Shamrock Jack's Pale Ale - CB Craft Brewers

No picture uploaded.

CB Craft Brewers visit their website
New York, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  4.80% ABV

(Beer added by: John on 06-23-2004)
Reviews by John:
3.85/5  rDev +1.6%

An American Pale brewed for Shamrock Jack's Steak and Seafood restaurant in Sea Breeze/Rochester. A very nice surprise find here on a recent dinner visit.

Also as a side note, while Shamrock Jack's is not really a BeerFly worthy destination, on a recent visit they had their tasty house ale, North Coast Red Seal Ale, Grant's Hefeweizen and several other decent macros - Harp, Guinness, Bass, Stella, etc. There are twelve taps total. I plan to encourage more craft brews on future visits.

Shamrock Jack's American Pale is clear gold in color. The head is pure white and well maintained. Aroma is lightly toasted grains and hops. Initial taste is bright, leafy hops. Light-medium malts follow up with some bready balance. Brewed with Pale Ale, White Wheat, Aromatic, Vienna and Caramunich malts. This brew is about the hops and it finishes hoppy and dry. Hopped with Northern Brewer, Willamette, Amarillo and Vanguard hops. The yeast adds a subtle character. This is a very drinkable brew. Enough substance to enjoy one or two, or suitable to enjoy several. Tell the barman No Stinking Chilled Glass!

John, Jun 23, 2004
3.88/5  rDev +2.4%

We were just on the outskirts of town. The snow had been coming down on us harder and harder by the minute. Were we going to get home to the safety of the beer that sits in the refridgerator? Were we going to finally know the meaning of complete satisfaction?
We arived at the house with only one thing on our minds. The idea of a cold beer on this cold day ate at my mind like a hord of ravonous termites. I had to have it. I had to know the feeling of absolute pleasure.
I poured the beer into the glass. Slowly, but not so slow that I would miss out on the thick head that would ensue. Underneath the thick white head lay a clear golden liquid that I knew held the answers to all my questions.
The smell was rich with a blend of grainy and grassy hops balanced perfectly with a blend of malts combined to give the beer both a bitter and sweet smell. The taste was just about the perfect mirror image of what I had experienced with the smell. Grainy, grassy and a touch of floral hops blend with a wonderful malty undertone.
I knew that this was what I was looking for. I knew that this wass what heaven was like. I knew that I would soon be back to this utopia. I look forward to it. I can hardly wait.

CBFanWish, Mar 03, 2005
3.65/5  rDev -3.7%

This growler was opened, and tasted one week after purchase from Custom BrewCrafters

Through a nonic, the crystal clear amber brew, with auburn highlights, raises a half inch head which quickly falls to a thin lace, and rides the beer down as the glass empties.

Subtle fruit aromas, with flowery hints dance in the glass with every sip.

A crisp, slight bite of hop flavor is balanced and lingers through a dry finish.

The light carbonation is cleansing and no film is left on the tongue or palet.

Jack's is rather thirst quenching dry brew with flavor that migrates from crisp and clear to a bit bready as it warms. This beer is worth of a second, and with light alcohol seems to be nicely within style.

SLeffler27, Mar 01, 2008
Shamrock Jack's Pale Ale from CB Craft Brewers
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.