Elm City Roggenbier - Elm City Brewing Co.

Elm City Roggenbier
No picture.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Elm City Brewing Co. visit their website
New Hampshire, United States

Roggenbier |  ABV ?

Beer added by: Bierman9 on 03-01-2005

I gave it a little bump in the ratings because i's my hometown brewery and I think they do a great job. Everything they make seems to be getting more solid. The food is good and they are very nice here.

3.85/5  rDev +4.9%

On tap at the brewpub.
I was quite surprised to see this on the menu today, thought I'd never tick this style. Pours a cloudy murky brownish amber color without much of a head even when coaxed. Smell is tart and spicy with aromas of brown bread fennel and caraway seed. Interesting nose! Taste is tart and spicy like rye toast. There is a malty sweetness that tries, but barely balances the spice coming from the tart rye malt. Lively amount of carbonation, medium body with a tart watery mouthfeel. I can't really say if this is a good example of a roggenbier because its the first I've ever seen. I will say that on this 80 degree day sitting outside with my family, I enjoyed the hell out of this beer. As for roggenbier, I need to try more examples.

2.98/5  rDev -18.8%

Copper color with a medium head and a little bit of lace on the glass. The taste is spicey and vanilla at first then turns to a long-lasting bitter, sour finish. Some spices mixed in. Wasn't that great but seemed to be a decent effort. Overall probably in the average range.

3.85/5  rDev +4.9%

This German rye beer is a cloudy copper, medium body. thin white head 2" thick disipated quickly.

smells of spices and wheat with a hint of Banana and vinegar.

Taste is full and complex, dry and spicey with Banana hints along with a sour note of olives.Light but very effective malt, fine balance.

feels good on the palate, dry and clean. really dances with the taste buds.

they might have to throw me out!

Elm City Roggenbier from Elm City Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.