Milwaukee Premium Brewing Company Classic Ice - City Brewing Company, LLC

Milwaukee Premium Brewing Company Classic IceMilwaukee Premium Brewing Company Classic Ice

poor

City Brewing Company, LLC visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  6.00% ABV

(Beer added by: NeroFiddled on 09-15-2006)
tyleeis

06-10-2014 02:43:35 | More by tyleeis
Drinking_Mantis

11-29-2012 01:10:51 | More by Drinking_Mantis
RonaldTheriot

Louisiana

2.53/5  rDev +25.2%

Classic Ice has a thick, yellow-white, quickly-dissipating head and a clear, bubbly appearance, with no lacing. The aroma is musty grain husk, with some sickly-sweet aspect to it. The flavor is of sweet grains, alcohol, and some apples. The mouthfeel is light to medium, and Classic Ice finishes relatively mild and even refreshing. Overall, this is a pretty low average beer that one will be lucky to not ever encounter.

RJT

09-04-2012 16:50:33 | More by RonaldTheriot
Wiredshut

2.28/5  rDev +12.9%

Owner of the store where I always get my beer gave me this 40oz for free to try out. He knows I buy Mickey 40oz and so he wanted me to let him know how it is. Anyways, won;t be buying this again that's for sure.
Beer is not good at all. Magnum is way better than this. Although the smell ain't that bad in my opinion, but the after taste is bad. Also don't taste the alcohol that much which is good.

07-18-2012 03:41:08 | More by Wiredshut
tjsdomer2

1.2/5  rDev -40.6%

Appearance: A bit darker than Classic Ice. Still, quite flat to me.

Smell: Putrid. Smells like spoiled veggies.

Taste/Mouthfeel: Nasty, sticky, rotten cabbage feel combined with a sour mineral water flavor.

Overall: Quite terrible. Avoid the Classics.

02-26-2012 20:18:04 | More by tjsdomer2
durwood64

01-10-2012 17:04:51 | More by durwood64
emerge077

2.13/5  rDev +5.4%

So here we are with "Classic Ice". Have to first commend the designer for pairing the "classic" script font with display caps for "ice". Gets the point across in a special way, emphasis on "special". Cheap and generic blue/silver color scheme.

Fizzling foam, pale anemic gold color. Rapidly rising carbonation. Thin cirrus scab of foam on the surface, ring of white around the edges.

Swilly smell, sweet apple and clean vague malt. Not terrible, and no alcohol presence thankfully.

Swig some, ugh. Astringent and grainy. Apple, manila folders, saltines. Seriously, is there a shit beer recipe these guys are passing around, cause it all tastes the same. Fizzy and astringent, hits you with some harshness. Blech. Tastes pretty gross with a mealy aftertaste. Can't get with this, dumping the rest out. No big surprise, considering the source.

12-12-2011 01:58:42 | More by emerge077
gio540

12-02-2011 09:24:33 | More by gio540
fmccormi

11-14-2011 22:36:29 | More by fmccormi
richkrull

2.65/5  rDev +31.2%

Poured this one into a pint glass from a tallboy can I got out of my mystery beer machine.

Pours a pale straw color with very little head. Smells very similar to malt liquor - you can smell the alcohol. Tastes pretty much how it smells. A bit off-putting but can be stomached. Smooth light feel, goes down pretty easy. You could definitely put down a pile of these if you're looking to get drunk. Not terrible especially for the price.

01-31-2011 23:32:18 | More by richkrull
TMoney2591

2.2/5  rDev +8.9%

Served in a snifter.

And SwillFest 1.5 rolls on! Anything that alleges being brewed by a company called "Drink Beer, LLC" has to be amazing, right? This one pours a clear apple juice topped by about a finger or so of short-lived white foam. The nose comprises wheat, banana, and rice. The taste holds notes of slightly rotted wheat, rice, and grass straight from the vast farmlands of our own Midwest. The body is light, with a light moderate carbonation, a watery feel, and a dry finish. Overall, not much fun happening here at all. And, just as a side note, it's even worse when allowed to warm up for a while.

12-25-2010 03:51:00 | More by TMoney2591
Vdubb86

Served in a snifter

Kyle got this...I'm done thanking him for this stuff

The beer pours a pale golden straw with slightly any head. The smell is pretty weak like. I think that it was pretty malty, but not really good in the slightest. The taste is well not impressive in the slightest, but that is what tall boys will tend to get you. The mouthfeel is rather not pleasant. I have really no to much to say about anything for this beer other than I do not care much for this beer and it sucks hardcore.

12-24-2010 07:35:48 | More by Vdubb86
BeerConnoiseur

1.8/5  rDev -10.9%

When I was at the beer distributor they had a sale for this beer for only $12.00....I figured what the hell....why not...Shoulda known better!!!

Apperance, same color as any low quality beer.

Smell, horrible, worse then what a normal beer smells like because it is sickening sweet.

Taste, sickening sweet and overly carbonated. I actually disliked the entire taste of it.

Mouthfeel, couldn't finish it.

Drinkability, maybe if I was a soldier in the desert dying of thirst...ummm....MAYBE NOT.

CHEERS!

10-12-2010 23:58:44 | More by BeerConnoiseur
tone77

Poured from a 12 oz. can. Has a light golden color with a small head. Smell is fairly mild, some malts and corn. Taste is crisp, some malts and corn, a touch of alcohol. Feels light in th emouth and overall this is about THE definition of an average beer by my grades, drinkable in a pinch, but not worth seeking out.

01-09-2010 15:55:23 | More by tone77
woodychandler

2.25/5  rDev +11.4%

I CAN't believe that I am having a breakfast beer, but coffee is still brewing and I did not get to this one last night before going off to watch the NFL Network, so ...

A finger of foamy, bubbly, bone-white head from the pour but with low retention. Color was a light golden-yellow with NE-quality clarity. Nose was lager-sweet but underlain with cereal. Oh my. I am really getting tired of these sad lagers that so many brew up and CAN for somebody's (not mine) enjoyment. Mouthfeel was thin-to-medium with a cereal/lager sweetness on the tongue. There is NO way I could discern this from many of the others in a blind taste test. Ho hum. Finish was mildly sweet, fairly pleasant, just so so.

12-26-2009 12:33:33 | More by woodychandler
NOOGIE

1.6/5  rDev -20.8%

A couple days ago I was remembering when my roomates would say, I was the only one who could drink this beer, I guess other people have drunken this beer also. Glad to know. When I was in Whitewater this liquour store would carry 48-pack cases of this beer, for only $10.00 what a deal! That right there was a deal unto itself. This beer really don't offer much.

Apperance, same color as any beer.

Smell, horrible, worse then what a normal beer should smell like, you ever smell a pipe that is EXACTLY what it smells like.

Taste not overly bad, but to my friends they thought it was like warm piss, to me it tasted rusty and dry, no flavor at all.

Mouthfeel, I wanted to get this one down quick!

And Drinkability, only for those who like drinking metal?

I say if you are daring try this one out, you might not remember what you did the night before, it helped make the cold December nights in my house with no heat a light nicer. CHEERS!

04-08-2008 22:25:28 | More by NOOGIE
granger10

1.65/5  rDev -18.3%

Another beer I got on the corner store by my apartment for purposes of getting quarters. 25 cents for this can. Figured I'd give it a try. Pours a pale golden color with almost a creamy white head. No bubbles racing to the top though head retention was decent. Smells like downtown Milwaukee when the winds go westward. If you don't know what that is, it smells like sewer water. Taste is really not much better. Very bland but the aroma lingers in the back of my tongue. It's also a tad burning. Only 6.0% abv but really taste stronger with a corn alcohol flavor. Really terrible. I need to just keep a quarter jar and not put my body through this.

10-12-2006 22:24:07 | More by granger10
NeroFiddled

3.15/5  rDev +55.9%

Classic Ice delivers a beautiful, crystal clear, deep gold body beneath a frothy head of white that holds well and leaves some nice lacing about the glass.

The nose offers a "generic" beer aroma with a touch of yeasty fruitiness and hint of alcohol thrown in.

The flavor is fuller than the aroma suggests, and it has a surprising amount of malt to it. It's clean except for an edge of alcohol. It displays a touch of sweetish "malt", a bit of fruit (white grape), and some somewhat-floral and mildly grassy/leafy hops. It's backed by a firm bitterness.

In the mouth it's medium bodied and smooth and creamy with a moderate carbonation.

Overall, it's not that bad. 6.0% is on par with some of the malt liquors out there, if that's what you're going for, and it tastes better. And I'd doubt it's made in any other way. It certainly doesn't seem as if a special freezing process is used, just the name "ice". A malt liquor by any other name....

09-15-2006 21:11:54 | More by NeroFiddled