Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Nero’s Apecchio Red Ale - Amarcord Birra Artigianale Italiana

Nero’s Apecchio Red AleNero’s Apecchio Red Ale

Amarcord Birra Artigianale Italiana visit their website

American Amber / Red Ale |  6.50% ABV

Beer added by: mactrail on 12-03-2011

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
3.46/5  rDev +13.1%

Appearance: nice amber yellow colour, with a remarkably thick head that lasts a long while.
Smell: a bit sour and carbonated, not remarkable.
Taste: light for an ale, but nothing against it.
Mouthfeel: finally, a beer that doesn't throw its fizz in your face. Somewhat thick, not at all sharp.
Overall: I would never have expected italian beer to exist, let alone be this good.

3.64/5  rDev +19%

I bought this beer at Trader Joe's. Italy is not known for its beers, it is known for its red wines. Since it wasn't a Larger I thought I'd give it a try.

The bottle is a good way to attract customers, a really cool looking bottle. It definitely gets ones attention.

A: It poured well leaving a good head which dissipated rather quickly. It is a light amber color with a slight amber head and a slightly cloudy appearance.

S: I liked the aroma. It smelled slightly sweet to me with a hint of fruitiness.

T: I enjoyed the taste with a hint of fruit, caramel, slight taste of yeast, and a mild metallic taste. I usually don't like a metallic taste but this tended to wear off quickly so it didn’t bother me.

M: It didn't leave a bad after taste nor was it overly carbonated. I liked the feel of it.

Overall I liked this beer and would buy it again. It isn't a perfect beer nor would I say it lived up to a true Red Ale but it was good, and considering the beer's Italy puts out I would say this is a step up. Who knows, maybe one day Italy will make beer as good as their wine. ….Maybe!

2.75/5  rDev -10.1%

Purchased at Trader Joe's in Brookline--$3.50 for an attractive swing-top bottle. (I also picked up a bottle of "1st Century Double Dark Malt Ale" from the same brewery, to be reviewed at some later point.) I was hoping for something interesting, given the presentation and the buzz about Italian beers I've been hearing lately.

The bottle opened with a satisfying pop, but right from the pour I was a bit disappointed--nice reddish color, but very little head and no retention. Aroma was a bit indistinct--not much happening. Taste was, unfortunately, bland and off-putting, metallic even. Mouthfeel was very fizzy and thin.

Overall, I was hoping for more--perhaps the companion bottle will be more satisfying.

2.74/5  rDev -10.5%

Poured to brandy glass red reddish auburn color Very lightheaded
Scent: very bready
Taste: sweet start, then Carmel. Very bready finish.
Mouthfeel: Very thin,light
Overall: alright, but will not buy again? I know others who would enjoy this more than me.

1.92/5  rDev -37.3%

Comes in a 500ml amber flip-top bottle from Trader Joe's for $2. Might be a sale price for getting rid of old stock (at this price, it's worth getting just for the bottle alone if you're a homebrewer). The good news is the beer is basically free, the bad news is it's almost undrinkable.

Pours with a thick layer of fine bubbly foam. Color is a standard amber. Smells of roasted malt and piss. Starts off piny and quickly develops a hint of fusels and a harsh, lingering bitterness. Not very appetizing at all.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last