Heineken Premium Light Lager - Heineken Nederland B.V.

Heineken Premium Light LagerHeineken Premium Light Lager

awful

awful

Heineken Nederland B.V. visit their website
Netherlands

Light Lager |  3.30% ABV

(Beer added by: Jason on 03-01-2005)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Heineken Premium Light Lager Alström Bros
1.23/5  rDev -47%

Now I told myself and other people that when I started drinking better beer that I would never go back to drinking swill again but this bottle was free.Thanks to Lisa,Now I may go back to reviewing macro beers just to see how they are now that im converted.If there free and or very cheap, I'll get em.

White head and light yellow body and some bubbles.Fine rim around the glass.

ASS or is that skunk.I dont know how people will spend around 30 bucks and buy this and not buy a case of lionshead or Yuengling lager for cheaper.I dont smell jack in this stuff.

I guess im tasting rice.I dont know what to taste but malt and hops now.

Goes down smooth and is sorda refreshing.

I wouldnt have again.It is nasty and not worth to have again.

MmmIPA, Mar 01, 2007

CraigTravor, Jul 20, 2014
1.25/5  rDev -46.1%

Pours straw out of a keg with a thin, bright white head. Aroma is of grass and a little cereal. Palate is extremely thin and watery. taste is non existent. It was the only beer available at my friend's Birthday party. I poured out the glass into the sink after the first sip. Do not try it at home!

mikeg67, Dec 16, 2010

Herky21, Mar 21, 2012

Satchboogie, Apr 13, 2012

XmnwildX12, Dec 05, 2013
1.27/5  rDev -45.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I picked up a bottle of this to complete a mix pack at a supermarket.

A: Pours a very pale, clear gold with a fizzy white head that disappears in a matter of seconds. There really isn't much in the way of lacing, and I guess I shouldn't have expected there to be.

S: Very mild aromas of grain husks, lemon, minerals, and straw are present on the nose, though they only emerge once the beer has settled in the glass and started to warm a bit.

T: Fleeting suggestions of mineral water, lemon, straw, grass, grain husks, and cooked vegetables wash across the palate. Obviously this isn't the freshest bottle in the world. The finish is very quick and clipped with lemon and mineral water notes.

M: Very light in body and very dry. Carbonation is extremely spritzy. This feels more like mineral water than beer.

O: I'm really not impressed with this light lager. I think this may be a style that I should just avoid in the future, as it has no appeal to me.

mrfrancis, Jan 26, 2012
1.3/5  rDev -44%

Like most beers in this category. Heineken does a better job on marketing than brewing. This is a super-light weight coming in at just one tenth above gas station beer. Not much of an aroma. Some bitter hops and grainy yeasts as well. The taste is no different. Watery body and soda pop like carbonation. I can't beleive what this sells for at the store.

rye726, May 07, 2008
1.33/5  rDev -42.7%

Big fail! Just as skunky and terrible tasting as regular heineken just more watery.

A- Light pale yellow with fizzy foamy head that fades fast and leave no lace.

S- Big skunk with hints of corn, rice, and faint musty, earthy hops.

T- Sweet corn and malt overpowered with must, skunk, and bitter grapefruit. Nasty.

M- Light, crisp, refreshing, watery

D- I can't drink it at all. Poured it down the drain.

JayS2629, Feb 06, 2011
1.33/5  rDev -42.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Good three finger head of soap suds like bubbles, but the color is very light, a 3 on the SRM beer color chart. Lace is thick and clinging. Faint smell of straw and wet wheat. Flavor is light and very bland, not much taste here at all, maybe a little corn flavor. Much like water with a little fizz in my mouth. Not worth the price, in fact I would not take one if it was available with other free beer.

beerprovedwright, Dec 08, 2010
1.4/5  rDev -39.7%

A: Clear, piss-yellow w/ 2-finger foamy head.

S: Smells like a fart! (no joke)

T: Like beer flavored water. The only good commet I can make is that the carbonation isn't too high like other lagers I've tried.

M: Pretty smooth. Comes and goes with just a malt and bubble profile.

D: High, if you like this sort of "beer". I only drank it to review it since my buddy left some in my fridge.

I saw a bumper sticker here in Marin that said: "don't eat yellow snow, don't drink yellow beer" -words to live by!

ironlung, Nov 20, 2008
1.4/5  rDev -39.7%

A - Light straw color, with a 4 finger white fluffy head that dissapates very quickly. Slight effervesence. Leaves no lacing.

S - Skunkiness is apparent from the pop of the cap. Its truley hard to pick out anything else.

T - Extremely watery grainy taste. A sour dry grainy taste lingers on the back of the toungue and mouth, almost green apple-like. Alcohol taste is non-existent.

M - Very thin and watery. Carbonation after pouring is nil.

D - Goes down like water... but less refreshing to be honest. I really don't know why anyone would drink this beer other than to say you've tried it.

Final thoughts: I poured this thing down the drain after half a glass. Avoid this beer!! ...unless you are offered one at a party and dont want to seem rude.

WinthrHOPHEAD89, Sep 11, 2010
1.43/5  rDev -38.4%

A - Yellow, slight head, heavy carbonation.

S - Smell is of malt and water.

T/M - One of the most awful light beers, could not even finish the 12oz bottle. Taste was of water, and a harsh skunky stale malt bite. Astringent and unapealling. Mouthfeel, was terrible.

D - Don't even waste your money on these.

Please, do yourself a favor and don't even try this.

HoustonTX, Jun 28, 2006
1.43/5  rDev -38.4%

Poured from a 12oz bottle into a US tumbler pint glass.

A: The beer is a very pale yellow color, with a thin white head that fades quickly and leaves a thin lace on the glass.

S: The aroma is of light and funky malts, with a touch of hops.

T: The taste has very mild flavors of lager yeast, light malts and almost no hops. Even for a light beer it's pretty bland.

M: Crisp with a little smoothness but very watery, light body, medium-to-high carbonation, clean and dry finish.

D: Not flavorful at all, goes down easily because of the lack of substance, not filling at all, no kick, there are a lot of better light beers out there.

TheManiacalOne, Jun 17, 2008
1.45/5  rDev -37.5%

Wow this beer is terrible. Poured into a Sam Adams pint glass it pours a very pale yellow with only a slight fading head. There is almost no smell or taste. A very slight corny taste with a touch of skunky pilsner-like hops. The mouthfeel is much like an american macro lager, but a bit wimpy. I can't believe someone left 5 of these in my fridge...

Rudgers73, Dec 30, 2007
1.45/5  rDev -37.5%

Someone left one of these behind at my Super Bowl party. I figured what the hell.

In terms of appearance, it reminded me of being ordered to quickly down a one-litre canteen after a 14-mile march and then turn it over to prove it was empty. I'd get enough fluid to stave off dehydration. When I pissed afterward, the fluids would lighten my urine to a dull, pale straw yellow with a little bit of white fizz at the top. Just like this "beer."

The aroma is really not a lot better -- mostly skunkiness right out of the bottle that gets more powerful as it hits the glass.

Not much discernible flavor either -- seltzer water with a slight trace of corn and a mild sticky sweetness that vanishes in a flash. Zero presence in the finish. Mouthfeel is about what you'd expect from a light macro beer -- thin and spritzy. Drinkable in the sense that it is easy to put a bunch of these away without feeling anything other than perhaps a little bloated. But who would want to?

If I'm in need of a thirst quenching and nothing else, I'll stick with water or iced tea. If my thirst quenching has to be beer, I will look for a witbier or a hefe. If I'm looking to keep weight off, I will moderate the amount of beer I drink but stick to real beer. There seems to be no real point to consuming this.

eberkman, Feb 08, 2008
1.45/5  rDev -37.5%

Poured into a standard pint glass. Head dissipates almost immediately. Decent lacing but dissolved after 30 seconds or so. The beer was very pale yellow, almost like tinted water. Almost no smell--what little there was had no notes I could discern. Tastes surprisingly harsh considering the appearance and smell. Bitter in the back of the throat--it's a lingering bitterness. Very unpleasant. Mouthfeel of slightly bubbly water. Drinkability is very low--I wouldn't drink this again.

Ultimately, this is a good beer to use for cooking (fondue, beer bread, etc.), but avoid drinking this is you have other options.

Kooz, Jun 06, 2010
1.48/5  rDev -36.2%

You take regular Heineken and made it worse; really? Why? Poured into a pint glass and reviewed from notes. Color is a light yellow with a small white head with no retention. The nose is skunky hops and pretty much nothing else. Seems they cut back on whatever malts were in the original just so we could appreciate skunk anus more.

Taste is skunk. Feel is skunk. There's quite the theme here. There's some prickly carbonation that thankfully carries much of the flavor away. Some slight grain, but not all that much. This is a bad beer. There's not that much going on, but what is there I really don't like.

Thorpe429, Nov 14, 2010
1.5/5  rDev -35.3%

MikeC144, Apr 09, 2014
1.5/5  rDev -35.3%

Milkysunshine, Jan 22, 2012
Heineken Premium Light Lager from Heineken Nederland B.V.