2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

WPA (Wisconsin Pale Ale) - South Shore Brewery

WPA (Wisconsin Pale Ale)WPA (Wisconsin Pale Ale)

South Shore Brewery visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

(Beer added by: Strix on 01-23-2012)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 5 | Reviews: 2 | Show All Ratings:
Reviews by Strix:
Strix

4.25/5  rDev +3.7%

Orange-copper, nice initial head, very good lacing.

Pine the primary aroma, slight grapefruit hint.

Nice malt base, caramel notes, then a huge wash of Cascadey pine. Sharp, crisp pine/citric finish. Nice lingering hop flavor on this, and balanced enough they can get away with it without being overwhelming.

Medium-high carbonation, somewhat resinous.

Been awhile since I've had their APA, but this compares quite favorably. Actually, this compares quite favorably with many middle-high end IPAs, SN Celebration comes to mind.

I heard this had Wisconsin barley and hops. I'm extremely happy to drink locally in this anti-small-brewer climate. Keep it up South Shore!

01-23-2012 01:21:04 | More by Strix
d5001986

04-19-2014 02:25:14 | More by d5001986
Localdrinklax

03-12-2014 03:08:08 | More by Localdrinklax
Ri0

3.98/5  rDev -2.9%

Poured from 22oz into Duvel tulip

A - Dark copper and rust color, won't win a beauty contest. Decent 1 finger white head leaves a ring around the glass. Plenty of lacing on my tulip.

S - Nice bready malts, caramel with pine and citrus.

T - Hits with a bitterness that transitions into a nice malt backbone of caramel, bread and light toffee. Finish is again bitter, but different with more of a unripened citrus and grapefruit bitter. I really enjoy how this is put together with the transition of bitter, sweet, bitter.

M - Medium body with decent carbonation. It is somewhat sticky and leaves some resin on my tongue.

O - Great first impression of this brewery for me, I will definatley pick up another one of these to enjoy. Not many of their bottles make it to Madison, so I'll have to watch for others. Really nice APA and different from Moon Man and Hopalicious.

Received this nice email from the brewer: "Thank you for enjoying our product. Our Wisconsin Pale Ale is different from our American Pale Ale. Everything used to make our Wisconsin Pale Ale is locally grown in Wisconsin."

06-08-2013 20:05:49 | More by Ri0
slavall

3.75/5  rDev -8.5%

04-28-2013 03:28:18 | More by slavall
WPA (Wisconsin Pale Ale) from South Shore Brewery
- out of 100 based on 5 ratings.