dirty character to it. Mouthfeel is light and the carbonation is such that acrid carb is a bit of the taste profile. Some lacing on the inside of the glass. Burns my tastebuds a bit with each gulp. I was expecting a skunked foul beer, but was pleasantly surprised. This is one of the better 'american macro lagers' I've ever had. Judged to style, not my stout-loving preferences.

3.75/5  rDev +42%

12 oz bottle enjoyed on a hot summer day. Poured into a 12oz mug.

A: Has your typical macro look, light golden yellow. Does have a nice big soapy head that turns into bubbly rings.

S: Sweet corn and grains, a touch of hops.

T: Pretty good, has some light hops and pale malt. This beer does have a sweetness to it and I don't know if it comes from the corn or a bit of citrus.

M: Good carbonation for the beverage considering this is supposed to be a refreshing beverage. Quite refreshing and has a bit of a creamy consistency (low end creamy).

D: Very. After all this is an American style Macro and it pulls it off well. Not only that, it is better than most macros. May not be the best beer in the world, but it does represent the style and I believe it sits pretty high with the style.

3.73/5  rDev +41.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I drank this coming straight off a Negra Modelo, so perhaps my rating will be a bit skewed. I actually thought this was a pretty good beer, with a malty kick and good mouthfeel. With moderate carbonation and a golden color sprouting a white head, the beer looked and tasted above average to me. Now, is that because I already had two Negra Modelos before I tried this? Perhaps, but as of now, I'm giving it a half decent rating.

Pacífico from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.