Heineken Lager Beer - Heineken Nederland B.V.

Heineken Lager BeerHeineken Lager Beer

poor

poor

Heineken Nederland B.V. visit their website
Netherlands

Euro Pale Lager |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 01-29-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Heineken Lager Beer Alström Bros
3.36/5  rDev +24%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

Mild beer, a bit skunky. Something to get if you're not really into beers.

3.33/5  rDev +22.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

It's a classic beer when you got nothing else.

2.79/5  rDev +3%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

2.6/5  rDev -4.1%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Its my favorite skunked beer

3.6/5  rDev +32.8%

Poured into a 500ml Paulaner glass from a pint can. No green glass issue with the can. 1 finger head. Yellow appearance and smell is what you would expect a little malt but not much more. Taste is refreshing and goes down easily. When I need a break from the IPA and imperial stouts this is still a solid choice and at $5 for a 4 pack of pints it is half the price of my SunKing addiction.

2.88/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.19/5  rDev -19.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

3.08/5  rDev +13.7%

3.63/5  rDev +33.9%

This beer has a tremendous sentimental value to me. Growing up in former Soviet Union this was the first foreign beer I tasted. Still a solid brew to me after all these years of having the amazing American brews, the best in the World.

2.29/5  rDev -15.5%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2

2.94/5  rDev +8.5%

Heineken is something I return to every now and then to remind myself about the journey that I've taken as a beer drinker. This was the first brew that I ever sampled on draught. In Holland in fact. I was all of 15 years old, and no one batted an eyelash when I ordered up my first glass. Ahh Europe... Well, decades later I picked up a 6-pack at a local gas station and was a bit disappointed that they have departed from their signature stubby bottles in favor of a more generic looking longneck. I had no plans to actually review this beer so I never even poured it in to a glass. Even so, the bottle still emanated that familiar sulfurous skunk aroma. I've come to actually enjoy that lightstruck lager scent. There isn't much else to the nose. Maybe a little corn sweetness. In the flavor department I was a little disappointed. It's been awhile since I've had a Heineken, but I seem to recall that it had more pop to it with that Euro pale lager funk. This rendition was very light on flavor. Smooth, crisp, slightly drying with just a hint of dankness. It was so much cleaner and less controversial than I recalled. Watery, with fizzy carbonation and popcorn-like hints of adjuncts in the finish. I was able to crush that 6-pack without any problem. In fact, when I was done, I wondered what happened. If not for the buzz, I couldn't be sure that I even had any beer at all. Still, there's nothing to complain about here. I only wish there was a little more of that aroma and flavor that has come to define Heineken in the US. This was so mild that it really gets lost in the lager mix.

3.23/5  rDev +19.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

2.79/5  rDev +3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

2.71/5  rDev 0%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

better than bud or coors but not much...

1.23/5  rDev -54.6%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

This is a World Class Beer......NOT!!!

2.75/5  rDev +1.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.05/5  rDev +12.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

My first love, but taste buds have grown towards other flavors lol

2.05/5  rDev -24.4%

Very bland over priced lager

3.23/5  rDev +19.2%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

3.68/5  rDev +35.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

Actually it tastes in Holland as draft drastically different from US bottles. My Gringo friend when he tried it in Amsterdam brewery said: Wow, if this beer would taste in US like that he would be drinking just Heineken all day long. May be pasteurization kills the bottle taste. In Holland they use premium A1 yeast strain and that what makes this beer very interesting. Plus a tradition...

3.34/5  rDev +23.2%

Your average Euro Pale Lager; nothing special here. Some sentimental value for me, since this was the first beer I ever finished alone, but that's pretty much it, folks. A tell-tale tinge of lemon in the first sip, but that's probably just me and my oversensitive palate.

3.28/5  rDev +21%

Nothing special just a nice lager

2.26/5  rDev -16.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Enjoyable. Drinkable. Nothing special. I always consider this beer an American Pale Lager with an attitude.

3.33/5  rDev +22.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Not much to say here, folks. Just your plain, every day, run-of-the-mill Euro pale lager. Not a bad beer, and probably gets more hate than it deserves for being a macro and such.

Purchased at the LCBO for $2.70 in a 500 ml can. Much better options out there for a cheaper price, and that's really my biggest concern.

Heineken Lager Beer from Heineken Nederland B.V.