Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Heineken Premium Light Lager - Heineken Nederland B.V.

Heineken Premium Light LagerHeineken Premium Light Lager

awful

awful

Heineken Nederland B.V. visit their website
Netherlands

Light Lager |  3.30% ABV

Beer added by: Jason on 03-01-2005

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Heineken Premium Light Lager Alström Bros

A = May I have some beer with my foam please? I bought this convenient 5 liter mini-keg, and I swear to god 4 litres of it must be nothing but foam. Last time I ever try this beer in this $hit-delivery system ever. Nothing but foam foam foam and more foam. If beer were a vanilla mousse, it'd be an A+, but since beer is a beverage, this is the worst a beer can look in my opinion.

S = smell what? some grains in the foam...very few hops in the foam....a little skunky aroma in the foam.

T = taste what? there is no taste because its nothing but a big glass-o-foam. but I'm going to choke it down anyways for the $20 it cost me. It tastes skunky, sweet, and thats about it.

M = if there were a zero, this beer would get one. By the time I could drink it (10 minutes after the foam subsided, it was a glass of piss-warm beer-flavored flat dishwater. I would have rather drank dishwater quite honestly.

D = Never again, at least not from this ripoff delivery system. (969 characters)

Someone left a whole case of this swill on my back porch. One day I ran out of beer, I say beer cause Heineken light is NOT beer, anyway I ran out of real beer & had to drink one of these. I can not believe Heineken sells this junk. This is the worst beer I ever had, tastes like water with a 3. Abv? I compare this to boxed wine, it's horrible. No hope at all, no flavor at all, you might as well drink carbonated water because Heineken light is only carbonated water has no flavor no alcohol completely and absolutely the worst beer I ever drank in my life!! (560 characters)

1.06/5  rDev -55.5%

i can barely drink regular heineken let alone Heineken Light. its basically flavored water and yellow die in a bottle, also due to its light colored green bottle you tend to get one that is skunked at least once a day at the bar. there is no good smell to it and it tends to make you sick if you try to put them down to quickly, i personally suggest that you steer clear of this beer if you can. (395 characters)

1.12/5  rDev -52.9%

Dude, this beer is the wateriest crap I'veever had. the head dissapates immediately. The only way it could be worse is if it was completely flat. There is really nothing constructive to say about this beer. It's slight skunkiness due to the green bottling makes it undrinkable. It has almost no flavor. It tastes like slightly skunked beer flavored water. Do not drink this beer. There is nothing constructive to say about this. I guess if you want to appear cool but don't like the taste of beer you can waste 30 dollars a case on this shit.

I got it cause it was 1 dollar for a single. (590 characters)

1.2/5  rDev -49.6%

Now I told myself and other people that when I started drinking better beer that I would never go back to drinking swill again but this bottle was free.Thanks to Lisa,Now I may go back to reviewing macro beers just to see how they are now that im converted.If there free and or very cheap, I'll get em.

White head and light yellow body and some bubbles.Fine rim around the glass.

ASS or is that skunk.I dont know how people will spend around 30 bucks and buy this and not buy a case of lionshead or Yuengling lager for cheaper.I dont smell jack in this stuff.

I guess im tasting rice.I dont know what to taste but malt and hops now.

Goes down smooth and is sorda refreshing.

I wouldnt have again.It is nasty and not worth to have again. (751 characters)

1.22/5  rDev -48.7%

The beer poured a clear, more so golden than straw color with a frothy, thick white head that retained fairly well.

It smelled like regular Heineken (pale malts, light hops, etc.), but was very skunky and off-putting. Although the aroma was very light, there was a nose full of stale/skunked malts and water. It was almost sickening.

For the taste, it was almost unbearable. It tasted much like the aroma- skunked malts and stale hops with carbonated water.

I hope that keg was old, because if it was fresh, then may God have mercy on the brewers who made this garbage. I believe this is the first beer I've ever had that I simply could not finish nor find anything positive about. (687 characters)

1.26/5  rDev -47.1%

Pours straw out of a keg with a thin, bright white head. Aroma is of grass and a little cereal. Palate is extremely thin and watery. taste is non existent. It was the only beer available at my friend's Birthday party. I poured out the glass into the sink after the first sip. Do not try it at home! (298 characters)

1.3/5  rDev -45.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I picked up a bottle of this to complete a mix pack at a supermarket.

A: Pours a very pale, clear gold with a fizzy white head that disappears in a matter of seconds. There really isn't much in the way of lacing, and I guess I shouldn't have expected there to be.

S: Very mild aromas of grain husks, lemon, minerals, and straw are present on the nose, though they only emerge once the beer has settled in the glass and started to warm a bit.

T: Fleeting suggestions of mineral water, lemon, straw, grass, grain husks, and cooked vegetables wash across the palate. Obviously this isn't the freshest bottle in the world. The finish is very quick and clipped with lemon and mineral water notes.

M: Very light in body and very dry. Carbonation is extremely spritzy. This feels more like mineral water than beer.

O: I'm really not impressed with this light lager. I think this may be a style that I should just avoid in the future, as it has no appeal to me. (958 characters)

1.33/5  rDev -44.1%

Big fail! Just as skunky and terrible tasting as regular heineken just more watery.

A- Light pale yellow with fizzy foamy head that fades fast and leave no lace.

S- Big skunk with hints of corn, rice, and faint musty, earthy hops.

T- Sweet corn and malt overpowered with must, skunk, and bitter grapefruit. Nasty.

M- Light, crisp, refreshing, watery

D- I can't drink it at all. Poured it down the drain. (408 characters)

1.33/5  rDev -44.1%

Like most beers in this category. Heineken does a better job on marketing than brewing. This is a super-light weight coming in at just one tenth above gas station beer. Not much of an aroma. Some bitter hops and grainy yeasts as well. The taste is no different. Watery body and soda pop like carbonation. I can't beleive what this sells for at the store. (354 characters)

1.36/5  rDev -42.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Good three finger head of soap suds like bubbles, but the color is very light, a 3 on the SRM beer color chart. Lace is thick and clinging. Faint smell of straw and wet wheat. Flavor is light and very bland, not much taste here at all, maybe a little corn flavor. Much like water with a little fizz in my mouth. Not worth the price, in fact I would not take one if it was available with other free beer. (403 characters)

1.4/5  rDev -41.2%

A - Light straw color, with a 4 finger white fluffy head that dissapates very quickly. Slight effervesence. Leaves no lacing.

S - Skunkiness is apparent from the pop of the cap. Its truley hard to pick out anything else.

T - Extremely watery grainy taste. A sour dry grainy taste lingers on the back of the toungue and mouth, almost green apple-like. Alcohol taste is non-existent.

M - Very thin and watery. Carbonation after pouring is nil.

D - Goes down like water... but less refreshing to be honest. I really don't know why anyone would drink this beer other than to say you've tried it.

Final thoughts: I poured this thing down the drain after half a glass. Avoid this beer!! ...unless you are offered one at a party and dont want to seem rude. (754 characters)

1.42/5  rDev -40.3%

A: Clear, piss-yellow w/ 2-finger foamy head.

S: Smells like a fart! (no joke)

T: Like beer flavored water. The only good commet I can make is that the carbonation isn't too high like other lagers I've tried.

M: Pretty smooth. Comes and goes with just a malt and bubble profile.

D: High, if you like this sort of "beer". I only drank it to review it since my buddy left some in my fridge.

I saw a bumper sticker here in Marin that said: "don't eat yellow snow, don't drink yellow beer" -words to live by! (509 characters)

1.43/5  rDev -39.9%

Poured from a 12oz bottle into a US tumbler pint glass.

A: The beer is a very pale yellow color, with a thin white head that fades quickly and leaves a thin lace on the glass.

S: The aroma is of light and funky malts, with a touch of hops.

T: The taste has very mild flavors of lager yeast, light malts and almost no hops. Even for a light beer it's pretty bland.

M: Crisp with a little smoothness but very watery, light body, medium-to-high carbonation, clean and dry finish.

D: Not flavorful at all, goes down easily because of the lack of substance, not filling at all, no kick, there are a lot of better light beers out there. (635 characters)

1.43/5  rDev -39.9%

Someone left one of these behind at my Super Bowl party. I figured what the hell.

In terms of appearance, it reminded me of being ordered to quickly down a one-litre canteen after a 14-mile march and then turn it over to prove it was empty. I'd get enough fluid to stave off dehydration. When I pissed afterward, the fluids would lighten my urine to a dull, pale straw yellow with a little bit of white fizz at the top. Just like this "beer."

The aroma is really not a lot better -- mostly skunkiness right out of the bottle that gets more powerful as it hits the glass.

Not much discernible flavor either -- seltzer water with a slight trace of corn and a mild sticky sweetness that vanishes in a flash. Zero presence in the finish. Mouthfeel is about what you'd expect from a light macro beer -- thin and spritzy. Drinkable in the sense that it is easy to put a bunch of these away without feeling anything other than perhaps a little bloated. But who would want to?

If I'm in need of a thirst quenching and nothing else, I'll stick with water or iced tea. If my thirst quenching has to be beer, I will look for a witbier or a hefe. If I'm looking to keep weight off, I will moderate the amount of beer I drink but stick to real beer. There seems to be no real point to consuming this. (1,293 characters)

1.47/5  rDev -38.2%

A - Yellow, slight head, heavy carbonation.

S - Smell is of malt and water.

T/M - One of the most awful light beers, could not even finish the 12oz bottle. Taste was of water, and a harsh skunky stale malt bite. Astringent and unapealling. Mouthfeel, was terrible.

D - Don't even waste your money on these.

Please, do yourself a favor and don't even try this. (371 characters)

1.5/5  rDev -37%

Wow this beer is terrible. Poured into a Sam Adams pint glass it pours a very pale yellow with only a slight fading head. There is almost no smell or taste. A very slight corny taste with a touch of skunky pilsner-like hops. The mouthfeel is much like an american macro lager, but a bit wimpy. I can't believe someone left 5 of these in my fridge... (349 characters)

1.5/5  rDev -37%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

My gf wanted a light beer because she cant handle anything I ever want to drink. So she of course buys a 24 pack on some special deal. I look it up and see 3.3 abv...its basically very expensive water

appearance light yellow, almost urine

smell of very very very faint hops, almost grainy and a hint of fart

taste, bland, boring, no sharpness of anything in particular besides, maybe wheat?

mouthfeel bubbly

drinkablilty is very high in the sense that its easy to drink cause there is no real taste, but why bother with something this low abv. My gf bought it saying ' i can drink a ton of these and get messed up' at my pace of drinking i dont want to go through 18 of these to feel the same buzz i get from 6-7 of anything decent

its honestly not worth the price in comparison to a macro/micro that actually brings something to the table (845 characters)

1.5/5  rDev -37%

Funny story about this one. My wife and I were summer vacationing in Delaware. I'm a craft beer drinker she is not. Being that it was scorching hot, she wanted to buy a 12 pack of Heineken for the week because it was cheap. I reluctantly agreed. She went inside the store and mistakenly bought Heineken Light. (She must have been in a rush) When we got back home we noticed this and drove back to the liquor store to exchange it. The bad news was that in Delaware it is state law that all alcohol purchases are non refundable/exchangeable.Long story short, we got stuck with Heineken Light all week. What else to say about this beer? It is watery and devoid of flavor. Never again! (681 characters)

1.5/5  rDev -37%

Poured into a standard pint glass. Head dissipates almost immediately. Decent lacing but dissolved after 30 seconds or so. The beer was very pale yellow, almost like tinted water. Almost no smell--what little there was had no notes I could discern. Tastes surprisingly harsh considering the appearance and smell. Bitter in the back of the throat--it's a lingering bitterness. Very unpleasant. Mouthfeel of slightly bubbly water. Drinkability is very low--I wouldn't drink this again.

Ultimately, this is a good beer to use for cooking (fondue, beer bread, etc.), but avoid drinking this is you have other options. (614 characters)

1.51/5  rDev -36.6%

I was not impressed with this brew -- watery taste with a slight skunk aroma -- I enjoy a nice fresh cold Heinekin in the bottle and on draft -- this did not compare favorably.

I would not purchase again.

I purchased a sixer of this beer at the local convenient market based on the slick advertising that I had seen -- bad idea.

Overall a waste of 10 bucks -- (368 characters)

1.53/5  rDev -35.7%

You take regular Heineken and made it worse; really? Why? Poured into a pint glass and reviewed from notes. Color is a light yellow with a small white head with no retention. The nose is skunky hops and pretty much nothing else. Seems they cut back on whatever malts were in the original just so we could appreciate skunk anus more.

Taste is skunk. Feel is skunk. There's quite the theme here. There's some prickly carbonation that thankfully carries much of the flavor away. Some slight grain, but not all that much. This is a bad beer. There's not that much going on, but what is there I really don't like. (610 characters)

1.54/5  rDev -35.3%

What were they thinking? A light beer that will be a direct competitor to Amstel. How dumb! And so far, I haven't seen any marketing for this offensive brew. It's been in the RI market for a year and is set to hit MA in March for on-premise and April for off-premise. Why the one month delay? No one knows. A salesman dropped off a sample the other day, so I opted to give it a try.

Classic Heineken skunkiness followed by a watery, thin mouthfeel and a bland aftertaste. Woo-hoo! Sure am glad they bothered to make this beer. That's sarcasm, folks. Maybe this would be a halfway decent lawnmower beer if it wasn't a "light" beer and had some oomph behind it, but alas...another bad import in GREEN GLASS. (708 characters)

1.55/5  rDev -34.9%

In a nutshell this is nothing more than watered down Heineken. Aroma is an extremely weak version of the regular, appearance is similar except slightly more pale with horrible carbonation and no head or lacing. Mouthfeel is thin and watery, flavor is closer to water than beer, there is a trace of the trademark euro lager flavor but very weak. I knew this would be a bad beer but not this bad. I really like Heineken but this is sad. (434 characters)

1.57/5  rDev -34%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Pours a nice golden color, but has no head and highly carbonated like Pop. Not much smell, slight amount of adjuncts. Goes down extremely dry and tastes nothing like regular Heineken. Sad excuse for a beer, let alone a light lager. (231 characters)

Heineken Premium Light Lager from Heineken Nederland B.V.