Highland Razor Wit - Highland Brewing

Highland Brewing visit their website
North Carolina, United States

Witbier |  4.50% ABV

Availability: Summer

(Beer added by: mechamifune on 05-11-2012)

cambabeer, Oct 03, 2013

BradShook, Sep 03, 2013

BlackBeerBroad, Aug 29, 2013
3.44/5  rDev -2%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

A-Pours a soft, creamy yellow color with a vibrant white head and good retention. Leaves behind a fair amount of lacing.

S-Ginger is a bit overpowering. Under that ginger are subtle notes of sharp cheese, funky Belgian yeast, floral hops, and other spices

T-Ginger and other spices take over at the front of the palate and allow for a little nuance. Floral hops and that funky Belgian yeast/cheese flavor makes a quick appearance as the finish is overpowered by the ginger again.

MF-Mellow, a bit carbonated with a dry finish. Overall pretty satisfying here.

O-A nice interpretation of the style, but I like my Wits to be a little less sharp. The ginger is overpowering and allows for little nuance. Wits are the best when they are complex and have those soft fruit and cheesy/yeast flavors.

Jacurdy60, Aug 26, 2013
3.9/5  rDev +11.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

12 oz bottle courtesy of fthomasl pours a hazed yellow with a small cap of white head. Pretty good retention and lacing for the size of the foam.

Nose has plenty of coriander and soft wheat, but there seems to be another spice in there I cant quite grasp...cinnamon maybe? Smells pretty tasty and a little different than most witbiers.

Taste is pretty good, has the soft feel I like in a wit with a nice coriander presence. The orange peel is lower than usual and I am still getting some different spices than I am used to...really makes for an interesting beer. I like it, I would buy it again for sure.

twiggamortis420, Aug 23, 2013
4.5/5  rDev +28.2%

Careliada, Aug 22, 2013

kell50, Aug 20, 2013
3.7/5  rDev +5.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Highland Brewing seasonal caught my attention after being mentioned on my local NPR radio station. Wits are not my favorite style-there seems to be a flood hitting the shelves in the area in which i live-but I like Highlands products and thought I would give it a try.
I must say i am pleased with my decision...
Color is similar to Hoegarden-which I have not had in years and brought back a few old memories...very pale, but bright yellow is how I would try to describe it..???
It has the usual corriander and lemony taste that is accustomed to the style, but there is a little something extra...
The bottle states grains of paradise, and orange peel...I believe it is the orange peel that gives it a little more "ummph" on the palate....I like it.
Also, the finish has the bubble gum likeness of Bavarian wheat beers, which I love....
This is a good beer and I will say it is one of the higher ranking wits I have tried.
I rate it 3.75...

jploving, Aug 19, 2013

ajdemma, Aug 18, 2013

ImpactDan, Aug 18, 2013

dharmabum1102, Aug 18, 2013

kristougher, Aug 10, 2013
3.38/5  rDev -3.7%

A: Hazy golden. Small white head.
S: Lemon, belgium yeast
T: Lemon zest, citrus, I can taste the yeast, but the coriander doesn't come through so well. not bad.
M: Medium, small amount of carbonation
O: Overall, its not the best in the style, if you are looking for a great wit, look to something else. I love Belgium wits and this just doesn't cut it. It is definitely drinkable, but I'm glad I didn't buy a sixpack.

caulfield, Aug 07, 2013

ekalb31, Aug 06, 2013

A-Pours a hazy bright yellow with a bright white head

S-lemon zest, coriander, and a hint of Belgian yeast

T-Essentially the same as the nose-lemon zest, coriander, citrus notes, and some Belgian yeast

M-light with about the perfect amount of carbonation, yet somewhat creamy

D-I could drink this all day.

I'm not a huge fan of this style, though its growing on me, but I really enjoyed this beer and could see myself drinking more of it in the future.

thegodfather2701, Aug 03, 2013