Who's Your Daddy? Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Porter - Tyranena Brewing Company

Who's Your Daddy? Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial PorterWho's Your Daddy? Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Porter

Tyranena Brewing Company visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Porter |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: DaPeculierDane on 03-23-2006)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
« first ‹ prev | 76-100 | 101-125 | 126-150  | next › last »
DaPeculierDane

Wisconsin

4.55/5  rDev +5.3%

On tap at Wonder’s Pub in Madison’s wonderful Atwood neighborhood at a Madison Homebrewers and Tasters Guild meeting.

Holy stinking Mouthfeel Batman! This is so wonderfully silky. It just coats the tongue and mouth. Superbly drinkable, did someone say this was an imperial, and barrel aged none the less…no way.

I am incredibly impressed here. This is the best beer I’ve had from this brewery bar none. I was hesitant at first because generally I find bourbon barrel to mean Jim Beam like sludge. Now, I don’t care for Jim Beam and I really don’t like sludge so usually I don’t like Bourbon Barrel stuff. This is different.

The Bourbon is very subtle and more oaky than Bourbonish. The chocolates are huge and plentiful. This is very clearly a porter. The bourbon comes second.

This was my first try and I was frankly too blown away by the MF, Drinkability, and Chocolate in the nose and taste too notice much else. I will try this one several times more and rereview soon.

Oh, the Appearance…nearly perfect. Dark, thick, beautiful and with a nice cream lacing crown.

A very fine beer.

03-23-2006 05:37:27 | More by DaPeculierDane
« first ‹ prev | 76-100 | 101-125 | 126-150  | next › last »
Who's Your Daddy? Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Porter from Tyranena Brewing Company