Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse Naturtrüb - Hacker-Pschorr Bräu GmbH

Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse NaturtrübHacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse Naturtrüb

Hacker-Pschorr Bräu GmbH visit their website
Germany

Hefeweizen |  5.50% ABV

(Beer added by: SheepNutz on 02-24-2001)
View: Beers (19) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse Naturtrüb Alström Bros
shamus

3.05/5  rDev -25.6%

Poured a cloudy gold. Some nice lace but the head disipated quickly. Smelled very nice with some floral and spicy notes but these were lost to the breadyness when actually tasted. I've had much better wheat beers than this but I would probably drink it again.

02-25-2006 00:38:10 | More by shamus
MaltyGoodness

4.05/5  rDev -1.2%

12oz. bottle

Pours a hazy golden straw with a fluffy white head that maintains. Thick lacing on the glass.

Very bready aroma with hints of vanilla, banana, and clove. A fantastic smelling wheat beer.

Very bready with banana and clove right upfront. The taste subsides quickly and it finishes a bit dry and very clean.

Body seems a little thin.

This goes down with no resistance. A fine hefe indeed.

02-22-2006 02:32:19 | More by MaltyGoodness
bigdeuce

4.43/5  rDev +8%

Boy I'll tell ya, last summer I was in Ft. Myers beach and ran across some of this on tap, remembered it was outstanding, came to beer advocate, and saw Hacker Pschorr made a few weizens so wasn't sure which one it was. Went to the beer distributor where I live and there it was in a bottle. Still unsure if it was the same beer I had had in Ft. Myers, so figured I'd give it a shot. Well...I could never forget that taste. IT IS!!

I am a big fan of Tucher and Penn, but this is the best Hefe-weizen I've ever had. The vanilla and banana mix well together, from start to finish, with the wheat. No aftertaste whatsoever! Not much hoppiness, but shouldn't be. Smells just like what it tastes. Another treat, was only $6.99 a sixer!! Plus, you can drink the daylights outta it. If you want one great hefe-weizen, get this one..fast..if I leave you any!

02-16-2006 21:10:21 | More by bigdeuce
rhoadsrage

4.25/5  rDev +3.7%

(Served in a weizen glass)

A-This beer pours a warm hazy deep orange color with a good hazy. The head is a creamy light tan that can be cut with a knife. There are long strands of tiny bubbles rising to the surface but they can only be seen at the base where the glass is the most narrow.

S- Nice light fruit notes of pears and red apples with some faint cloves and no real note of banana. The finish has a smooth spicy note that could be hops. There are faint notes of vanilla and the banana starts to come through as it warms.

T-This beer has a nice clove spice with some faint banana that give more depth to the smooth soft wheat and a hint of light malt flavor. There is some notes of lemon brightness in the malt aswell. Not it's not the garnish I don't even allow fruit in the house when I am drinking wheat beer. The finish has a slight bread quality followed by a good spicy note that balances out the flavors in the beginning. There is a slight carbonic acid bite that enhances the hop spice and gives the finish a dry quality.

M- This beer has a medium-light mouthfeel with a creamy texture and a carbonic bite in the finish.

D- This beer has good depth up front and a nice spicy to balance it in the finish.

02-09-2006 23:06:46 | More by rhoadsrage
headlessparrot

4.18/5  rDev +2%

This particular sample of Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse came right from the shelf of the LCBO on Highway 7 at Woodbine in Markham - a 500mL brown bottle, best before November of 2006. I'm a tremendous fan of the style, so let's see how Hacker-Pschorr compares (especially to Schneider Weisse Original Hefe Weiss, which I found to be almost beyond reproach).

An aggressive pour results in a very cloudy (not unexpected in the least) brew of orange-ish brown tint, with a healthy two fingers of head and a tremendous amount of lacing. The two fingers die down to about a quarter-inch within five minutes, but the quarter-inch remains intact throughout the drink, as does the solid amount of lacing that the brew sports. Quite solid.

Aroma is primarily of cloves and very distinct (curaco?) orange notes. Some light spiciness as well, although I find it difficult to detect the wheat in the nose. Other citrus is also present, as well as a sweetness that accompanies those notes.

Taste is good; primarily reinforces the citrus notes and cloves, with a bit of yeastiness... Slighty creamy and sweet throughout, with some mild wheatiness on the finish. Also a slightly unpleasant metallic twang to the finish, however, and leaves the mouth a bit dry. Still quite good, however, and something I'd enjoy on a somewhat regular basis. Not the best hefe weizen I've ever tasted, but certainly quite respectable in its own right.

Carbonation is a bit too jumpy on the tongue, but the solid medium body makes up for this, illustrating that what we have is a brew of substance. Drinkability is also respectable; this is just conjecture, but I could probably have a few of these and really enjoy them - granted, the interesting flavour notes would be lost amidst the consumption, but that's probably the reason most alcoholics drink cheap macro lagers. At 5.5%, though, I wouldn't reccomend TOO many, especially if they're coming from the 500mL bottles.
Very close to 4's or better across the board (a very slight overcarbonation seems to be its only issue), Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse is a great example of the hefe weizen style and it's definitely a great brew in general that I wouldn't hesitate to buy again. That said, there's better to be found within the style - amongst them, my current preferred hefe, Scheinder Weisse Original. Still, though, I can't emphasize enough that this is still a great brew.

02-09-2006 03:40:10 | More by headlessparrot
HardTarget

3.53/5  rDev -13.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Bottle Inspection: 500 ml brown bottle, label sharing 5.5% abv and “traditional wheat”. Not much else.

Aroma: Fruity, banana, citric mostly, with a good dose of yeast and a slight pepper note. Complex yet inviting.

Appearance: Hazy gold with many slow rising carbonation streams feeding a massive fluffy white head that clumped and cratered

Flavor: Nose is a good indication of the flavor. A bit of a soda sweetness to it and a bit of metallic twang which is distracting. Still, enough fruit and mild pepper come through to make it enjoyable.

Mouthfeel: Very bubbly, soft texture, lighter body, dry finish.

Overall Impression: Enjoyable, mild, refreshing. A good summertime quencher, and not a bad drink this winter. Classic German engineering, worth a try.

02-03-2006 04:28:07 | More by HardTarget
Optimat0r

appearance - looks a standard gold color, either appealing amber or piss depending on what kind of beer you like

smell - still dont see how this matters at all

taste - not really sure how to rate this; at first it tastes excellent, it a really rich fruity taste, caramelly, no foul aftertaste or anything. not hoppy or malty at all. really unique. howeverafter about halfway through it starts getting more and more plain...the taste is great at firsat but not that complex so it starts to get old after a while. it really depends on what you like and what your looking for- i personally am into darker more complex beers but i cant really fault this one as its great for what it is.

mouthfeel - stays good throughout...a sweet, nice....oh what does it matter, this category harldy matters.

drinkability - again not sure how to rate it...its a great sampler beer, but also would be great for a party-type drinking marathon as its not too strong and the taste is good, but if im just going to have one beer and really enjoy it, this one is just too simple and uninteresting.

02-02-2006 03:07:10 | More by Optimat0r
crwills

4.58/5  rDev +11.7%

I'm a sucker for this type of beer, especially when poured into my new Erdinger weissbier glass. Poured a dark cloudy gold colour. Smell was bananas and cloves, with some flowers and sweet oranges in there.

Flavour is great -- bananas, oranges, and a sweet citrus aftertaste. Very pleasant, smooth mouthfeel with moderate carbonation.

High drinkability, and something you might not feel guilty breaking the 'beer-o-clock' rule with. Try it with brunch!

01-21-2006 20:32:27 | More by crwills
EvilKeith

Alabama

4.1/5  rDev 0%

This is a beer I first tried years ago at Chicago Pizza and Ovengrinders. This is where I began my love of Hefe Weizens.
At this establishment they have an almost ritualistic presentation with this beer. The bottle and weizen glass arrive at the table. A lemon is squeezed and allowed to coat the glass. The glass is turned upside down and the bottle inserted, the glass is righted and the bottle is ever so slowly pulled out as the beer fills the glass.
Any way, tonite (no lemon) the beer pours into the glass a clouded golden orange, a moderate off-white head fades quickly, dissipates to minimal lace.
A classic example of the hefe-weizen style. The nose is yeast, citrus, banana with a hint of clove.
Crisp, clean and refreshing. Fabulous mouthfeel.
This is the hefe-weizen I judge all others by. A much try!

01-17-2006 02:44:05 | More by EvilKeith
AltBock

4.13/5  rDev +0.7%

12oz. bottle with a close up picture of Mr. Georg Pschorr starring back at you when you're pouring his fine Hefe into a Weizen glass. There is also a Produced on date and another number under that on the front. Mine was produced on 07.05 and the number 18953.

Appearance: When I poured it into my new Weizen glass, it came out a golden orange color with the usual massive head of white creamy foam that left plenty of lace around the glass.

Smell: It had a wonderful aroma of fruits (predominantly the bananas take center stage), cloves and some wheat in the background.

Taste: It had a taste of sweet citrus fruits, cloves, just a little bit of yeast, and this all ended with a mild wheat aftertaste. Usual Hefe taste.

Mouthfeel: Light, smooth, creamy, and with that wheat aftertaste at the end. It wasn't too light, but just light enough for me to enjoy.

Drinkability: Overall an excellent Hefe that I will have to buy again in the near future. This was my first Hacker-Pschorr beer and since it was this good, I will defiantly have try some of their other ones.

01-12-2006 20:48:54 | More by AltBock
fisherman34

Manitoba (Canada)

3.75/5  rDev -8.5%

Pretty much your typical German hefeweizen: cloudy gold in colour, banana and clove aroma, etc. Flavor wise, this is one leans a bit more towards the banana side and just hints at clove and citrus. Not quite as balanced as the Paulaner or Franziskaner, but still refreshing and full of flavor. Definitely worth seeking out if you're into this style.

01-11-2006 18:18:56 | More by fisherman34
BuckeyeNation

Iowa

3.95/5  rDev -3.7%

Rust orange with a haze of superfine yeast; perhaps the darkest hefe weizen that I've yet encountered. The colossal French vanilla colored crown shrank rapidly, but is still a multiple finger presence in the top portion of the glass. It's unfortunate that there isn't more lace, but that barely detracts from what is a wonderful looking beer.

The aroma is classic. There are no surprises, nothing new or different, just pure hefe weizen yeast esters of fresh banana and clove; neither dominating the other. Although a little more olfactory vividness would be welcome, the nose is a solid as a rock.

The flavor profile is also solid and echoes the nose perfectly. Wheat is easily appreciated, but is a trifle too 'grainy' for me to consider this beer among my favorites of the style. A little more sweetness would have effectively papered over that (admittedly) minor shortcoming. The fruit and spice could stand to speak with a louder voice. Don't get me wrong, this is good beer, it just has extremely high standards to live up to.

Banana just edges out clove, but it's a near thing. The hefe weizen banan-o-meter score is a respectable 3.0/5.0. Some hefe weizens are sweet, some are tart. This one is neither really. Neutral is less interesting, but is still good. The finish is short due to a light-medium mouthfeel that doesn't quite make it to creamy. It's soft and smooth with a shortage of carbonation, especially late in the glass.

Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse Naturtrub is clearly a well-crafted beer. It hangs around in the vicinity of my Top-5 German hefes of all-time, but doesn't have 'der hoden' to run with the big boys. Although I enjoyed the bottle, with versions from Brauereien Aying, Weihenstephan and Paulaner a few minutes from my doorstep, I doubt that I'll drink this one again.

01-03-2006 15:18:08 | More by BuckeyeNation
Backer2004

4.08/5  rDev -0.5%

Tried this out as part of the best flight of beers I've ever experienced at the Flying Saucer in Addison, Texas. Never heard of this brewery but went with the choice and pleasantly surprised. Actually, after a family member tried mine, they switched from their macro light to this so I may have coverted one with this. Nice yeasty yellow with a banana scent and taste that is not too much. One of the better hefe's I've tried in a while.

01-01-2006 23:50:45 | More by Backer2004
funkengruven

4.25/5  rDev +3.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Poured a cloudy dark orange with a very puffy head. Smell is of cereal and alcohol, nothing amazing but not too bad. Taste is pretty good, smooth wheat flavor with slightly malty aftertaste. Not overly carbonated and very very smooth, this is a very nice beer. Personally I do very much like wheat beers and this is a really good example of one.

12-31-2005 21:06:32 | More by funkengruven
casualbeerman

4.58/5  rDev +11.7%

Wow, I went looking for wheat that was a step above Blue Moon, and found this. I think this was a great product and a great step up to explore wheat beers. It definately replaces Blue Moon as the beer I'd give someone who's just starting to explore beer or who thinks they don't like beer. It is hands down the least "aqquired taste" brew I've ever had. Color was a cloudy gold-tan, smell was overwhelmingly citrus and quite sweet, with a bit of sour accidity to balance it out. Bittnerness was minimal, even to me and of my favorite regulars, only Sam Adams brings anything approaching substantial bitterness to the party. Mouthfeel was medium tending towards light, with the sourness providing a bite that was pleasant, but that I must say I'm not used to. Drinkability is very good, as the taste doesn't get old, but the acidity keeps this from the very top. Incidentally, this style brings up the debate of whether to drink the beer with lemon or plain? My old attitude was that if you need lemon in your beer, you're drinking crap and should probably just buy a Smirnoff Ice or a Margaritta or something. But I have to say lemon compliments this beer beautifully. Mine came with a slice on the glass, and I didn't add it til the end, but I'm glad I did. I've heard the Germans would point and laugh if you did this, but what the hell, I'm just an American philistine and 4000 miles away besides. I say at least try your wheat beer with a lemon, I think Blue Moon with a little lemon is pretty good, and Hacker-Pschorr Wiess was flat out awesome. Think of it like the warm beer vs cold beer. A truly good beer shouldn't NEED to be cold to be palatable. But it doesn't mean you necessarily drink all your beer warm (I'm assuming you're not British). Simmilarly, your beer shouldn't NEED lemon to make it interesting. But with if I did a session with this I would definately add lemon to at least some of my beers.

12-30-2005 02:24:37 | More by casualbeerman
DogFood11

4.2/5  rDev +2.4%

Nice rolling froth finishes the pour. Lots of super fine carbonation support a billowing head. The usual haze and in the middle as far as color between golden to pale.

Fruity as heck, light, bananna, melon.

There is a lemon/orange citrus cutter that blazes its way through this brew, simplifying the sugary, fruity build and really making this what it is...a "unique" hefe that stays well within the "general" jist of the style, yet has an edge to it that is well brewed and awesome on the palate. Mellow, easy as hell to drink, carbonation is zippy, has plenty of cleansing.

Notes: well above average hefe. This is what I compare a good hefe to. If it's better than this they've done a damn fine job.

12-22-2005 05:14:50 | More by DogFood11
allergictomacros

2.78/5  rDev -32.2%

Appearance:
Cloudy orange/yellow color. Huge white head with some staying power.

Smell:
A little bit of a fresh, citrusy smell. Not particularly strong.

Taste:
A little sour... somewhat bland. There's a slight bitterness at the end of a sip, but not much at all. Just enough to say it exists.

Mouthfeel:
Carbonation isn't too harsh, but it is slightly watery. Not impressed.

Drinkability:
Again, nothing remarkable. I could drink a lot of these, but there's plenty of other beers I would choose over this one.

N.B. I don't drink hefe weizen's often, but I have had them before, and I recall thinking it was a fairly tasty. This review is of the 2nd of a pair of the same kind I got together. I had thought perhaps something bad had happened to the first one since I didn't think it was particularly good, but the 2nd was the same so... here's my review. :P

Edit: well 2 hrs or so of sipping later, I still had some left in my glass, with no desire to finish it. (Drinkability not so good?)

12-20-2005 01:48:47 | More by allergictomacros
asabreed

4.03/5  rDev -1.7%

16.9 ounce bottle poured into my Aventinus glass. Yeast was swirled and poured in to the top.

Appearance: A hazy and clody golden yellow due to the yeast poured in. Head is huge, also due to the aforementioned pouring of the yeast. The glass helps though, as each sip almost reboosts the carbonation, so there's always some head on the top. The lacing's thin but bubbly all over the top of the glass.

Smell: Lots of wheat malt and banana, with a faint lemon sourness, maybe lemon zest. Some light vanilla. Little or no bitterness.

Taste: Almost buttery with the wheat sweetness balanced and very tasty. There's also some banana and some almost banana cream pie-like flavors. Some slight citrus sourness and caramel at the end. Finishes sweet, then ends up slightly dry on the back of the tongue. Good stuff.

Mouthfeel: Creamy and medium-bodied. Carbonation is spaced out evenly, not spritzy, and is full enough to help the creaminess by the end, if that makes any sense.

Drinkability: Definitely a session beer or a brew to pair with food if you're so inclined. A solid Hefe Weizen, and I'll definitely be drinking this again.

12-09-2005 22:51:11 | More by asabreed
danielharper

3.58/5  rDev -12.7%

Purchased from Windmill Beverages, Hazel Green, AL.

A: Orange cloudy body, thin white head that sticks around.

S: Hints of clove, strong sweet orange aroma. Very inviting.

T: Oranges mostly, with a yeasty flavor and aftertaste as the beer warms.

M: Thick and interesting, but not too thick as to be difficult to drink.

D: Overall, there are certainly hefes I like more, but this really isn't a bad example of the style.

12-01-2005 23:28:48 | More by danielharper
3Vandoo

Quebec (Canada)

4.4/5  rDev +7.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A very nice Hefe Weizen, very cloudy orangish in color with a good foamy head that doesnt go away. Lot of carbonation, I mean alot, that are dancing along the walls of my glass.

Smell is very fruity, spicy, with a shy note of cereals.

Taste at first is cereal, clear and crisp, shy hoppish notes, very fruity, esters of banana and apples.

10-04-2005 06:57:58 | More by 3Vandoo
BeerBeing

4.25/5  rDev +3.7%

Presentation: 12oz brown glass generic longneck bottle, multicolored on yellow label

Appearance: cloudy golden color, big off-white head, very good lacing

Smell: clove, banana, wheat and minor yeast

Taste: medium body, crisp mouth feel, butterscotch, clove, grainess, some lemon, couldn't find any banana in it

Notes: very good

09-25-2005 13:23:25 | More by BeerBeing
emilystrange1

4.83/5  rDev +17.8%

This beer was enjoyable because the fruity taste was not overwhelming at all but does leave you with a hint of banana. Tastes much better from a glass than a bottle, obviously, or else you can't enjoy the beautiful golden color or the tasty yeast at the bottom of the bottle.

09-22-2005 07:46:47 | More by emilystrange1
TerryW

3.53/5  rDev -13.9%

Soft looking honey orange beer with a generous off white head that settles to heavy film and leaves good lacing. Comfortable looking beer.

Tasty banana-orange-clove nose with some slight sourness or lemon tartness in the background. Appetizing.

Slightly tart to taste. Orange and cloves up front with a nice lingering banana flavour. Noiceable wheat character. Perhaps a little too dry and dusty on the palate to finish up with. Working through the glass leaves a lemony puckering feel. Overall a little thin bodied.

Decent without being really remarkable, but still some interesting flavours and aromas.

09-19-2005 19:09:03 | More by TerryW
BDTyre

British Columbia (Canada)

4.22/5  rDev +2.9%

An overall good hefeweisse. Nice cloudy, glowing orange colour with a fuzzy white head. Scent of spiced-fruit and yeast. Taste is good and complex: spice, yeast, hints of fruit, malts. A bit too yeasty tasting, but this thankfully does not overpower any other flavour. A bit on the sweet side too.

As with most hefeweisse, I find this a bit too fizzy, but enjoyable, especially on a summer day.

09-18-2005 06:26:02 | More by BDTyre
Troyone

4.13/5  rDev +0.7%

Has a hazy bright apple juice color and an off white head that dissipated with evident carb action.

Has a sweet banana, cookie dough, and grainy malt smell with a pine and lemon hops aroma.

Lightly sweet, bitter, and moderately acidic grainy wheat malt taste with a grapefruit and lime hops flavor.

Light bodied, dry slightly syrupy texture, soft and lively carbonation, and a smooth slightly metallic and astringent finish.

Easy to drink, the only slight issues are the slightly unbalanced acidic taste and the slight metallic and astringent finish.

09-05-2005 00:52:27 | More by Troyone