Heineken Premium Light Lager - Heineken Nederland B.V.

Heineken Premium Light LagerHeineken Premium Light Lager

awful

awful

Heineken Nederland B.V. visit their website
Netherlands

Light Lager |  3.30% ABV

Beer added by: Jason on 03-01-2005

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Heineken Premium Light Lager Alström Bros
1.01/5  rDev -56.5%

1.05/5  rDev -54.7%

i can barely drink regular heineken let alone Heineken Light. its basically flavored water and yellow die in a bottle, also due to its light colored green bottle you tend to get one that is skunked at least once a day at the bar. there is no good smell to it and it tends to make you sick if you try to put them down to quickly, i personally suggest that you steer clear of this beer if you can.

1.1/5  rDev -52.6%

Dude, this beer is the wateriest crap I'veever had. the head dissapates immediately. The only way it could be worse is if it was completely flat. There is really nothing constructive to say about this beer. It's slight skunkiness due to the green bottling makes it undrinkable. It has almost no flavor. It tastes like slightly skunked beer flavored water. Do not drink this beer. There is nothing constructive to say about this. I guess if you want to appear cool but don't like the taste of beer you can waste 30 dollars a case on this shit.

I got it cause it was 1 dollar for a single.

1.12/5  rDev -51.7%

1.2/5  rDev -48.3%

The beer poured a clear, more so golden than straw color with a frothy, thick white head that retained fairly well.

It smelled like regular Heineken (pale malts, light hops, etc.), but was very skunky and off-putting. Although the aroma was very light, there was a nose full of stale/skunked malts and water. It was almost sickening.

For the taste, it was almost unbearable. It tasted much like the aroma- skunked malts and stale hops with carbonated water.

I hope that keg was old, because if it was fresh, then may God have mercy on the brewers who made this garbage. I believe this is the first beer I've ever had that I simply could not finish nor find anything positive about.

1.23/5  rDev -47%

Now I told myself and other people that when I started drinking better beer that I would never go back to drinking swill again but this bottle was free.Thanks to Lisa,Now I may go back to reviewing macro beers just to see how they are now that im converted.If there free and or very cheap, I'll get em.

White head and light yellow body and some bubbles.Fine rim around the glass.

ASS or is that skunk.I dont know how people will spend around 30 bucks and buy this and not buy a case of lionshead or Yuengling lager for cheaper.I dont smell jack in this stuff.

I guess im tasting rice.I dont know what to taste but malt and hops now.

Goes down smooth and is sorda refreshing.

I wouldnt have again.It is nasty and not worth to have again.

1.25/5  rDev -46.1%

Pours straw out of a keg with a thin, bright white head. Aroma is of grass and a little cereal. Palate is extremely thin and watery. taste is non existent. It was the only beer available at my friend's Birthday party. I poured out the glass into the sink after the first sip. Do not try it at home!

1.27/5  rDev -45.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I picked up a bottle of this to complete a mix pack at a supermarket.

A: Pours a very pale, clear gold with a fizzy white head that disappears in a matter of seconds. There really isn't much in the way of lacing, and I guess I shouldn't have expected there to be.

S: Very mild aromas of grain husks, lemon, minerals, and straw are present on the nose, though they only emerge once the beer has settled in the glass and started to warm a bit.

T: Fleeting suggestions of mineral water, lemon, straw, grass, grain husks, and cooked vegetables wash across the palate. Obviously this isn't the freshest bottle in the world. The finish is very quick and clipped with lemon and mineral water notes.

M: Very light in body and very dry. Carbonation is extremely spritzy. This feels more like mineral water than beer.

O: I'm really not impressed with this light lager. I think this may be a style that I should just avoid in the future, as it has no appeal to me.

1.3/5  rDev -44%

Like most beers in this category. Heineken does a better job on marketing than brewing. This is a super-light weight coming in at just one tenth above gas station beer. Not much of an aroma. Some bitter hops and grainy yeasts as well. The taste is no different. Watery body and soda pop like carbonation. I can't beleive what this sells for at the store.

1.33/5  rDev -42.7%

Big fail! Just as skunky and terrible tasting as regular heineken just more watery.

A- Light pale yellow with fizzy foamy head that fades fast and leave no lace.

S- Big skunk with hints of corn, rice, and faint musty, earthy hops.

T- Sweet corn and malt overpowered with must, skunk, and bitter grapefruit. Nasty.

M- Light, crisp, refreshing, watery

D- I can't drink it at all. Poured it down the drain.

1.33/5  rDev -42.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Good three finger head of soap suds like bubbles, but the color is very light, a 3 on the SRM beer color chart. Lace is thick and clinging. Faint smell of straw and wet wheat. Flavor is light and very bland, not much taste here at all, maybe a little corn flavor. Much like water with a little fizz in my mouth. Not worth the price, in fact I would not take one if it was available with other free beer.

1.4/5  rDev -39.7%

A: Clear, piss-yellow w/ 2-finger foamy head.

S: Smells like a fart! (no joke)

T: Like beer flavored water. The only good commet I can make is that the carbonation isn't too high like other lagers I've tried.

M: Pretty smooth. Comes and goes with just a malt and bubble profile.

D: High, if you like this sort of "beer". I only drank it to review it since my buddy left some in my fridge.

I saw a bumper sticker here in Marin that said: "don't eat yellow snow, don't drink yellow beer" -words to live by!

1.4/5  rDev -39.7%

A - Light straw color, with a 4 finger white fluffy head that dissapates very quickly. Slight effervesence. Leaves no lacing.

S - Skunkiness is apparent from the pop of the cap. Its truley hard to pick out anything else.

T - Extremely watery grainy taste. A sour dry grainy taste lingers on the back of the toungue and mouth, almost green apple-like. Alcohol taste is non-existent.

M - Very thin and watery. Carbonation after pouring is nil.

D - Goes down like water... but less refreshing to be honest. I really don't know why anyone would drink this beer other than to say you've tried it.

Final thoughts: I poured this thing down the drain after half a glass. Avoid this beer!! ...unless you are offered one at a party and dont want to seem rude.

1.43/5  rDev -38.4%

A - Yellow, slight head, heavy carbonation.

S - Smell is of malt and water.

T/M - One of the most awful light beers, could not even finish the 12oz bottle. Taste was of water, and a harsh skunky stale malt bite. Astringent and unapealling. Mouthfeel, was terrible.

D - Don't even waste your money on these.

Please, do yourself a favor and don't even try this.

1.43/5  rDev -38.4%

Poured from a 12oz bottle into a US tumbler pint glass.

A: The beer is a very pale yellow color, with a thin white head that fades quickly and leaves a thin lace on the glass.

S: The aroma is of light and funky malts, with a touch of hops.

T: The taste has very mild flavors of lager yeast, light malts and almost no hops. Even for a light beer it's pretty bland.

M: Crisp with a little smoothness but very watery, light body, medium-to-high carbonation, clean and dry finish.

D: Not flavorful at all, goes down easily because of the lack of substance, not filling at all, no kick, there are a lot of better light beers out there.

1.45/5  rDev -37.5%

Wow this beer is terrible. Poured into a Sam Adams pint glass it pours a very pale yellow with only a slight fading head. There is almost no smell or taste. A very slight corny taste with a touch of skunky pilsner-like hops. The mouthfeel is much like an american macro lager, but a bit wimpy. I can't believe someone left 5 of these in my fridge...

Heineken Premium Light Lager from Heineken Nederland B.V.