Heineken Premium Light Lager - Heineken Nederland B.V.

Heineken Premium Light LagerHeineken Premium Light Lager

to view more.
Ratings: 844 | Reviews: 262
3.29/5  rDev +41.2%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Canned version: This is definitely better than any AAL light lagers, since it has a fuller taste and no corn and rice adjuncts. I like the ABV here because sometimes I don't want a 5% ABV lager.

3.5/5  rDev +50.2%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

this beer is way overhated. people see "light" and assume the worst. this is actually better than heineken heavy, and a good representation of a german lager

2.4/5  rDev +3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Never liked this as much as the regular

1.25/5  rDev -46.4%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Over priced excuse for a good beer

3.5/5  rDev +50.2%

In all honesty, I can't tell much difference between this and regular Heineken and I like regular Heineken. Then again it has been a little while since I've had it so if I try it again, I may think differently, but it's honestly not THAT awful. For the price difference though, I'd rather go with Budweiser.

3.15/5  rDev +35.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Lots of hate on here for this... But compared to other light beers, I actually like it. It's surprisingly crisp and clean. Probably mostly water haha. But not bad if you are driving!

2.57/5  rDev +10.3%

Not bad, not good. Somewhere in the middle.

2.51/5  rDev +7.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

A lot more crisp than regular Heineken

4.5/5  rDev +93.1%

This is a great LIGHT beer and that is why I am giving it such a high score. If you have ever tried a lot of different light beers then you know this stuff is pretty friggin' awesome! It's not much different from an original Heineken just a tad bit lighter in taste. I love this beer because I can cut the calories and keep the taste.

look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

Slight skunky smell but typical of what you'd expect from Heineken. Definitely better than the 56 overall rating though....tastes like slightly watered down Heineken. Typical light beer but good on a warm day playing golf.

2.53/5  rDev +8.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

A: Crystal clear yellow with a tint of brown to it, darker than the other light lagers Ive rated lately, large white head, little bit of spotty lacing down the glass

S: Slight skunkyness

T: I get the bitterness of some hops up front, then a little of that skunkyness, clean dry finish

M: Watery but its a light

O: Not outstanding but one of the better light beers that I have had

2.97/5  rDev +27.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

Not great. Not much to say

Someone left a whole case of this swill on my back porch. One day I ran out of beer, I say beer cause Heineken light is NOT beer, anyway I ran out of real beer & had to drink one of these. I can not believe Heineken sells this junk. This is the worst beer I ever had, tastes like water with a 3. Abv? I compare this to boxed wine, it's horrible. No hope at all, no flavor at all, you might as well drink carbonated water because Heineken light is only carbonated water has no flavor no alcohol completely and absolutely the worst beer I ever drank in my life!!

3.14/5  rDev +34.8%

Did the job while not taking too many calories from reg Heinekens

Oh no no no no!

1.65/5  rDev -29.2%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Watered down version of the regular. Ok for light beer, but not good.

1.5/5  rDev -35.6%

Funny story about this one. My wife and I were summer vacationing in Delaware. I'm a craft beer drinker she is not. Being that it was scorching hot, she wanted to buy a 12 pack of Heineken for the week because it was cheap. I reluctantly agreed. She went inside the store and mistakenly bought Heineken Light. (She must have been in a rush) When we got back home we noticed this and drove back to the liquor store to exchange it. The bad news was that in Delaware it is state law that all alcohol purchases are non refundable/exchangeable.Long story short, we got stuck with Heineken Light all week. What else to say about this beer? It is watery and devoid of flavor. Never again!

2.75/5  rDev +18%

Experienced in : US
Appealing to me : being a "light" beer
Less appealing to me : not so smooth taste for me

I am neutral on this beer.

3.05/5  rDev +30.9%

Pours to a thin white head with minimal lacing. color is pale golden. Aroma is light grains and grassy hops. Flavor is a weak grain and hop concoction that finishes clean. Mouthfeel is light and effervescent. Not bad for a light beer.

2.66/5  rDev +14.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

Found a stray bottle at a friend's house before going out last night.

Looks watery, yellow-ish clear, and bubbly.

Smells like absolutely nothing. Really.

The overriding taste here is kind of this skunky smokiness that can't be intended. It's weird, slightly off-putting, but not actually all that bad. It does get old exceedingly quickly, but luckily, this is so light, it goes down really fast.

It's light, and crisp, and goes down really easily.

This does suck quite a bit, but not as badly as I'd thought it would.

2.39/5  rDev +2.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

Poured into a shaker pint glass.

Look: Crystal clear light golden body with a white fuzzy head that recedes to nothing but a white ring. Light spots of lacing.

Aroma: Smells heavily of straw, sweet grains, slightly metallic.

Taste: Sour cabbage notes up front, followed by a very metallic body with some sweetness.

Mouthfeel: Light to medium weight, slightly dry.

Overall: Not as skunky as Heineken, not as watery as the low ABV suggests. Beer ingredients are masked by metallic notes.

1.75/5  rDev -24.9%

Surprisingly disgusting, given that this brewery does make a number of good lagers (mostly unavailable in the U.S.).

This is a quality light lager. while AAL light lagers are very cheap and not really good, (Coors Light is the only one I'll drink) This one is just spectacular. I can smell hops. The taste is really hoppy too, and light. Not really light on flavor, as it still has plenty of hoppy flavor and a hint of malt. Don't know why this is rated so bad. This honestly i have had 5 with barbecue chicken, and i am not really drunk or full. 3.3% ABV makes this perfect for me. Perfect session beer. The reason i liked coors was the fact it was low in alcohol and didnt fill me up. this does the same thing while retaining a good amount of flavor. Would drink this a lot.

2.83/5  rDev +21.5%

12 oz. bottle with some sort of bottling code on the bottle. Aquire a single bottle of this stuff from my neighbors. Expectations aren't great, but for some reason I seem to enjoy this stuff.

Poured into a miniature Victorian carriage adorned pint glass.

A - It pours a pale, mostly clear straw yellow. About a finger of quickly dissipating white foam.

S - The smell is of sweetened corn / grains & huskiness.

T - Taste is the same. Sweetened grains / corn and huskiness. Nothing to brag about but it goes down quick and easy.

M - The feel is crisp, light, and clean. Easy drinking.

Overall, what it lacks in flavor it makes up for in drinkability. Not harsh, astringent, or offensive. And with a low 3.30% abv, this one makes a solid choice in the realm of shitty light lagers.

Heineken Light ---3/5.

2.68/5  rDev +15%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

12 oz can.

Pour is light amber; excellent clarity; Good head and decent lacing; coarse carbonation.

Aroma: light sweet malts and spicy hops in good balance.

Flavor: very mild, with only a faint hop bitterness in the finish and aftertaste.

Feel: very light bodied but about as expected given the style and carbonation level.

O: light ... very light, but not otherwise flawed and not bad with a meal. Note, bottled Heineken in the US is oftem spoiled so can are recommended.

to view more.
Heineken Premium Light Lager from Heineken Nederland B.V.