Victoria - Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

VictoriaVictoria

poor

Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V. visit their website
Mexico

Vienna Lager |  4.00% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 11-08-2002)

SkiBum22, Oct 21, 2014

smartassboiler, Apr 09, 2012

Dbot, Aug 17, 2014

sendbeer, Dec 03, 2012

Terrible. TerriBLAY. Typical macro, perhaps ever worse. Absolutely no taste. Might as well have been water. I drank 5 beers in one hour and didn't feel or taste a thing. What's the point? Taste? Nothing, almost like water. Smell? Nothing. Mouthfeel? Slight carbonation...SLIGHT. Overall, terrible f-ing beer. I'm glad I didn't pay for it...I'd probably rather take a BMC over this. This is the stuff I'm glad I avoided for so long. PASS.

Northsider, Sep 17, 2011

XmnwildX12, Jul 20, 2014
1.18/5  rDev -59.5%

Very poor choice of beer for myself. The color was a simmered brown, taste was completely lacking, not hoppy, nor bitter, nothing - no head at all, light on the carbonation. I felt like I was drinking a beer that just had no heart or soul put into it. sad

DexterP236, Mar 03, 2012
1.3/5  rDev -55.3%

12 oz brown bottle.

It pours a mild amber with a whit head.

Smellss...bad, but has a smudge of hops and caramel.

Upon tasting the first thing that comes to mind is drinking fountian water. From and old school one, a bubbler, with rusty pipes and mexican sewage water running through it. Then i pondered for a bit and thought "maize".

This beer sucks.

crossovert, Sep 08, 2010

wilfonzo, Sep 18, 2014

kkmiller76, Feb 11, 2014
1.5/5  rDev -48.5%

12oz bottle into SA perfect pint.

A: Pours a light caramel with a thin very short lived white head that quickly fizzed away into a thin collar. Carbonation looks extremely fizzy and active.
S: Light notes of cereal grains and a bit of honey-like synthetic sweetness.
T: Flavors of dirty grains and old tap lines. The synthetic sweetness is off-putting and nothing like the honey I thought I may have smelled on the nose. This tastes like dish water and old sour mashed grains.
M: Very fizzy soda-like carbonation with a light body. A weird film is left in my mouth after I swallow.
O: Not worth the calories. I would gladly drink a number of adjunct lagers over this one.

scottfrie, Sep 06, 2011

mhaugo, Mar 30, 2012

MarioBooshwah, May 04, 2012

ycortez, May 08, 2012
1.56/5  rDev -46.4%

WholeLottaTricks, Nov 10, 2014
1.6/5  rDev -45%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

poured into a glass from the bottle... actually looks very promising a brown/amber color not much head or lacing though. Smell isn't really that pleasant or present not offensive just not much there... Same with taste, what little taste there is in this beer isn't that great... Glad I got this one as a sample and didn't pay for it. Wouldn't turn it down if someone handed one to me at a cookout but wouldn't ever buy it in the store...

alk3kenny, May 08, 2012
1.65/5  rDev -43.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

Pours an amber color with decent single finger head that's an egg shell color. I was surprised by the darkness in the cplot.
The smell... There isn't really a smell, it's some slight breadiness but that's about it.
The taste is even more muted then the smell, it's pretty much a very lightly flavored carbed water with some sweetness up front.
Overall I don't really enjoy this, it's mostly flavorless.

Pipmeister, Jul 12, 2011
1.73/5  rDev -40.5%

Living in southern california, I like to think of myself as somewhat familiar with mexican beer.

This is honestly the worst one I have ever had. It is an extremely watered down macro lager. Calling this a vienna lager is a friggin insult to Vienna (not to mention LAGER), and I hereby officially apologize to any Viennese reading this.

Avoid this beer, I don't know how this could have possible earned a B-. I would drink a 6-pack of corona without the lime before I drank another one of these. It's that bad.

AWolfAtTheDoor, Aug 30, 2009

JIMTRK16, Feb 26, 2014

Xzfgiimtsath, May 31, 2013
1.75/5  rDev -39.9%

Poured from a 12oz bottle into a shaker pint.

A: Pours like vitamin-rich piss with a ugly, big bubble, oily head that dissipates quickly.

S: Skunky nastiness, three-day old corn and waterlogged rice.

T: Yup, that's about all there is to taste, too. Unpleasant adjuncts are only overwhelmed by the uber-skunky hop profile.

D: Mouthfeel is a little thicker than AAL usually are. Doesn't help; it just makes it feel slimy. The harsh flavours make this hard to finish.

Overall: I thought this would be slightly better than the usual AAL crap...not sure why I thought that. Its just as bad if not worse. Nasty stuff and if this is a Vienna lager, then I'm Santa Claus.

JohnnyChicago, Nov 15, 2011

WillHops, Aug 05, 2014
1.8/5  rDev -38.1%

Poured into a clear acrylic tumbler...no glassware to be found, but I don't think that will matter. Darker than I expected. Head almost absent, left a thin ring at the top of the brew that dropped with the level. No lacing whatsoever.

Aroma is there...just not good.

Taste is the same. Close to Corona, not a lot of flavor.

Mouthfeel: High carbonation, thin.

Overall, not a good beer for my tastes; almost a drain pour. Maybe a bad batch? Won't buy again.

hoppymonster, Jul 22, 2011
1.9/5  rDev -34.7%

A: Pours a clear, very light amber color. A small head formed but lasted only a few seconds.

S: Not much on the aroma, a little off putting skunkiness and slightly metallic.

T: Not much going on here, slight malt/caramel presence, but barely. There just isn't much to this beer at all.

M/D: Extremely thin, some carbonation.

Super high carbonation makes this really crisp, but the body is more watery than water itself. This is a really thin beer. One of the worst Mexican beers I have had. If you want something in this style in Mexico grab a Bohemia or a Negra Modelo.

mdaschaf, Oct 04, 2010
Victoria from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.