Negra Modelo - Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

Negra ModeloNegra Modelo

good

Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V. visit their website
Mexico

Vienna Lager |  5.40% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 11-19-2000)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Negra Modelo Alström Bros

Had to come back and update this one then decided to review. I pored this from a bottle into a tall New Glarus glass. Looks beautiful in the light, decent head, and smells delicious. Tastes even better. A now must have for my fridge. For me this is an instant favorite! I can drink it warm, cold, bottled or in a glass. It's simple, easy to drink and really tasty. This ones for anyone, if you get a chance try it.

Reviewed for the first time in a restaurante, when i began my career as a professional beer judge. Regarding to the characteristics:

A: Dark brown color with reddish hues at the backlight, good contrast with white foamy head, which is thin and compact but never disappears, acceptable lacing;

S: Clear roasted malt with nut and chocolate;

T: First warns the sweetness of roasted malt, producing chocolate, toffee and cookie, in the palate becomes bitter and appear the hops, creating notes of coffee and roasted chestnuts;

M: Refreshing, high bitterness, full body without begin robust, very good carbonation;

D: Outstanding appearance, smell, taste and mouthfeel, together with Corona Extra the best mexican beers, and adding guinness extra stout, st. peter's cream stout and moosehead lager, my five favorite beers of all time.

I was pleasantly surprised by this beer. I usually am pretty skeptical of mass produced beer like this but I thought this was exceptional and is now one of my favorite beers. It was smooth from start to finish no bitter finish or aftertaste. I has a beautiful dark caramel color that was very appealing. It was a very surprising and enjoyable experience.

4.95/5  rDev +48.2%

Having been away from beer for a long while I wanted to get back to drinking. I used to be a light beer drinker before so I wanted to try something new and by chance, and curiosity I ordered a negra modelo. ..wow! what a joy it was drinking that first bottle. When ever I can't find it I try other darks only to be left disappointed. Thanks to the Brewers of this fine beer I now have found my afternoon companion.

4.75/5  rDev +42.2%

Negra Modelo from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.