Blue Point Blueberry - Blue Point Brewing Company

Blue Point Brewing Company visit their website
New York, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  4.60% ABV

Beer added by: Gavage on 06-22-2004

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 556 | Reviews: 193

4.77/5  rDev +35.5%

This is an excellent beer. I am lucky that I live close to this brewery. This truly is a great beer. The color a nice rich amber. The smell is fresh blueberries with a hint of hops. The light airy head releases a heavenly aroma. The taste is of a good slightly hoppy ale with a strong sweet blueberry finish. Not too cloyingly sweet, excellent with food and on a hot day. A beer the ladies will love.

4.75/5  rDev +34.9%

perhaps a little better than seadog blueberry.

4.72/5  rDev +34.1%

Im not a huge fan of fruit beers, I do enjoy them from time to time, especially in summer, but BP has hit the mark here wonderfully. Pours a golden light amber color with a bubbly white head that quickly fades to a thin lace. Huge aromas of fresh blueberries hits you immediately. Some faint hoppiness and light malt in the background. The blueberry taste is more subdued than in the smell. The flavor is delicious here, not too sweet and definitely not articificial. Super crisp with a drying finish and pleasant carbonation. I could drink this all year easily, but in summertime its even better. Highly quaffable, try this if you see it, it's been popping up everywhere lately.

4.64/5  rDev +31.8%

My favorite blueberry beer I have ever had. The use of fresh blueberries instead of a syrup helps the beer out a lot. I have had on tap and in a bottle and both are good options. Once while served on tap it was not cold enough and it really hurt the beer's flavor. When it is served cold enough it is very light and refreshing perfect for sipping on a hot summer day.

4.62/5  rDev +31.3%

This is my first review.

I have had this beer at the brewery, in a bottle and out of kegs at several bars throughout New York. The first time I had it was out of a keg and I have had that recently so I will review it that way. The first thing that hits me is the smell. There is a nice blueberry scent that is not overpowering. The color of the beer in the glass is also a nice amber. The flavor of the beer is of a medium to light body ale with a nice bit of blueberry. This is a good beer to enjoy in the summer or on other warm nights. It is very drinkable.

4.6/5  rDev +30.7%

One of my all time favorive beers! Ale is light and fresh, and crisp and has no bitterness that I normally associate with ales. Not as sweet as I thought it would be but it is a ale after all. The aroma is mostly of fresh berries. Not much blueberry taste in the initial, but possesses a strong blueberry aftertaste. A must try for fans of fruit flavored beer!

4.42/5  rDev +25.6%

I actually enjoy a good fruit beer every once in awhile. I have fond memories of my first Pyramid Apricot Ale back when I worked in Berkeley.

A- Moderate pour from a botle into Stone 11th anni pint glass. A bright & clear brassy gold color. Good 1 inch white silky foamy head, recedes without any lacing. Leaves a thin cap. Plenty of random streamers throughout.

S- This smells just like rel blueberries to me. Slight hint of biscuit. Not complex, but as advertised.

T- Once again, straight blueberry upfront, maybe not as strong as the nose though. A little more caramel biscuit, but not much more than the nose. No hops, or etoh here.

M- It almost feels creamy ast first, then the crisp carbonation takes over. Light bodied. I don't get any fruit juice resin, or aftertaste.

D- While I am not going to drink this beer, or fruit beers in general, all the time- as far as fruit beers go this one is awesome. So easy to drink, refreshing. Definetly a summer (or end of summer)treat. I'm not including sours or the like in this statement- but I would rate this as one of my favorite fruit beers. I do really like blueberries too, so I may be biased.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Blue Point Blueberry from Blue Point Brewing Company