Victoria - Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

VictoriaVictoria

poor

Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V. visit their website
Mexico

Vienna Lager |  4.00% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 11-08-2002)

Terrible. TerriBLAY. Typical macro, perhaps ever worse. Absolutely no taste. Might as well have been water. I drank 5 beers in one hour and didn't feel or taste a thing. What's the point? Taste? Nothing, almost like water. Smell? Nothing. Mouthfeel? Slight carbonation...SLIGHT. Overall, terrible f-ing beer. I'm glad I didn't pay for it...I'd probably rather take a BMC over this. This is the stuff I'm glad I avoided for so long. PASS.

1.18/5  rDev -59.3%

Very poor choice of beer for myself. The color was a simmered brown, taste was completely lacking, not hoppy, nor bitter, nothing - no head at all, light on the carbonation. I felt like I was drinking a beer that just had no heart or soul put into it. sad

1.3/5  rDev -55.2%

12 oz brown bottle.

It pours a mild amber with a whit head.

Smellss...bad, but has a smudge of hops and caramel.

Upon tasting the first thing that comes to mind is drinking fountian water. From and old school one, a bubbler, with rusty pipes and mexican sewage water running through it. Then i pondered for a bit and thought "maize".

This beer sucks.

1.5/5  rDev -48.3%

12oz bottle into SA perfect pint.

A: Pours a light caramel with a thin very short lived white head that quickly fizzed away into a thin collar. Carbonation looks extremely fizzy and active.
S: Light notes of cereal grains and a bit of honey-like synthetic sweetness.
T: Flavors of dirty grains and old tap lines. The synthetic sweetness is off-putting and nothing like the honey I thought I may have smelled on the nose. This tastes like dish water and old sour mashed grains.
M: Very fizzy soda-like carbonation with a light body. A weird film is left in my mouth after I swallow.
O: Not worth the calories. I would gladly drink a number of adjunct lagers over this one.

1.56/5  rDev -46.2%

1.6/5  rDev -44.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

poured into a glass from the bottle... actually looks very promising a brown/amber color not much head or lacing though. Smell isn't really that pleasant or present not offensive just not much there... Same with taste, what little taste there is in this beer isn't that great... Glad I got this one as a sample and didn't pay for it. Wouldn't turn it down if someone handed one to me at a cookout but wouldn't ever buy it in the store...

1.65/5  rDev -43.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

Pours an amber color with decent single finger head that's an egg shell color. I was surprised by the darkness in the cplot.
The smell... There isn't really a smell, it's some slight breadiness but that's about it.
The taste is even more muted then the smell, it's pretty much a very lightly flavored carbed water with some sweetness up front.
Overall I don't really enjoy this, it's mostly flavorless.

1.73/5  rDev -40.3%

Living in southern california, I like to think of myself as somewhat familiar with mexican beer.

This is honestly the worst one I have ever had. It is an extremely watered down macro lager. Calling this a vienna lager is a friggin insult to Vienna (not to mention LAGER), and I hereby officially apologize to any Viennese reading this.

Avoid this beer, I don't know how this could have possible earned a B-. I would drink a 6-pack of corona without the lime before I drank another one of these. It's that bad.

1.75/5  rDev -39.7%

Poured from a 12oz bottle into a shaker pint.

A: Pours like vitamin-rich piss with a ugly, big bubble, oily head that dissipates quickly.

S: Skunky nastiness, three-day old corn and waterlogged rice.

T: Yup, that's about all there is to taste, too. Unpleasant adjuncts are only overwhelmed by the uber-skunky hop profile.

D: Mouthfeel is a little thicker than AAL usually are. Doesn't help; it just makes it feel slimy. The harsh flavours make this hard to finish.

Overall: I thought this would be slightly better than the usual AAL crap...not sure why I thought that. Its just as bad if not worse. Nasty stuff and if this is a Vienna lager, then I'm Santa Claus.

1.75/5  rDev -39.7%

Victoria from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.