Bière Du Démon - Les Brasseurs de Gayant

Euro Strong Lager |  11.50% ABV

Beer added by: brewdlyhooked13 on 01-11-2002

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
1.06/5  rDev -50.9%

OK, here's my story. I was in Florence, Italy, last spring, without a clue on how to find any decent Italian beer, and I ran across this in a convenience store. I didn't have my reading glasses, and the label looked interesting. When I got back to the hotel, I finally was able to read 12% ABV, and I knew I was in trouble with this one. 8 months later, I fianlly get the nerve to try it. I should have left it in the hotel room. This is only 8+ ounces, and it's about 6 ounces too many. It looked like a slightly dark version of BMC, had little or no aroma, but it's all about the flavor. The vodka/rocket fuel flavor that burned my mouth on the way down. My (non-beer drinking) friend took a sip after I warned her, and it's a good thing she's still my friend. I think this is the worst beer I've ever had, because it isn't beer (no matter how they made it). The only reason I see for this beer is as a quick way to get drunk. No thank you.

1.23/5  rDev -43.1%

Oh my, I remember that beer from many many years ago. The color wasnt very distinct at all. But, I do remember how it felt! It was an attrocious experience, I took that beer one evening before going out. Poored it, smelled very alcoholic. Tasted mettalic, strong, so strong it had no taste, and it was at the good temperature. It was like having a beer /strong alcohol shooter at once. There many beer with 12% that are sweet, but this one wasnt, it gave me stomachaches for the rest of the day!

1.81/5  rDev -16.2%

Pours a clear gold brew.

Smell is sweet newspaper. Not Good!

Taste is malt + Vodka. No real beer taste here at all.

Mouthfeel is Oakland malt Liquor.

A truly horrid brew! Don't buy!

OK have to ad some words to make this review. THIS IS AWFUL! DANGER WILL ROBINSON!

1.43/5  rDev -33.8%

Golden yellowish color with a white head that does not last and all traces of lace vanish. The smell is all alcohol and the taste is the same. With a strong beer I like a small amount of alcohol in the flavor and nose but this is overpowering with no other real characteristics. The French gave this kind of a thick feel in the mouth with a bit of a burn on the throat. I paid 5€ for three 8oz bottles, definitely not worth it when I can buy Tennents Strong Lager for half of that if the mood for a quick buzz arises. I will probably never buy this beer again. Not Impressed!

1.3/5  rDev -39.8%

This is the worst beer I've had in years. All Alcohol (12%) and no taste of any kind, but alcohol. I'd be crazy to put this product on the market if I were the Brewer!

3.5/5  rDev +62%

This beer is the same name as a one brewed in France, however this bottle has Brasserie Boxer Lausanne, Suisse printed on it. Anyway strong alcohol taste, brewer claims it to be the strongest blonde in the world. Good carbonation, strong malty after taste. Bought in Rome, Italy.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last