Heineken Lager Beer - Heineken Nederland B.V.

Heineken Lager BeerHeineken Lager Beer

poor

poor

Heineken Nederland B.V. visit their website
Netherlands

Euro Pale Lager |  5.00% ABV

(Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 01-29-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Heineken Lager Beer Alström Bros

3.75/5  rDev +38.4%

3.5/5  rDev +29.2%

Like everyone else on earth I've had this beer before (and then again and again). Brown bottles and on tap in it's home country, green bottles and on tap in other countries many times. Visited the brewery a couple of times in my formative years too. Somehow I've never written about it though.

The hotel I was staying at while in Rome had one bottled beer to choose from and it was Heineken, so I thought I'd re-visit it and a say a few words.

It's a lager.

2.53/5  rDev -6.6%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I hated my first beer. Warm cans of Schlitz someone lifted from their father drunk in a tree fort. Yuk, I was ready to remain a teetotaler the rest of my life. How could anyone drink that stuff? A few years later I was willing to give beer another try. I was on a trip to NYC (with a church group no less) and a waitress at a restaurant in the village served us underaged virgins Heinekens. Hey, that was not so bad. I am not saying it was great, but it was palatable. I gave up my Slo-Gin Fizzes and other girlie drinks and went back to beer. I have not looked back since.

Appearance :Clear, light yellow, white head that eventually dies down, no lacing at all, well carbonated.

Smell;: Slightly skunky smell

0aste: Tastes very c;lean, crisp, watery. Then comes the skunky aftertaste and slight bitterness that does last on the tongue. Malt and Hops (except for the bitterness) are virtually undetectable. Maybe I have just fried my tastebuds at this point drinking extreme beers.

Mouthfeel: Thin, just above water.

Overall: My tastes have matured. This is not a bad beer, if I was thirsty and there was nothing else I would drink it. Just nothing here to get excited about.

4.25/5  rDev +56.8%

2.95/5  rDev +8.9%

Had a few of these back in the day. Decided
To give one a try. Nothing special IMO other than the name. Tastes like any other beer. Clean crisp and not a whole lot if body. Looked good and tastes refreshing with just a slight bitterness at the finish. Not sure why it is rates so low but maybe people are expecting more with the famous name brand.

3.25/5  rDev +19.9%

Heineken Lager Beer from Heineken Nederland B.V.