Game Day Ice - City Brewing Company, LLC

awful

City Brewing Company, LLC visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.50% ABV

(Beer added by: VaTechHopHead on 04-28-2010)
View: Beers (35) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Distilled10

2.13/5  rDev +15.1%

A - A lighter pale color to it, nothing to it to be honest.

S- Like cheep corn..

T- Not impressed, poor taste, some what of a disgrace to put in to you mouth.

M- Not the best feel, but it's not too bad. Leaves a different aftertaste.

D- Nothing to it at all. You could honestly drink these as if you were to drink a glass of water..

01-02-2011 02:18:22 | More by Distilled10
IlIlIllIlIllIlIl

1.9/5  rDev +2.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

EACH CAN COSTS 50 CENTS!

I just poured some into a glass for the review but it's better straight from the can. This is not glass beer. Maybe a coffee cup with a lid for when you're pulling an all nighter at the train station after a long night of panhandling. Then it is damn good beer.

A - like urine with urine bubbles instead of foam

S- not much there but I've said the same for A rated beers. I get some sweet corny malt and alcohol soaked in ashtray pennies that I got panhandling.

T- corn syrup malt and some type of strange liquor. aftertaste is not so bad

M- I can savor these all day

D- Until I puke

12-31-2010 03:15:32 | More by IlIlIllIlIllIlIl
7beerphil

Maryland

1.95/5  rDev +5.4%

7-11 Special...Only one left on the shelf (not sure if that's good or bad?) Poured from the 24 oz "tall boy" can into a Budweiser pint glass.

The 1 cm of head (being generous here) faded immediately. no lacing. Definitely urine colored, some bubbles rising from the bottom of the glass.

Has an apple-like sweet smell. Tastes bland and watery at first, but then fades to a pretty bad alcohol taste. One would think this was a malt liquor of +10% abv, but alas it is nearly half at 5.5%. Not a rough mouthfeel at first, but the lingering sourness is gross.

Overall this is not very drinkable! I would much rather be drinking Steel Reserve...at least the 211 is 8.1% and doesn't have such a terrible, lingering after taste. Avoid, unless you only have $1.65 for a tallboy, in which case you can probably find something of higher abv and get a better "bang" for your buck!

12-12-2010 19:45:01 | More by 7beerphil
civilizedpsycho

1.55/5  rDev -16.2%

Poured can into pint glass.

Appearance: Pours a pale gold color that is crystal clear. It did have a nice head, and that was about it's only redeeming quality.

Smell: Does not have an appealing smell. Has a little bit of a grassy smell that is quite a turn off.

Taste: Very watery taste. There's not much flavor at all and the little bit of taste there is....is simply not good.

Mouthfeel: Very thin and watery. Not good.

Drinkability: This is not even very good for beer pong. We found ourselves celebrating when it ran out and we reverted back to Bud Light.

10-12-2010 20:06:48 | More by civilizedpsycho
dstc

1.27/5  rDev -31.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

7/11 special. Pours a clear, pale gold color with a full head. Head fell very slow to about nothing with no real lace to speak of.

Has a light lager smell filled with corn and some off aroma.

Taste is of cheap grains, some chemical or metallic taste and a bit of sweetness.

Thin and watery in the mouth.

Not a good beer. I don't understand it though because the can says Premium Brewed. Why would they lie to me? Why?

09-23-2010 12:23:18 | More by dstc
nick76

2.13/5  rDev +15.1%

The aroma is like a cheap lager however there isn't much to it. There is some sweet malt but also alcohol, adjuncts, and dish water. The appearance is pale gold with a large head that fades. The taste is like the aroma. The palate is thin but OK for the style. Overall this is a cheap beer and tastes like it. It's nothing disappointing because I wasn't expecting much.

08-30-2010 00:28:32 | More by nick76
dopehousex3

1.15/5  rDev -37.8%

Has to be one of the worst tasting beers I have ever tasted. My friend boght me one from 711 and I really really tried to enjoy it but half way into the tall can I had to throw it away. The main thing I hate about this beer was the taste just horrible. Please don't even bother with it save your 1.79 and buy something else.

08-28-2010 03:01:29 | More by dopehousex3
Keblar

1.3/5  rDev -29.7%

Oh my god, what is this stuff? I don't hate many beers, but this just made my list. I hate Bud and Bud light, but I can at least stomach them; not sure about this though.

Decent pale amber color, but it looks artificial. Sweet corny flavor; like a hint of Cap'n Crunch, but instead of milk it's swimming in Steel Reserve, and instead of a kind of guilty pleasure, it's just ick. Strong Bready aroma.

There is no love in this brew and there is no appreciation to be found even ironically.

07-30-2010 01:20:52 | More by Keblar
woodychandler

1.2/5  rDev -35.1%

I CAN't avoid these beers - I'm on The CANQuest (TM)! CAN you dig it?!?

My pour began with two fizzy fingers' worth of bone-white head that fell like Gerald Ford trying to board a plane. Color was a deep golden-yellow with NE-quality clarity and loads of CO2 bubbles in evidence. Nose had the grape bubble gum scent that I have come to associate with only the worst of this (pretty bad) style. I CANnot say that I was overjoyed by the prospect of this beer. Mouthfeel was medium and it tasted of everything that CAN be bad with an AAL - corn, fermented grain - like silage, a grapiness that should not be present. Ugh. Finish was more of the same, leaving me sad and disheartened that such a beer is being produced. F this!

07-21-2010 19:03:20 | More by woodychandler
TMoney2591

1.55/5  rDev -16.2%

Served in a Coca-Cola flared pint glass.

Okay, so I was negatively bemused with the Light version. Here's hoping that things pick up now that it's Ice, Ice, baby. The pour is almost as depressing as the Light: The only salvation is a touch extra yellow in the color; still, it's insanely pale and the finger of white fizz on top dies away pretty quickly. The nose is actually there, but just barely: hints (and only hints) of light corn syrup, puffed rice, and light wheat. As weak as the edifice already is, it's condemned when the taste buds get a chance to experience it. The elements of the smell are there, sorta, but drowning. Worse, there's a strange sweetness there too, so random and blunt that Parker Brothers (well, Hasbro now) is considering adding it as a potential murder weapon in Clue (or Cluedo, for all those Limeys out there). And, trust me, it is indeed a weapon on par with a wrench, a pipe, even a piano leg. Boo this. The body is excessively light, with a sad excuse for a carbonation and, like it's Light cousin, a very watery feel. Wow. Why did I just do this to myself?

07-19-2010 02:09:10 | More by TMoney2591
Carpathia

Appearance: The can itself is average. Easily the best part. The beer? I have no idea. I imagine it is a black hole, sucking the soul out of everything around it.

Smell: It reminds me of a store I was in that had a sewage spill. I'd like to say it smells of "hops" (there are none), "malts," or even "beer," but it just doesn't.

Taste: This is the taste of shame. I detect a bit of metallic orange that sets in after like, a second, of the drink touching my tongue. Willingly drinking this, however, makes me wonder what I'm doing with my life where God would allow such a curse to be fall me.

Mouthfeel: I try not to keep it in the mouth long enough to actually give this a rating.

Drinkability: Nonexistent. You'd have to remove your taste buds to find this remotely drinkable.

I originally purchased this as a form of insect control for some plants of mine as a "beer trap". I have a feeling it won't even be good at that.

06-23-2010 00:50:50 | More by Carpathia
pmcadamis

24 oz can purchased for 99 cents at a gas station in Joliet.

A - Yellow and fizzy.

S - Foul. Noxious armpit like aromas steam out of this brew.

T - Chemicals, bleach, and spit. Bleh.

M - Super-carbonated and acidic.

D - No thank you. This was worse than I could have ever expected.

06-22-2010 18:19:51 | More by pmcadamis
armock

2.5/5  rDev +35.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

A - Poured a clear golden color with a white head that fades quickly to nothing

S - Is mostly of sweet grainy malt

T - Follows the nose with a lot of sweet malt that has a grainy taste to it

M - this beer has a medium body with medium carbonation to it

D - Well this wouldn't be my first choice by any means but for what it is it is better than other crap beers out there I liked the light version better

06-19-2010 09:21:24 | More by armock
Beerbuddha

Louisiana

1.43/5  rDev -22.7%

Picked this up at 7-11.

Appearance - Pale yellow in color with a huge, rocky white head which dissapates very quickly. NO lacing present at all.

Smell - Very sweet maltiness. Slight hints of cat pee.

Taste - The 5.5% alcohol is noticeable. I taste corn, bread, malt sweetness.

Mouthfeel -VERY carbonated and thin body

Overall - Ok I have an appreciation for well done macro lagers but this one is not one. Honestly this is a drain pour for me. I wouldn't recommend this to no one. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

06-15-2010 19:08:41 | More by Beerbuddha
AgingWarrior

2.23/5  rDev +20.5%

I bought this can on a whim at my local 7-11. Pours a very pale yellow into my pint glass. Aggressive pour produced a nice frothy head, but it dissipated almost immediately and provide only minimal lacing.

Smells a little like grassy grains, but has a "medicinal" scent to it. Not very pleasant or inviting.

Taste is a lot like the smell. Not very good.

Mouth feel is thin and fizzy.

Easy to drink, but why would you want to?

Will not purchase again.

05-14-2010 13:43:37 | More by AgingWarrior
wchesak

South Carolina

2.33/5  rDev +25.9%

Label says Ice Ale underneath name
Poured into Stone Ruination pint glass

A - bubbly white head, disappears quickly, transparent straw color, lots of bubbles

S - bready, very light hops

T - maltier than the GD light I just had, aftertaste has a slight dry bitter hop flavor, alcohol is ever so noticeable

M - bit more bodied than GD light, way carbonated

D - this is Busch level maybe just below Bud Light or Miller Lite, much better than the Light version, still dont think id purchase it even if its cheaper than other BMC like beer

04-30-2010 04:07:20 | More by wchesak
VaTechHopHead

1.63/5  rDev -11.9%

Big brother to the newly contracted 7-Eleven beer, Game Day Light. To sum this beer up...now there's a third wheel in the crappy American "Ice" beer category to compete with Natty Ice and Beast Ice. And accordingly it tastes just as bad. Game on!!

04-28-2010 00:06:33 | More by VaTechHopHead