Pit Bull - City Brewing Company, LLC

awful

City Brewing Company, LLC visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Malt Liquor |  10.20% ABV

(Beer added by: TastyTaste on 09-10-2006)
Reviews by mrmanning:
1.73/5  rDev +28.1%

Thanks for the can Chris! The dog unleashes a liquid orange under a fizzy froth, leaving no lace. Aromas of corn syrup, alcohol, grains and bread. Tastes sickly sweet for a malt liquor, but this covers up some of the booze. Very fusely, but not that offensive. Must be the "special ice brewing". Not nearly as bad as expected.

1.05/5  rDev -22.2%

Wow, I fully bought into the hype of the purple package on this fine beer. I was shopping Shangy's for my big summer party and this affordable case of purple pounders caught my eye. Tossed one in the freezer when I got home and pulled it out for a taste after loading the other 9 cases of beer into the fridge. I could not believe how bad it tasted.

Sweet like antifreeze, no redeeming qualities except that it can be used to get rid of annoying tailgaters. The can is the only thing worth a score of better than zero.

I recently had this at local college tailgate. The first can I tried lasted one sip and it was then promptly placed in the trash. Later on in the day my Rogue Mocha Porter was taken and held hostage until I finished (suffered thru) a sufficient amount. Very reluctantly I gave it a second chance. Wow was that a mistake. It taste like children's allergy medicine. Who would willing purchase this stuff and why would they serve it at a tailgate. That is unless they wanted to get rid of me, but I brought 10 lbs of wings and @$$cookies not a 30pack of Miller lite. This stuff is not good.

1.27/5  rDev -5.9%

A - Didn't bother pouring this one. UPDATE: Looked like corn syrup when I poured it down the sink.

S - Sugar, vinegar, fruity candy, smells kind of like a fruity soda.

T - Rotten/fermented fruit, disgusting sweet bitter flavor. Struggled to keep drinking.

M - Syrupy, like thin sugar water.

D - Only paid 50 cents for it and I can't say it was worth it. I reviewed this beer to warn others to stay away from it. I don't know why I drank as much of it as I did (half the can). Disgusting. Really wondering what the "brewer" was thinking with this shit.

A - Very clear, gold color. Large, light, foamy, bubbly, white head. Rises fast and disappears just as fast leaving no lace.

S - Sweet, alcoholic grape drank aroma. Some more sweet, grape jolly rancher as well. Hints of corn/corn alcohol.

T - More sweet, alcoholic grape drank. Both cloyingly sweet and alcoholic heat. Cough syrup and grape jolly rancher abound. Some apple cider vinegar as well.

M - Light body, lots of carbonation. Cloying and sticky with a bit of a zesty feel.

D - Very hard to drink, even for a cheap malt liquor. Cloying, sticky, sweet and alcoholic. Not enjoyable.

Notes: We noticed a 4 pack of these for cheap and were in a malt liquor partying mood. In hindsight, even this mood and the price did not justify getting these. We struggled through these, and I mean struggled. Sweet, alcoholic, grape drank with notes of unpleasant apple cider vinegar. Avoid unless you want to try truly bad malt liquor or are for some reason a big fan of grape drank.

1.4/5  rDev +3.7%

Sampled due to beerhandy you bastard and Blue Max BIF.

OK I am pretty sure that this was a joke on me by beerhandy.

In the glass this is a clear yellow beer nearing gold with a good whitehead. Pity that this actually looks like a good lager in the glass.

Smell is sweet and very fruity almost as if this has been fermented too hot to speed up the process. There is a fairly strong lemon aroma here.

Taste is sweet and fruity in taste and even a bit spiced.... WITH A WICKED WEIRD AFTERTASTE! Rather than look up the number for the poison control hot line I decide to stop right there.

Mouthfeel is gasoline.

Truth be told it this is similar to DFH Liqueur De Malt. Truth be told I need never taste DFH Liqueur De Malt ever again. The myth is confirmed, this is swill!

1.4/5  rDev +3.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

a: light macro color, very clear, very little head that dissapears fast leaving no lacing
s: the aroma kind of reminds me of diesel fuel, alcohol aroma very present
t: starts really sweet but the after taste really burns
m: light bodied average carbonation

overall this is a very cheap beer and i dont think that i will ever buy it again

I think I might have found the worst beer I've ever drank. I found the 24oz. can staring at me longingly in a cooler at a party store in Michigan just over the MI-IN state line.
Never ever trust a purple pit bull wearing a gold chain. I drank less than half as I just couldn't handle the way it tasted and I have drank a ton of malt liquor.
Avoid this beer at all costs unless there is no other alternative.

1.53/5  rDev +13.3%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Maybe the crown jewel in the malt liquor univers, the can is simply too much. Comes packaged in four packs of 16 oz. cans. The cans are black, with a purple pitbull behind a silver chain link fence. It's bad. The worst part? The Pitbull is wearing a gold chain with a medallion (diamond encrusted, of course) that reads "PB". Just terrible, much like the beer!

Gold body, ok head. Smell and taste are corn and raw alcohol, the flavor is bad. Abrasive and bad, this beer abides by the cheap + strong = bad beer formula. I would avoid the beer, except for the hilarious can.

1.1/5  rDev -18.5%

My brother saw this at Shangy's and thought that it would be interesting to try... mostly thanks to the eye-catching purple and black can. He was right. It certainly was, errrr, "interesting".

With 10.2% ABV and a case of pounders going for about $11, how bad could it possibly be? Little did we suspect...

A: I did not pour it out of the can as I assumed the brewmaster would want it to be consumed in the original container, perhaps with a brown paper bag around the outside of it. I gave the 2.0 for sake of the graphics. No clue on the brew itself.

S: Alcohol, cough syrup, sweet sweet sweet. Not nice.

T: It was bad when it was cold. It actually got worse as it warmed up. Rancid grapes and rotting corn comes to mind. Not sure what to make of the aftertaste.

M: Tried to not keep it in my mouth for that long.

D: It was an act of sheer heroism to finish the can. A second can was not in the cards.

This case will last a while but there is a potentially useful side to all this. When we have someone hanging around our tailgate that we want to leave, we can sic the ol' Pit Bull on them and enjoy the ensuing mayhem.

1.1/5  rDev -18.5%

This beer was my wifes idea of a joke. Thanks honey. I think? The beer was served ice cold and poured into a shaker pint.

Appearance: The beer pours a clear golden coloration. The head was a thick off white and quickly resolved into a thin film.

Smell: The aroma reminds me of a combination of corny vegetable water and rubbing alcohol. Pretty bad!...

Taste: A very alcohol laden corn sweet flavor. Man is that sweet!... A very funky flavor attempts to break up a cloying sweetness.

Mouthfeel/ Drinkability: Who am I kidding? This beer is a sweet alcohol mess. This may be the worst beer I have ever partaken of. Not certain but I think it gives Crazy Eds Chili Beer a run for worst beer ever. Gag!... My apologies to the drain. I am sure I heard it cry out in revolsion as the beer hit the drain.

24oz can bought specifically for this review

look i can;t comment on, cuz im drinking out tha can. smell is nondescript; grainy, some sweet apple. taste is SWEET: i can't tell if it's the can playing tricks on me but it tastes slightly purple. beyond the sickly sweetness there is only fizzy hard-water and some alcohol bite/spice.

A sweet alcoholic seltzer, almost like a 10% bud light spiked with some grape robo. If you got the DTs - this should be your jam. (Full disclosure: I didn't finish the can)

Figured I would drink this one in "honor" of Mike Vick. Anyways, this was by far the worst Malt Liquor I've ever had. I say that, because I actually enjoy a good ML every now and then. I couldn't finish it and had to pour over 3/4 the can down the drain. The taste was of an ashtray(I am guessing), rotten fruit, alcohol, and butt(I am guessing). If there were a 0, I would have given this one across the board. I was expecting a little something better, but this one left me very disappointed.

1.25/5  rDev -7.4%

1.15/5  rDev -14.8%

Yeeecchhh. Poured with a thick rich foamy head. best thing that can be said about this which I tried at the Between the Bluffs Beer Fest. cloyingly sweet aroma, no hops. Very sweet, syrupy flavor and body. Ditto finish. Deep yellow color. Grim if you have to drink this.

1.33/5  rDev -1.5%

Over 10%! 24 ounce can. Clear light yellow body with a small, quickly diminishing white foam. Nose mainly stinks of fusels, corn and skunk. Flavor is awful, dominated by alcohol and corn. Can't drink more than a few sips. Just a terrible brew, but not the worst I've had. By the way, nice rap Ernest!

Pit Bull from City Brewing Company, LLC