St. Johnsbury Porter - Old European Brewing Company

St. Johnsbury PorterSt. Johnsbury Porter

pDev: n/a
Old European Brewing Company

American Porter |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: Dogbrick on 12-17-2002)
1.45/5  rDev n/a
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

The bottle says porter? But this is not a porter. In fact this looks, smells and tastes an awful lot like an amber ale - and not a good one either

This pours a pale brownish-orange that is clear and easy to see through. The nose is weak and sweet malt. The head was thin short lived and light tan. The taste is sweet and watery beer with a mouthfeel that is similar to bottled water. Overall it is my opinion that this is a crappy beer and these people have never seen a porter in their life.

2.48/5  rDev n/a
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Slightly hazy amber brown in color. The small white head disappears within a minute or less; there is no lace to speak of, carbonation is quite mild. Aroma of toasted malt, rather like dark bread. Taste begins with some soda-like carbonation, followed by toasted malt flavors. Towards the end of the taste some coffee notes appear. Finish is dry and a bit chalky. Not a great porter, to be sure, but I have had worse beer.

ABV is 6.2%. Package reviewed is a custom sixteen-ounce twist off longneck.

1/5  rDev n/a

Part of the "12 Greatest Brews of the World" sampler pack found at my local Wal-Mart. This beer is absolutely heinous. It was even lighter in color than the "Stout" I had before it. It looked like I was pouring a glass of Killian's. Now that my "12 Greatest Brews" experience is over, what have I learned? I have learned that it is possible to make 12 different "styles" of beers look and taste startlingly similar. I have learned that I can pour out 180 out of 192 ounces of beer and not feel guilty. I always try to find the good in any non-macro beer, but in this case Old Eurpoean needs to take one for the team and just go out of business already.

St. Johnsbury Porter from Old European Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.