Vapeur En Folie - Brasserie à Vapeur

Vapeur En FolieVapeur En Folie

good

Brasserie à Vapeur visit their website

Belgian Strong Pale Ale |  8.00% ABV

Beer added by: zerk on 08-04-2002

Ratings: 78 | Reviews: 55
4.55/5  rDev +24.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

I think I may have a different beer. My bottle is only 6% alc/Volume, which is not a Belgian Strong Pale Ale, more of a Belgian Pale Ale, with some sour funkiness. So my ratings are based on a Belg Pale Ale.

Poured from a 750 ml bottle into a Beer Hunter tasting glass.

Golden, hazy, virtually no head, but well carbonated.

Aroma of sour fruit, lemony, citrusy, a little pineapple on the nose.

Taste is like the aromas. Mild sourness, like weak lemonade, no sweetness. Just on the verge of being puckering.

Mouthfeel is a little spritzy from the carbonation, but not real carbonic bite. Low to medium mouthfeel, not filling, and not watery. Could session this beer without feeling gassy or full.

Very good drinkability. Very nice beer. If you like belgian sour beers or are looking to try your first sour, this is a good place to start. Not overpowering, easy drinking beer.

4.42/5  rDev +20.8%

Picked up an 11.2 oz bottle at the store yesterday. The bottle looks nothing like the posted photo, and I couldn't find any sort of a vintage on it. The label says it is brewed with cumin. Sounded interesting.

A: Pours a very bright orange, clouded with yeast settlement and flecks of cork. They have my attention. Could have used a bit more head though.

S: Earth and cork. A dull hop presence, mixed with some bitter orange peel. Maybe some light biscuit malt. There is a haystack and barn scent like you would expect in a Lambic, but without the sour.

T: I'm sold. Dry spiced notes mixed up with some pils malt. A unique yeasty aroma. There is something I can't pin down falvor-wise. I cook with cumin quite a bit, and that's not what I'm tasting. But then again, maybe it pairs with other flavors to become what ever this is. I love it regardless.

M: Thin and refreshing. Bubbly and invigorating.

D: A wonderful beer. i don't know why it has a rating in the low 80's. Maybe the bottle I got is a different year. Either way, I'm going back to buy more of this.

4.41/5  rDev +20.5%
look: 3 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

33cl bottle poured into a tulip at Delirium Cafe.

Pours a nice golden cloudy color with a big white fluffy head. Lots of sediment but it's not hurting the taste. Nose is fantastic, it's sweet floral and a bit yeasty.

Very tasty, fresh, crisp, smooth and a bit funky. For being a strong beer, it doesn't taste like it. Very sweet which works well with the Belgian yeast, quite tasty!

4.4/5  rDev +20.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Vintage August 1996. Orange-amber, light reddish hints, complex color, very nice foamy head. Good call Josh, this nose reveals tremendous house character! Full French mustard grains, lenses, expanding essences. The more I smell, the more I develop the certainty that they really did use mustard grains, relishy vinegar notes, mellowed out lemony hops. Tart grapefruit, melon and mango provide a pleasant fruit salad melting pot. WOAH! Sour! Mustardy, rhubarbish, earthy, this one has rusticity by the ton. Rather thin lambicy texture, moderately carbonated, herbal, extremely spicy, cheesy (with moderation), heavily citric, bittering out and a true pleasure to sip. Surprise: A real winner that one! Farmy and thirst-quenching.

4.35/5  rDev +18.9%

1992 vintage- brewed 11/1991 and bottled 5/1992. Opened 1/18/11. Poured into chouffe tulip. Cork broke in the neck but a pair of pliers saved the broken piece from falling into the beer.

A- Hazy pale yellow with some deep orange coming through. Carbonated, but not a pronounced head. Lots of very tiny bubbles form around the ring.

S- Fruity, white wine. A bit of a medicinal note.

T- This pale is a tiny bit funky. A little cheesy and some wet grass. Some mild tartness too. A bit drying, white wine again is an easy comparison. Some saison qualities. Very refreshing. Compares favorably to some fantome saisons- not as much funk and a lot more fruity flavors. Lemon and lime tang and tartness. Lots of great flavors here.

M- Pretty amazing balance in this one. Slightly drying and great flavors- not a single off note.

D- Very high. Very drinkable- This beer has morphed flavor-wise into this: a saison and a lambic blended into a Belgian pale until it's very drinkable. This beer exceeded my expectations.

4.34/5  rDev +18.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Vapeur en Folie pours a clean hazy gold with a 1” finely bubbled white foam cap that slowly collapses. Spice and light fruit aromas, faint smoke, and citrus rise from the glass. Waves of fruit and spice flavors roll over the tongue with peach predominating with support from lemon and orange and light biscuit flavors. The beer is on the light side of medium bodied with a very soft creamy texture and above average carbonation. Very refreshing and easy to drink.

Photo of
4.32/5  rDev +18%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

750ml bottle topped with a strange plastic seal inside the crown cap. Freshness date on cap reads: "F 50 05/2013" 6% ABV and different color scheme on label than the sample picture shown.

A: Cap pries off with a pretty loud pop. Pours a hazy golden amber with a medium soapy head which dissipates very quickly to a thin ring around the glass. Spotty/minimal lacing.

S: Loads of under-ripened strawberry! Slight chalky/limestone aroma. No real hop or malt presence. Just tons of under-ripened strawberry. At first the smell reminded me off Festina Peche from Dogfish Head. Quite a bit of lactic tartness.

T: Under-ripened strawberries yet again. A little lemony tartness. Slight musty quality which makes me think this is more of a saison than a belgian pale. A little bitterness on the finish. Taste reminds me a lot of a lighter version of Fantome Saison.

M: Medium to high carbonation on the palate. Pretty light palate weight. A nice level of acidity and a very dry finish. Very quaffable.

D: Like a little brother of fantome saison. Very drinkable. Very refreshing. I could drink this beer anytime. Considering it's priced the same as any other belgian 750 at about $9-$10 a bottle I'd say it's an exceptional buy. Highly recommended.

4.28/5  rDev +16.9%

1996 vintage corked and capped 75 cl bottle. Label looks completely different. Pours a lightly hazed honey gold color with a significant frothy, off-white colored head. Excellent lacing. Tart aromas, yet malty and yeasty and fruity at the same time. Very intriguing taste, pale malty and a thoroughly unique yeast character to it, imparting a blueberry-like fruit quality to it. It has the slight barnyard funk of a lambic, yet it maintains a pale ale quality to it. It's very nice. I'm glad I sat on the bottle for awhile and I'm tickled pink that it had sufficient carbonation. I'd pick this one up again in a heartbeat. It's very unique.

4.21/5  rDev +15%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

F 14/2/16 on the cap. Best before date.

It pours a hazy straw gold with a large then small head of foam that leaves some good lacing behind. Btw, I see a bunch of floaties in a quite cloudy beer that's left in the bottle. Appearance will change.

This smells like a spiced up, but not too much, Saison. Peppery, citrusy, a few pitted fruitiness, still. It smells mostly like a Saison with the usual hints of hay..

The taste comes through as I pretty much expected. Though, maybe, a bit fruitier than I expected considering the nose told me this was more Saison than anything else.

Light pitted fruit, light peppery notes, a bit of tang that I'd liken to orange or maybe even lemon peel though I lean towards the former.

I pour more in my glass. The cloudiness I anticipated didn't come to fruition. Yet. There's still a few ounces in the bottle. I'm now getting some coriander, and more citrus. This is neither bitter nor sweet; I'd call it an earthy spicy. If that makes any sense.

Last dregs poured in. Cloudy? Yes. Floaties? Where'd they go?? Can't seem them.

The evolution of this beer from first sip to what's close to the last is not mind bending or mind blowing but jus...t enough to make me take notice. At US$9.69 for the 750ml bottle, I reckon and call it a bargain. Cheers!

4.13/5  rDev +12.8%

Candied lemon peel with a blizzard of fine yeast and multiple streams of superfine bubbles. The ivory colored crown looks fantastic and is beginning to lay down a gorgeous array of delicate lace. Might this be a saison?

The reason for the above question is that the label lists the ABV as 6.0% and because VEF looks and smells like a typical saison/farmhouse ale. It has a musty spiciness that suggests clove, white pepper and cardamom. The website lists sweet orange peel (maybe) and cumin (gotta be a mistake).

Vapeur En Folie is good beer in a quirky Belgian ale kind of way. Even though the barnyard funk is at a minimum, I'm still thinking saison. I'm also thinking that this ale could have been brewed by Fantome (on one of Monsieur Prignon's less 'out there' days).

The balance among flavor sensations is nigh on perfect. A vanilla wafer-like sweetness is complemented by a green apple and upripe pear tartness... which is complemented by a lemongrassy bitterness that mops up on the finish and gives the beer a crisp, quenching quality. The spices noted above are present in a 'just right' quantity as well.

I brought this '750' home because, unlike when I've seen it in the past, the bottle and label look brand spankin' new. I was still a little leery about it being old, but one mouthful is all it took to tell me that I'm drinking a beer that is less than one year of age (at the very most). Freshness definitely helps when the ABV is 6.0%.

If the mouthfeel had more lush creaminess it would have earned the next highest score. Its strength is a well-bubbled lightness (possibly light-medium) that allows it to be gulped with ease. I'm thinking summertime, a picnic lunch and a shade tree.

Vapeur En Folie is a well-constructed saison that I have no trouble recommending to those who like the style. Don't be fooled by the goofy cartoon labels because Brasserie a Vapeur (when it comes to this offering anyway) brews seriously good beer.

4.12/5  rDev +12.6%

Vintage 2007.

A-The cork came out in one piece, which is more than I expected, considering the look of it. Pours clear apple juice color with 1/4 inch of fizzy, eggshell white head.

S-Apple cider tartness, musty old basement, barnyard funk, leather, wet hay. Something a little spicy underneath it all, maybe white pepper/coriander.

T/M-Immediate vinous dryness washes over the palate, overtaking just emerging flavors of green apple, dried fruit and earthy funk. After a few more sips the dryness recedes a bit, exposing more earthy hay and leather character. The finish is dry, and marked with a touch of delicate fruit acidity.

O-A golden ale with strong saison characteristics. I like it a lot. Wasn't expecting anything, due to a few bad bottles from Vapeur in the past.

4.02/5  rDev +9.8%

Another oddly labelled beer from Vapeur. "Folie" translates as "madness" from French, so I suppose that explains the label. A nondescript unmarked green cap. I have never seen another bottle of beer filled as high as this one: there is only about 3 cm between the beer and the underside of the cap, consequently it almost foamed over when I popped the cap. This is a hazy tangerine coloured beer; orange and light brown. Bits of sediment clearly visible floating. The head is a creamy off-white cover, not extremely large, but consistent at about 1cm. Superb lacing, leaving a dense screen that slowly dissolves on the sides of a chalice glass. Some of the best lace on a beer I have seen. The aroma is a massive hit of sliced pieces of green apple. Spicy cider; this is definitely not the typical apple aroma of some beers--this one is frontal, extremely heavy. Behind this are some sour candy smells, lightish malt, a low level of any musky yeast, spicy fruits, and a moderate solvent-like pungency of alcohol. Cinnamon rolls, grass, a numbing clove smell, and several others, chemical-like, somewhat hard to identify. A complex aroma. That fresh green apple dominates, and I like it. I get apple in the front of the taste as well, but in the middle there is tart malt, lactose, and it leaves with a decent dryness. Slick sugariness from the beginning, leaving a carmelised candied taste. Not much aftertaste at all, and the body is medium. It definitely has some sour notes in the middle, and phenolic. Medium carbonation, but to its credit this is a very smooth beer to drink. The alcohol limits the drinkability, as does the subtle dryness which becomes stronger with every sip. This beer IS a little mad, a little all over the map as far as anything close to a "style" is concerned. A unique beer.

Pours a well carbonated, clear cider like color with a fizzy two inches of off-white head. Keeps a very solid, thick lace and a splash of stick here and there.

Smell is fruity and musty, with lots of apple, a bit cider like in fact, along with some some white grape and pear. Yeast is musty and also spicy, with a good amount of pepper in particular. It's a bit on the funky side as well, with a hint of sourness in the nose even.

Taste also makes me think of wine and cider like qualities. Lots of apple in the taste, along with some pear. There is some grape flavor as well, which along with the very little sweetness and dryness of the beer remind me of a dry white wine. It has a funky quality to it which adds some complexity, and there's a good dose of must and spice, as well. Not sure what is yeast derived and what spices might be added, but I get some pepper and other spicing, which all told works nicely. Spicing comes through even more as it warms, and seems more like white pepper to me than black.

Mouthfeel is on the light side of a medium body and even though it seemed amply carbonated on the pour, it's definitely not overcarbonated. It's crisp but not prickly. On the dry side as mentioned before.

I'm surprised to find this rated so low overall because I quite enjoyed it. It's a bit funky and different, but it worked nicely for me. Drinks quite light and refreshing, with some interesting qualities that altogether makes for an enjoyable brew.

3.99/5  rDev +9%

This one was a bit unusual. I spotted a case of dusty 75 cL bottles at Abe's in Bethlehem and decided to give it a second look. It was a case of Vapeur en Folie from 1995! The large crowns were rusty and the bottles were covered in dust, but i decided to risk the $7.50 on this 12 year old beer. The label on my bottle is very different from the one pictured and on the neck there is a little label saying "This ALE has been brewed in 03/1995, bottle in Dec. 1995 and stored in our cellar. When you get it, put it back in a cellar for some days or better weeks (like an old wine). You should find a begin of wine porto taste. Enjoy it!" Needless to say, i couldn't wait to pop this open.

uncapped and uncorked and poured into two tulips. Orange beer with a thin cap of white head that receded to a ring around the glass and a dollop in the middle. Pleasantly surprised to see that it was still carbonated--quite carbonated in fact and highlighted the light body. The smell was a little fruity with a big helping of funk which may or may not have been intentional. The bottle stated the ingredients as pale malt, hellertau hops and cumin but neither my friend nor I could detect any of the cumin (maybe for the best). I can't believe how well this held up. it was funky and still a little sweet with that characteristic belgian yeast flavor and a lot of carbonation. I might pick up another to lay down for 12 more years just to see what happens.

EDIT: They sold out of the '95, but got a case of '89! Bought a bottle and shared it with a friend. We both found it excellent. Got two more (one for me and one for him to share with his dad). Excellent beer and a unique oppurtunity for just $7.50 a bottle.

3.95/5  rDev +7.9%

Yeasty aroma that carries for several feet. Alcohol in the scent as well. Aggressive carbonation, that we left for a while to ease off. Expiry 2007, bottled in 2003. Lasting head. Lace, satisfying with vanilla, sugar and creamy bannana. Very drinkable in small mouthfulls.

3.94/5  rDev +7.7%

$8.99 for a capped and corked green 750ml bottle at Merchants. 6% ABV, which is a bit light for a Belgian "Strong" Pale Ale, as mentioned hear...clearly just a BPA. Stamped as an "Ale brewed with spices" on the front of the mardi-gras appearing label. Pours out to a cloudy, sediment-laden golden orange, forming a modest white soapy head with average retention and mild lacing. Carbonation is medium. The aroma is lovely with strong "Belgian Funk" sour notes including dusty basement, apples, kiwi, sour candy, mead, peppery alcohol and dusty pale grains. The nose tells me this is more of a Gueuze/Lambique. The mouthfeel is lightly ruddy in the beginning, suggesting a touch of oxidation, but otherwise filling, not overly carbonated, with a medium body. As it warms, the plastic/ruddy mouthfeel becomes a major problem. Taste is a recap of the aroma but not holding up it's end. There is a pleasantly filling malt base and enough sweetness to round things out, as I don't particularly care for overly dry BPA's. Plenty of apple/lemon/mead/clove/must/yeast. Bitterness is very mild.

This one is a mixed bag. There is plenty of good things going on, but the ruddy, plastic mouthfeel is the biggest disappointment. I've had plenty of unique Belgian farmhouse ales, and I think this one ultimately suffers and can't hold up quality-wise. Ultimately, I find that this isn't worth the price. If I'm in the mood for something special, I would pick up Abbaye des Rocs or Fantome for the price. A good idea but a bad delivery.

3.88/5  rDev +6%

Vintage 2007

A - Pale golden color. Very clear. Very bubbly. Large Bubbles.

S - Apples, hay, fruity tartness.

T - Green apples, tartness. Grassy/hay flavors.

M - Very dry and bubbly. Acidic.

O - I wonder if all the green apple and acidic flavors come from a contamination or sanitation issue. It wouldn't really make sense that the green apple flavor is acetaldehyde in that the beer has had plenty of time to age and ferment. But perhaps it is intentional. Regardless it was a great beer. Love its dry bubbly fruitiness. Almost like sparkling apple juice, but with alcohol and an earthy backbone.

3.85/5  rDev +5.2%

750 capped and corked green bottle picked up (to go) Saturday night at the Taj Mahal Indian restaurant in Boise. We had dinner, I had Iced Tea.. but I knew I saw a beer in the cooler that I've never seen in Boise... tonight I give it a go... My Bottle says it is 6%.. not 8%.. also the label has a purple background as opposed the the yellow background in the BA pic.

2 Finger head.. drops above a straw colored brew. Lace droped fast.. but everytime I take sip, a nice collar reveals itself.

Aroma is a Saison ... not BSPA .. Big estery fruitiness ... alot of citrus and wheat malt .. Slightly sour with nice whiffs of white pepper.

Flavor is very fruity .. underripe plum and green apple .. Very yummy .. phenolic but not overly done. Slight cardamom and pepper... slight cumin .. Bready pale malts and could be getting some spicy hops, but I could easily be mistaken because of all the other flavors going on here. A little yeasty fruitiness helps to tie this one together. Lighter medium body with a champagne like characteristic. Long Dry and Spicy finish.

The Taj Mahal had pretty good food but Holy Shit! One of the best "Non-Beer bar" selections in town... I saw people drinking Chimay Blue Magnums.. Meantime IPA.. Stone Smoked Porter and quite a few other world class brews. Service was slow, but given the fact, I only saw three people working ... it was still pretty good. Also, the guy who took our cash told us there is some sort of "happy hour" with half off beer prices... If that is the case, I will delete all these restaurant notes and review the restaurant as a beer destination in coming weeks... awesome.

3.83/5  rDev +4.6%

Presentation: 750ml bottle, cellared for 9 months in my possession, in a oversized crystal snifter

Uncorked with a nice "SNAP". Poured with a lot of life, smooth. flowing.

Interesting nose. Light, crisp, dry, sweet with honey, mild coriander, wet rocks, fresh sea air. With some time to bloom floral esters come alive as well as some sour, tart qualities (apple & pear) along with some alcohol sting to the nostrils. Head was a solid 2 fingers of thick, sticky, sculpted pearl white foam of mixed bubbles that lasted about 5 minutes, fading slowly to a dollop of the same as an island floater surrounded by a glass ring that laced in splotches. The body is a thick, very clouded golden hue mass of suspension, almost dirty with sediment, practically viscous.

Initially dry, very soft & bashful, downright light in quality, a sweet mix of apple, pear, malts, spicy pepper and fresh, crunchy artisan bread crusts plays against a mild hop bite. Yeasts come alive along with a very noticeable spice (almost hot) peppery quality in a dry crescendo that builds and builds. This is one of the "spiciest" Belgian Pale Ales I've tried. It completely caught me off guard on the 1st sip with an almost sledgehammer dry bite of pepper, hops & spice...a nice feeling! While relatively easy to drink, I'm in no hurry to do so and enjoying the leisurely pace the beer is setting.

The yeasted, spicy quality continues on the throat as it finishes, albeit in a gradually diminishing capacity. It grows a bit syrupy, bitter with hops, then slides away in a nice, mouthwarming & teeth numbing farewell that is nicely clean, surprisingly sweet (well, bittersweet but more sweet than bitter) that is not coating at all, a tingle on the bicuspids as the main last note.

A very interesting, quirky, surprisingly spicy brew. I did enjoy the casual pacing it set, but it was also easy to drink. This would be perfect with lighter meat Thai or similar spicy fare, perhaps even Mexican? It would need a strong, soft, stinky cheese to hold up to it. Its slightly seductive in its reveal, which I enjoyed very much. Another beer to be celebrated for its simplicity, yet quality. I would love to try this with some spicy food. Give it a shot.

3.83/5  rDev +4.6%

Hazy golden colour, white head with nice lace. Yeasty aroma, tart and fruity, slight alcohol. Tart, fruity, bit of vanilla, with some residual sweetness. Nice balance of flavours. Loads of carbonation off the pour. Definitely enjoyable and something I'd try again. Thanks northyorksammy!

3.8/5  rDev +3.8%

Foamy as a bath gel, as active as a volcano. All the bubbles go on a curved way to the top of the glass. The head is lasting, velvety at the surface but more irregular underneath. Craziness in the bubbles. Is this head ever gonna fade so I can smell the beer?
Well, the smell is quite floral with nice notes of liquorice and sweet apples. A bit cider like. The taste is reminiscent of apples, but more in a warm apple pie way with caramelized sugar than in a cider way. The high abv’s warming aspect is not overwhelming and ends up matching nicely with the sweet apples flavor, showing also hints of cinnamon. A subtle and pleasing spiciness consists of liquorice with some sour notes. The brew gets a bit biscuity. Mouthfeel is consistent and round. The high level of carbonation nicely puts life on the palate. Also a kind of artificial candy-like banana character in the background. Overall a drinkable brew.

3.79/5  rDev +3.6%

A- golden with tight bubbly head

Sm- pineapple, apricots,

T- Sweet and syrupy. But good hop balance. Alcohol is noticable.

M- medium body, light and refreshing.

D- Pretty drinkable. I could'nt drink this all night. But my hand keeps going for the glass.

3.78/5  rDev +3.3%

Orange hue, with light coppered reflexes. Beautiful head, abundant, compact, creamy: very good appearance!
The smell is very fruity, with pear, melon, kiwi, grapes (grapes sugar), vanilla, cream: delicate. Maybe a hint of citric in the background.
The taste is slightly more monotone, and more warm, too. Ripe fruit (always pear), but even some spices (cinnamon).
Medium body.
Fruity aftertaste, with pear again, and spices, not very longstanding.

3.77/5  rDev +3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.75

Poured from a green 750ml bottle, brewed with spices stamped on label as well as 6% abv.

Wonderful golden crystal clear brew with a tight white head that leaves sheets of lace down glass.

Big earthy nose with a white wine like sweet tart aroma, cork and cellar with light grain and hint of noble hops.

Earthy corked grain flavor and a hint of white wine grape rounding this out.

Nice and dry, seems thin, but a nice wine like finish.

I enjoyed this brew, cummin I think gives it the earthy mustiness, the cork finish leaves a bit to be desired. As some darker type liquid was between cork and cap, but hey tis a farmhouse brewery.

3.75/5  rDev +2.5%

I have read all the reviews available, emailed several BA's, read Dr. Raoul Palamand's "Training ourselves in Flavor Perception and Tasting", translated Brasserie a Vapeur's web pages into english.

Why? My delima: I found the Vapeur En Folie a likeable ale. I do, however have some reservations along the lines of this old bottles care. I believe it had undergone warm storage (cardbord) and contained some musky flavors indicating mold growing in filters or elsewhere - these have been intensified by the aging and maybe also by the oxidation allowed by the green glass bottle.

An older vintage with a steam engine on the label poured hazy amber. Aroma of old apples and ciderpulp. Skunk briefly then predominately apples and vinegar with mucky wet forest leafs (almost soil at bottom of the duff layer) reminesent of cardboard. Perhaps a spoiling organisms is involved (gluconobacter acetonones or just wild yeast mold).

I liked this beer happily drinking 2/3 of the 750 ml bottle while my BA friend was completely put off by its obvious "off" characteristics.

I found its complexly weird flavors very surprizing and loved the champaign like carbonation and found its dry wine like finish most acceptable.

The reviews reminded me of:

O how they cling and wrangle, some who claim
For preacher and monk the honored name!
For, quarreling, each to his view they cling.
Such folk see only one side of a thing.

Jainism and Buddhism. Udana 68-69:
Parable of the Blind Men and the Elephant

Grope this pachyderm carefully. You may find parts of it surprizing!

Vapeur En Folie from Brasserie à Vapeur