Augustiner Bräu Lagerbier Hell - Augustiner-Bräu Wagner KG

Augustiner Bräu Lagerbier HellAugustiner Bräu Lagerbier Hell

Augustiner-Bräu Wagner KG visit their website
Germany

Munich Helles Lager |  5.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 01-15-2002)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Augustiner Bräu Lagerbier Hell Alström Bros

4.89/5  rDev +17.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I enjoyed a Litre of this lager beer in Munich during Oktoberfest. This beer was was the most memorable for my visit. This larger smelled of good quality hops but not to strong of a hop smell. The color and head were perfect. The body was medium to light with a good lager flavor. There is also a very slight floral / sweet aspect to this lager that makes it unique and superb.

4.75/5  rDev +13.9%

4.4/5  rDev +5.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

On-tap at Augustiner am Platzl, on to the beer:

Bright yellow with string of lace which whip around the mug as the level of the beer drops. The aroma of cut grass, hay, and lemon, which are balanced between each other, adds additional appeal. Then I was caught by surprise how well this tasted. I like myself fresh helles, but there's something about how this tasted which almost made me dance. It's delicate, but at the same time is full of flavor. Wave after wave of grass, citrus, dough, and a light bitterness explode at the scene. It's light bodied with appealing crispness, which helps make this beer not only very drinkable, but also one of the best lagers that I had on my trip.

4.25/5  rDev +1.9%

From Munich, a very very great beer. My favorite German beer. I drank a ton of these in Munich and brought some back with me. I would love to be able to find this in America. The taste, like many of the other Munich beers, is very smooth, not heavy, but with a rich, consistent flavor. This is not a beer with a very unique flavor. It doesn't have fruit or random stuff in it. It is simply a great beer, a beer I could drink every single day.

4.75/5  rDev +13.9%

4.5/5  rDev +7.9%

Smuggled this bottle back from Europe. Had a buddy traveling through Munich grab this and meet me in Paris. Claimed it was his favorite German Beer. Surely upon first taste it was delicious. It poured golden with large amount of thin lacing that dissipated quickly. Slight hop smell, but standard beer smell otherwise. Seems like a German form of a domestic lager. Hell beer so light in color. Great Session beer!

4.89/5  rDev +17.3%

After spending 4 months in Germany and 3 weekends at Octoberfest I will say this is my most favorite beer! Augustiner has a great drink-ability with exceptional quality. Very smooth taste and crisp feel. a great "everyday beer".

When I arrived back in the states I found Augustiner in bottles and was hoping that my appreciation for the beer would be the same. I was not disappointed!

I have to give this beer full points because it´s simply my favorite one. This beer is a flawless example of Helles, and is the most impressive Helles I have ever tasted. A true bench mark example of the style, and a true master piece. Smell is an intense flora hop aroma, and taste is a perfect balance between malt and hop.

Augustiner Bräu Lagerbier Hell from Augustiner-Bräu Wagner KG