Follow our progress ...

Capital Alt Ale | The Tap Brewing Co. & Eatery Inc.

YOUR RATING = None |
Awaiting 10 Reviews

The Tap Brewing Co. & Eatery Inc.
Saskatchewan, Canada

Style: Altbier

Alt means “old” in German, as in the old style of brewing. A top fermented German Ale, deep brown and distinctively malty with a hint of wheat. Capital Alt is named in honour of Saskatchewan’s Capital, Regina on its 100th birthday.

Added by Noxious26 on 02-19-2006

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 2
Reviews by markaberrant:
1.5/5  rDev n/a

I hate for this to be my first review, but I feel compelled to do so.

This didn't even taste like beer. I thought the waitress had accidentally served me a long island iced tea; it was about the same colour and had a citrus sourness to it. I made my wife taste it to make sure, and she said, "yeah, it is beer, just not very good."

Pitiful.

2.08/5  rDev n/a

12oz glass on-tap at The Tap brewpub.

Dark red, almost brown in colour and clear. Practically no head. No lacing.

Aroma is mostly malt with a little sweetness and a hint of medicine. Almost like a cough syrup.

Flavour is sweet malt at the start then a medicinal quality comes in at the finish that reminds me of cough syrup. Basically no aftertaste at all.

Thin-medium mouthfeel with very little carbonation. A bit watery.

Overall this is kinda like thin, watery cough syrup. A hint of sweetness, but that chemical/medicinal quality at the finish really hurts it. Very plain with no depth at all.

Capital Alt Ale from The Tap Brewing Co. & Eatery Inc.
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.