Augustiner Bräu Lagerbier Hell - Augustiner-Bräu Wagner KG

Augustiner Bräu Lagerbier HellAugustiner Bräu Lagerbier Hell

Augustiner-Bräu Wagner KG visit their website
Germany

Munich Helles Lager |  5.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 01-15-2002)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Augustiner Bräu Lagerbier Hell Alström Bros

Trichter2408, Aug 28, 2014

From Munich, a very very great beer. My favorite German beer. I drank a ton of these in Munich and brought some back with me. I would love to be able to find this in America. The taste, like many of the other Munich beers, is very smooth, not heavy, but with a rich, consistent flavor. This is not a beer with a very unique flavor. It doesn't have fruit or random stuff in it. It is simply a great beer, a beer I could drink every single day.

apasternak, Apr 04, 2013

VirusQc, Sep 04, 2014

thommo_nk, Oct 23, 2012

Had this beer on tap at the Brewhouse right across from the Hofbrau in Munich. Served in a mug cool.

A-fluffy white head, light and bright gold body

S-floral hop aroma, earth, some metals

T-perfectly balanced malt and hop flavor, bready almost light pastry like.

M-light almost airy

D-maybe one of my favorites of all time. Just superb. I wish I could get this on tap at my local bar. I hope to drink this beer again.

jneiswender, Aug 11, 2010

Absolutely one of the best beers I've evr had! In fact, probably the best beer ever! I enjoyed a slew of them in Munich and wish I could enjoy them on tap here in the US. It is crisp, clean, refreshing and everything else you'd want in a beer. So freakin' good!

Moose_Knuckle_Sandwich, Apr 26, 2012

luis_grizzly, Aug 01, 2014

The on tap version of Augustiner Hell is about as close to perfection as you find in a classic Munich larger. The medium carbonation and smoothness of the malt make it very drinkable. The lack of bitterness or sweetness makes it perfect by what it lacks. Serving was in an Augustiner specfic stange. I have tried the bottle and growler forms and the carbonation level changes slightly(transport, age) but the taste and mouthfeel are not really altered.

BoilerMo, Feb 04, 2014

CaptHammer, Sep 03, 2014

sim0n17, Dec 04, 2011

Butchnasty, Aug 02, 2013

Josechavez900, Sep 10, 2014

I have to give this beer full points because it´s simply my favorite one. This beer is a flawless example of Helles, and is the most impressive Helles I have ever tasted. A true bench mark example of the style, and a true master piece. Smell is an intense flora hop aroma, and taste is a perfect balance between malt and hop.

GaetanoBresci, Feb 15, 2013

herrburgess, May 28, 2013

ChristiBerli, Aug 09, 2014

Bertossi, 12 minutes ago

bentpages, Aug 05, 2014

duncanta, Aug 02, 2014

Poured from a 500ml bottle into a .5 liter stein.

Big thanks to Digita7693 for sending me this beer. I have been looking for it since October 2008 after my first Oktoberfest in Germany.

Appearance: pours a beautiful, filtered and perfectly clear golden yellow. Lots of bubbles rising from the bottom of the glass shows me it's superior carbonation. Nice frothy head recedes to leave spider we like lacing down the stein. Really fresh looking.

Smell: has a bright fresh light bitter aroma to it. Really fresh like sea water. Also has a nice humidity to it, like being in a brewery. Really great toasted white bread aroma as well.

Taste: fresh as can bee flavors. Really eye opening how pure this beer is. Has that great European lager flavor of toasted bread and lemon zest. This is my favorite beer and it's great to see that my palate has evolved in the two years since I have had this, but the flavors still jump out that make me love this beer.

Mouthfeel: has perfect carbonation, effortless transitions between the palates. Really smooth, with some nice bitter hops and a sweet bready malt feel to it.

Drinkability: I could drink 10 of these bottles in a sitting. Really the best beer for every season to me. Not super light and not super heavy. I would love this with some roasted chicken or fish dishes. If you have a chance to try this version it's going to be a revelation. The American import version is good, but this is a whole new level. A must try if you are in Germany.

Augustiner719, Aug 13, 2010