Desperados - Heineken Nederland B.V.

DesperadosDesperados

awful

Heineken Nederland B.V. visit their website
Netherlands

American Pale Lager |  6.00% ABV

Beer added by: Andreji on 04-23-2004

Ratings: 203 | Reviews: 69
3.67/5  rDev +56.2%

Very smooth slightly sweet taste. A nice drinkable smooth beverage. Everyone I have to liked it also.

Worst beer I've ever tasted.

3.64/5  rDev +54.9%

Taste like corona with tequila. Tried in London

1.18/5  rDev -49.8%
look: 1 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

No interest at all. Commercial and awful beer. To be drank very cold otherwise not drinkable... (sorry to be so mean but this is not a beer...)

4.34/5  rDev +84.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Easy to drink in the summer

3.07/5  rDev +30.6%

Nice beverage, easy to drink, lime flavours the beer

3.39/5  rDev +44.3%

I figured it having tequila it wouldn't be smooth, but I was wrong. Had it with some food and it didn't fill me up a lot. Would recommend at least to try. I don't see this as a beer I drink quite a bit, but every once in awhile.

Interesting lager that is tequila flavoured. Has a hidden 6% ABV due to its sweetness and is better than the common economic lagers you find in the supermarket - the tequila taste is not at all awful.

2.91/5  rDev +23.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Okay, not really a beer. But given the unique flavor profile I can't say it was bad.

2.42/5  rDev +3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

What were they thinking. Why did I try it three times (bottle, can, Red)?

This is a nasty brew I found in Martinique. I was not drunk enough to drink this easily. I had to force it down.

It's yellow and has bubbles. The aroma is funky - there is a hint of tequila in this, I think. The taste is like a bad, flat-ish beer with a half shot of tequila in it. It is as bad as that sounds. The big can was just as bad as the bottle.

1.53/5  rDev -34.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Taste is too much lime for my liking, not fresh lime either.

3.13/5  rDev +33.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Fanta (orange), not sure is there tequila, but isn't that bad, too.

2.59/5  rDev +10.2%
look: 3 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Poured from a 11.2 OZ bottle into a pint glass.
Aroma- Has a skunky aroma mixed with lime and tequila extract.
Appearance-A clear golden yellow with lots of carbonation bubbles, very small head.
Taste- Lime and tequila extract with some grain or corn. Not bad, but pretty sweet.
Palate- A light bodied beer that has moderate carbonation and a sweet aftertaste.
Overall- Not my type of beer, it could easily be a session beer for those who like this style.

2.83/5  rDev +20.4%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Review: Can of Desperados Beer: 5.9% ABV

As a fan of tequila, and straight (none of that salt and lime shite), anything that has the devils juice in it has my backing. So Desperadoes is an interesting brew alright, one definitely to try. With an ABV of just under 6% giving it an added incentive.

The appearance isn’t the best to be honest, pretty clear showing a golden orange colour with an initial decent frothy creamy head that dissipates quick enough. Some good lacing, but also dies soon after, looks like a lot of chemicals in this beer.

There is a very strong smell as you would expect ,very very sweet, like a fruit juice, mostly of citrus.

The taste has a very sweet and citrus taste to it, a bit tangy, tasting of lemon, lime and I guess Tequila. I say I guess because I’m not so sure of you can pick up the taste of the tequila. There is also an interesting deep sour aftertaste.

Having said all that I have to say the beer isn’t that bad. Once you get over the initial shock at all the sweet tastes, you do grow into it, and it does become a relatively smooth enough beer to drink. I think these beers would be a great accompaniment to a night on the town, perhaps have two or three to give you a little kick in your drinking during the night, or before you hit the clubs. Any more than that and I’m not sure how they would go down. I don’t think I could drink more than two or three to be honest. But overall its a good effort and I like the idea of Desperadoes. Have I found the taste of the tequila? Not sure, but then does it matter, the beer has a certain function which is to set you up for the party or the night, and this beer does that perfectly. A good party beer.

1.83/5  rDev -22.1%
look: 2 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

this beer is absolutely atrocious

1.5/5  rDev -36.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Bad beer , with an artificial flavor

1.56/5  rDev -33.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Watery at first but with an awful aftertaste which should be like Tequila but is something between detergent and artificial sugar. Disappointing at best.

2.08/5  rDev -11.5%

Light, soda-like, headless beer with a good dose of ginger... disappointed.

2.25/5  rDev -4.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Saigon

I will not drink this beer unless there are no other choices.

3.06/5  rDev +30.2%

This sweet tasting beer says tequila but really has a very sweet agave and citrus taste to it. Lightly carbonated. I served this extra cold and it was liked by most at the tasting. It could've had something to do with it being over 40 degrees Celsius at the time but who knows.

1.77/5  rDev -24.7%
look: 3 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Tastes like champagne, slightly sweet, but poor aftertaste.

I thoroughly enjoyed it! It's become one of my most favorite beers. Originally tried it in Gatlinburg, TN. Can't find it in Texas, but am looking.

Picked this up to try something new. It was not at all what I expected.

Smells like lemon, grass, and tequila.

Pours with zero head and has the mouth-feel of a malt beverage, like Smirnoff.

It is mild and grainy with a lot of lime, lemon, and tequila. I like tequila, but this is a little too sweet for me. Has a little woodiness in there but it doesn't linger.

Overall this is a definite pass.

The beginning deceives, because the taste that goes down the Adam's apple and is left in the mouth is very bad. Should be good for those who love tequila, but I was desperate after I took !!!

1.5/5  rDev -36.2%

It tastes like sprite or gatorade. It's not a real beer

Desperados from Heineken Nederland B.V.