Montana Trout Slayer Wheat Ale - Big Sky Brewing Company

good

Big Sky Brewing Company visit their website
Montana, United States

American Pale Wheat Ale |  5.00% ABV

Trout Slayer is a filtered wheat ale, fermented at cool temperatures, making it a smooth drinkable session beer. Brewed with Palisade, Glacier, and Mt. Hood hops, this straw colored beer is sure to please any craft beer drinker.

(Beer added by: Bitterbill on 09-12-2007)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Montana Trout Slayer Wheat Ale Alström Bros

littlewing1985, Mar 05, 2014

lakersfan16, Nov 19, 2011

Rihup, May 26, 2013

Unchi, Dec 07, 2011
4.85/5  rDev +34.7%

I had this back in July at a BBQ up in the chain o lakes. It is a wheat ale, very light and drinkable, but has great flavors and body to it. A hint of lemon and light citrus. Very crisp and refreshing.

I recommend this beer either just for a night out drinking or with any outdoor activity. Take camping or on the lake.

BeerMePlze, Nov 23, 2009

MTfish, Oct 16, 2013

Kamui_2004, Jul 06, 2014

ChiefPelz, Mar 08, 2012
4.7/5  rDev +30.6%

appearance. A yellow pilsner color with a white half finger heard that starts to quickly disappear.

smell- a lemon/ wheat like smell. It kind of smells like an IPA which scares me before I taste it because I'm not an IPA fan. the smell kind of grows on you though. it is kind of refreshing.

taste- wow this surprised me. I didn't really know what to expect but this is great. It starts off with no flavor but then as it finishes it finishes an awesome lemon flavor. It is super light and a great session beer taste. This would be a spectacular summer beer. it's just got that summer vibe to it. The more sips I take the better it tastes.

mouth feel.- the mouth feel is great. smooth with the right amount of carbonation.

I normally do not try wheat beers and I was not going to buy this but God am I glad i did. This is a really terrific beer. I honestly think this beer is underrated on this site. This is defiantly one of my new favorite beers and I will definitely buy again and recommend to everyone.

smptenor, Mar 08, 2014
4.65/5  rDev +29.2%

Pretty golden clear with nice thin foam lacing. Steady carbonation, nice little bubbles.

Smell is amazing, fruity, almost berry-like. Nice oatmeal scent in there too.

Feels great on the tongue. The taste is my favorite balance of sweet, fruity, grainy and bitter. I could drink this over and over.

This is one of my new favorites. It's absolutely delicious. I can't wait to try it on tap.

ch473, Apr 12, 2010
4.53/5  rDev +25.8%

Poured into an Imperial Pint..Warning..This bottle is a little older than I would have liked to drink it. So, take any negative feedback with a grain of salt.

Poured a rich golden yellow, very effervescent. Even after my fist few drinks the carbonation was still quickly rising to the surface. Had about a finger and half of head, which dissipated quickly. However, there was still a slight lace down the glass as I drank.

Smell- Has a great nose. A not overly hopped or spicy smell, about right for being an ale. The hops were inviting, and the floral hints are prevalent throughout the beer.

Taste - This is a great one, a lot is going on in this beer. Just the right amount of hops, and a little spice to it - which I didnt expect. The malts are not over powering, but works great to balance the bitterness. I get a mild cucumber hint during the finish, I've never had that before. A slight citrus if I look for it, maybe I'm imagining it because I could smell it..who knows.

Over all - This is a very drinkable Ale, I could see myself drinking more than six of these if I had nothing to do the next morning. Very impressed. The age of the beer did not seem to hinder it at all - I wish I had a fresher one to taste along side.

Stewball, Sep 25, 2009

IDABEERGUY, Nov 08, 2013

Cheet577, Mar 29, 2012

Sparrow_Feather, Sep 13, 2013
4.5/5  rDev +25%

pours an extremely pale lemon juice yellow with a nice white head that wants to stick around. lots of nice fine bubbles traveling up throughthe hazy body of this beer.

smells of brilliantly toasted, rich malts. big surprise, i was really expecting to be bombarded with herbal wheat and hops. It's almost like im detecting chocolate malt which is a huge surprise in such a light beer. There are light notes of grains as well.

this tastes of a brighter maibock almost, lots of malts and wheat with some tangy hops and lemon zest in the end.This is a really delicious, special beer.

Very smooth and light, well carbonated.

Highly drinkable, excellent as a session brew due to the lower ABV. I imagine this would be really refreshing while fishing or after getting back in. This will be one I return to as the the months get hotter this summer.

wolfinthemirror, May 02, 2010