Pacífico - Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V. visit their website

American Adjunct Lager |  4.50% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 04-02-2002

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Pacífico Alström Bros
Reviews: 489 | Hads: 1,760
3.22/5  rDev +22%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

12 oz bottle into a pilsner glass

A - Clear pale straw in color that is almost golden in appearance. Thin head despite hard pour and high amount of carbonation is present based on amount of bubbles and how quickly bubbles rise to surface. 3.25/5

S - Very light malt profile with a hint of rice and white bread. Grassy hops are very prevalent. 3/5

T - Lightly toasted white bread is the initial note to jump out at me followed by a hint of yeast and butter. Rice along with a hint of corn strike me in the middle along with a slight pepperiness. Finishes grassy with a bit of green apple and a slight lingering bitterness. 3.25/5

M - Carbonation tickle, not a burn, despite the amount of carbonation visibly present. Ultra light with a slight drying astringency on the back end. 3.5/5

O - Decent pilsner style offering here that doesn't need a lime wedge in the bottle like it was originally served prior to me requesting a glass. Would definitely come back to this if and when a very light beer is in order. 3.25/5

3.14/5  rDev +18.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

This is not a craft beer. This is the perfect beer to eat with seafood cooked in lime such as 'ceviche'. This is the type of beer to make 'micheladas' with. I can understand the low ratings when compared to a craft beer, I would not like to sit down and sip on this either but when seafood is dinner, this is the perfect beer. Light, crisp, bolder than other beers at the same price. No overwhelming taste or notes to make me feel like Santa Clause after downing pounds of seafood. Seafood, pacifico and lime= satisfied. Ps foodd city sells these for 12 while other stores sets them off around 15. If I paid 15 for this I'd be dissapointed, honestly. At 12 I can't go wrong.

2.3/5  rDev -12.9%

Look: Hey, it's a typical Mexican beer. You know what it looks like: it's pleasant and golden. You can't fault it here. Looks like a party. Fingernail head on a slow pour from the waiter.
Smell: I'm getting a syrupy smell that doesn't bode well. Besides that, honestly, there's some floral notes on my nose that were very promising.
Taste: There it is. It's medicinal, sweet, cough syrupy. Drinkable while cold--not good in the least.
Feel: It's light, but watery. Enough said.
Overall: Avoid this beer.

4.24/5  rDev +60.6%

Screw it, I admit: I love Pacifico. Could it be gross sentimentality? Maybe. Could it be wanton self-styled rebelliousness, my beer of choice when thumbing my nose at the beer snobs? Perhaps. Or, maybe, just maybe, this is a really satisfying drink. Goes down like water, without being watery, perfectly carb'd, this is the absolute epitome of a beer that demands another sip, the bottle gone in what feels like seconds. It's got a faint hint of corn in the nose, or maybe it's psychosomatic, too many evenings of chips and salsa at the local taco joint having embedded in my brain that harmonious combo of warm corn torilla chips and cold Pacifico (same goes for what I swear is a hint of lime in there too). It's malty, it's entirely inoffensive, it's not skunked, save for perhaps a whiff of it in the nose, but which, sentimental or not, I kind of like. It's weird to rate a beer like this so high, but the stark reality is that I'd rather drink it than most of the beers I'd rate below it. That alone justifies the score in my book. Salud!

2.65/5  rDev +0.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.75

typical mexican beer, i've yet to find one that really stands out from the rest. i passed over this beer numerous times but finally bought it, i'll be skipping over it from now on as well.

1.53/5  rDev -42%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Pretty much tasteless typical Mexican beer. One step above Tecate, which isn't saying much. My son brought some over a couple of weeks ago and four of the six pack are still in the refrig. Hate to throw out beer, but to me this shit is barely drinkable.

2.55/5  rDev -3.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Bright yellow golden color with a thick three finger head with good retention.
Light aroma with notes of malt sweetness, cereals and maybe faint floral hops.
Flavor with notes of grains, mild cardboard and some floral and spicy hops. Dry aftertaste with a mild bitterness.
Light body with good carbonation.
Refreshing Adjunct lager, less offensive off-flavors with a hint of hops. It is far from especial, but possibly a bit better than the traditional ones (Corona, Sol).

2.98/5  rDev +12.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

Tasted this beer in a blind taste test with 5 other cheap beers. It won 3/4 of our votes for the top choice among the 6. Its nothing special, but compared to the likes of Dos Equis, PBR, Lone Star and others of the like, it was far more drinkable.

3.47/5  rDev +31.4%

This is a much better choice than a beer like Corona. This is very light, and doesn't have much taste which makes it great for a super hot day. It's very refreshing since it tastes like carbonated water.

3.82/5  rDev +44.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I enjoy Mexican Lagers and are probably my favorite style of beer. I find lime and a little salt to be a great combination with any beer. I think Pacifico is a bit smoother than some of the other Mexican beers like Modelo and Corona. I enjoy Modelo Especial as one of my favorite summer beers, but change up from time to time and get Pacifico. Pacifico does not have the aftertaste that Modelo has, so in that respect it is a bit cleaner. Pacifico is hands down better than Corona. Corona is just a terrible beer, skunky. Pacifico has the right idea using brown bottles. I think that helps with the freshness.

2.81/5  rDev +6.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

My favorite of the Mexican lagers. Very refreshing and easy to drink. Nothing to write home about, but definitely a good beer for a day with some friends in the warm summer sun. Get some reggae on the radio, grab some good friends on a nice warm sunny day, and throw a few of these back in a nice relaxed outdoor environment.. preferably a good beach and I promise you'll make this your go to beer for such an occasion.

1.66/5  rDev -37.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Pours a clear light golden colir with white head. Cereal grains on the nose; follows onto the palate. Light bodied. Finishes with lingering grains and a touch of sweetness.

2.63/5  rDev -0.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Very basic but a better choice in the mass production Mexican brewed beers. Way better than Corona or Tecate. If options are limited at a Mexican place, try this. Just a small hint of flavor in it that makes it stand out just a bit. I sometimes throw a lime wedge in, but works fine on its own too. No need for the lime to make it palatable like Corona.

2.06/5  rDev -22%

Pacifico pours a straw color with a very small head. There is a skunk aroma. The taste is full of adjuncts, very grainy tasting. Flat and offensive flavors. Overall its hard to say something nice, bad flavors that are strong.

2.17/5  rDev -17.8%

Served on tap. Pale yellow with minor head. Very little aroma, and whatever aroma I had was drowned out by the lime. Taste was bland, all carbonation and metal. Decent texture, not great.

2.47/5  rDev -6.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Pours a clear, light yellow with almost no head. Aroma is minimal, with some light malt and corn. Taste is light, with some sweet malt and and normal clean adjunct lager taste. Mouthfeel is thin but somewhat fizzy with nice carbonation. Overall, a decent adjunct mexican lager that is better than the rest.

3.92/5  rDev +48.5%

On December 19, 2014, a young man by the name of Gabriel Medina became the first South American man to be the world surfing champion. When he won, a swarm of tanned legs and Brazilian flags stormed the Hawaiian beach. They picked up Medina. It was a great celebration. Almost anyone anywhere in the world with a computer or smart phone could have watched this happen live from the Bonzai Pipeline in Hawaii.

This company sponsors the World Surf League making it possible for these events to be available live. You can watch it all live, and videos of all the heats are available on youtube. Even the women's competition has full coverage. The sponsorship of Pacifico Cerveza helps to make this possible.

I love surfing so when I saw this on the shelf in the supermarket the other day I picked it up. The first thing you notice is the color. It has a clear rich golden color like the sands of Ipanama. When you pour it out, it develops a very decent white head. It's a thing of beauty. It's not heavy, and it doesn't have a strong taste, and it's not going to fill you up. With only a 4.5% alcohol level you can drink plenty of these on a hot day on the beach and still be coherent enough to shoot the curl.

This is going to be my beer for the summer of 2015.

2.35/5  rDev -11%

Serving Type: 355 mL

A- Golden Yellow and Fizzy.

S- Corn and Strong Ethanol.

T- Pretty Mild and Drinkable. Mostly Corn.

M- High Carbonation and Medium Mouthfeel

O- Not a great beer but it was quite refreshing on a 30 degree Mexican cloudless day.

3.73/5  rDev +41.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I drank this coming straight off a Negra Modelo, so perhaps my rating will be a bit skewed. I actually thought this was a pretty good beer, with a malty kick and good mouthfeel. With moderate carbonation and a golden color sprouting a white head, the beer looked and tasted above average to me. Now, is that because I already had two Negra Modelos before I tried this? Perhaps, but as of now, I'm giving it a half decent rating.

2.28/5  rDev -13.6%

Pretty standard AAL. Cardboard and malt. Only drinkable extremely cold. A good beer to drink with spice Mexican food. Also doesn't hurt when you buy a case of these for under $15.

1.12/5  rDev -57.6%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

It tastes like a mixture of horse cum and gasoline but is quite earthy. No floral or tropical aromas other than the lime that instantaneously went rotten the moment it touched the beer. Mexican piss water would be an upgrade to this concoction. Shame on myself for paying actual currency for this.

2.79/5  rDev +5.7%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

This is a beer I drink when I go to the beach and I want something else than water, a fresh lime and it´s good to go. Still bad but better than water.

2.81/5  rDev +6.4%

12 FL. OZ. bottle
Served in a perfect pint glass

L - It is pale yellow with very little white head that almost immediately dissipated. No lacing.

S - I smell some light grain notes. It is surprisingly not skunky smelling like Corona as I expected.

T - The taste is light caramel and some grain. It is pretty much unoffensive due to little flavor.

F - Watery

O - I am cooking Mexican dishes today so I thought I would try an unreviewed by me Mexican lager. This is a lot better than Corona. It will wash down the spicy food nicely.

4.24/5  rDev +60.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Pacífico brewed by Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V. , with an ABV of 4.50% This brew pours out a nice amber color with a nice white head. It has the look of most lager brews on the market. The smell is skunky with grains and malts. You pick up a hit of hops in the smell of this brew. The taste is bold with flavor. You pick up on grains, malts, and a hit of hops in the taste of this brew. The mouthfeel is smooth and rich with flavor. I like how this brew goes down smooth. There is nothing overpowering in this brew, it has a nice balance to it Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V., did a nice job with this brew. I would buy this brew again.

2.4/5  rDev -9.1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I will make this fast. I thought this was going to be a bit better than it was, not wasting a lot of time on the review.

Appearance - Pours a super transparent golden color with a soap bubbly half finger that dissolves as fast as it appears. No lacing. Since it is snowing here I like the thought of drinking Mexican beer, sitting on a fishing boat not giving a damn.

Smell - A bit of corn, tiny lemon, skunk, urine

Taste - Nothing really. Tin, a bit of bitterness

Mouthfeel - Finishes like water, about the same consistency.

Overall - Move it along. If you want to drink beer south of the border go Corona or Dos Equis at a minimum. This is pretty bad.

Pacífico from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.