Sünner Kölsch - Gebr. Sünner GmbH & Co. KG

Sünner KölschSünner Kölsch

Gebr. Sünner GmbH & Co. KG visit their website
Germany

Kölsch |  5.40% ABV

(Beer added by: allboutbierge on 11-13-2003)
2.25/5  rDev -40.3%

2.38/5  rDev -36.9%

Poured out straw yellow with a nice foaming white head that dissipitated well into loose lacing around the rim. Almost looks like a macro lager.

Very light smell. Almost zesty citrus characters and some slight malts. Almost rice like in quality aswell.

Very light flavour. Sweet malts, and some slight hoppy characters. Almost tastes like drinking Budweiser or Miller, which is not a good thing.

It is quite easy drinking, but is almost watery. I have never really been a huge fan of kolsch, and I think this has turned me off even more. Very watery, almost a lighter taste similar to heineken.

2.5/5  rDev -33.7%

2.5/5  rDev -33.7%

2.53/5  rDev -32.9%

Sunner kolsch 5.4% abv

A: Very thin mild yellow tones with apple cider and minimal carbonation. I purchased this at a high-end pizzeria and was disappointed while the waiter incorrectly poured this disappointment with aplomb. No lacing, no need.

S: Some sweetness liked cooked fruit or sweet vegetables, just a crisp sweetness that disappears instantly.

T: It just felt mildly grassy and had some interesting, albeit fleeting. The sweet notes were not resounding and were ultimately grasping at relevance like The Green Mile.

M: This felt pretty good on the old mouthfeel front, it just delivered enough not to have me relegate it to a Bitburger purgatory. I can see Europeans with their flawed commercial tastes enjoying this like an episode of Piers Morgan. Overall, this is boring and I would rather have a cheaper, more flawed brew like Rolling Rock. I just said that.

D: This is exceptionally drinkable but the question lingers, would you really? The type of people in possession of this are the same as a car collector who could buy a limited VW GTI and just never drive it. It doesn’t do anything well enough that you would seek it out and just being drinkable is not enough. I can make a really drinkable beer by cutting any beer with .33 water. That does not make it good. This is not a deal, it is not your confidant, it just, as ancient Arabic philosophy notes “A Place Holding Zero.”

Narrative: “Oh great, another argument about this? I feel like this happens way too often.” The chief cheese sommelier for Kraft American singles found himself rolling his sleeves up far too often. “Oh you think you are just gonna SIT IN SEAT 19b? I’m sorry Mr. Fancy Cheese maker!” He sighed, knowing the extent of the marketing campaign, the extent of foodies’ irrational hatred, and the monicre that the merger with Nestle had imparted. “Listen, I am not trying to be a fancy anything, I just want to check my bags and” he could see their eyes all leveled at him, screeching childhood obesity epithets, their spiteful glances, the forthcoming envelopes full of frightening white powder. “OK OK ENOUGH! I am a cheese. Maker. That is it, I don’t aspire to be the best, I am mediocre and I recognize that, who among you can admit their mediocrity?” The eyes of the cabin all leveled, checking themselves, except one errant Korean man who proudly declared “why can you has to making cheese? I AM 19B!” The hoi polloi nodded in approval of this reproach.

2.7/5  rDev -28.4%

I had a 16.9 ounce bottle and poured the beer into a half liter glass. A nice pale yellow color with a little head. I could barely smell anything, I think there was a faint grass smell. I could not taste anything, the beer was almost tasteless. There was no aftertaste, and only a little hop bitterness. It was almost like drinking water, so I'd consider this as a good thirst quencher.

2.75/5  rDev -27.1%

Pours a light yellow color with quickly diminishing head. Aroma is sweet with distinct grass and wheat flavors. Taste is surprisingly sweet on the front end with almost a sour apple flavor. Finishing is bitter hops with very strong wheat and cereal notes.

2.98/5  rDev -21%

Have recently purchased this beer for the first time at two different locations. Every bottle has "floaties"! Wazup wid dat? This is a Kolsch beer; it's NOT bottle-conditioned.

I thought a Kolsch was supposed to be clear, like a lager. It poured a nice head, kept the lacing in the glass, but the bottle and the glass maintained the "floaties" throughout. They never really settled on the bottom. I also left appx 1-inch of beer in the bottle... just like pouring a home-brewed beer!

Anyone got any input here? Please reply to [email protected]

Tan-ta-taaaan (thats supposed to be an onomatopoeia.) Welcome to the land of mediocre; population, like 15 different kölsches.

Went out of my way to get this one. Well, not really, it was at the market in the Schildergasse kaufhof so I got it and, whoop-dee-doo, alongside most other kölsches, this one fits your sharp golden pour some carbonation small head that fades sorta description. visually.

Smell? blech, all the same. still. And the taste ranges from a watery sort of pils with a bit extra wheat that doesn't really do it for me. really. nothing exciting about it.

A: Clear light gold. Looks and pours like a lager. Big white head.

S: Inoffensive lager.

T: Strewth, it's like Becks in a different bottle, but slightly more bitter. Clean with absolutely no character. Has that typically flat hop/malt combination common in mass produced European lagers. Unlike a lot of them though it's very clean. I'm not getting any fruit at all.

O: I suppose it's refreshing in that it's a drinkable liquid which doesn't taste of tar water but otherwise it's nothing. I'm sure that there are people who'd enjoy it a lot, but as a Brit who's fed up with the multiplicity of soulless European lagers on tap I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, ever.

Sünner Kölsch from Gebr. Sünner GmbH & Co. KG