1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Skunk-Ape Stout - Moon River Brewing Company

Skunk-Ape Stout
No picture uploaded.

pDev: n/a
Moon River Brewing Company visit their website
Georgia, United States

Irish Dry Stout |  7.50% ABV

(Beer added by: smcolw on 01-03-2010)
3.5/5  rDev n/a

4/5  rDev n/a

Had this (and several others) on tap at the Brew Pub. Great bartenders and a fun place to visit if you are in town. Pours a dark almost black with creamy off white head. Sweet chocolate and coffee notes. Tastew followed the nose, some hints of dark fruit as well. Very smooth mouthfeel, low carbonation. I could enjoyed several of these.

4.28/5  rDev n/a

First I wanted to thank my wife for agreeing to go to the most haunted brewery in America.

The weather outside was rainy but warm and had a eery feeling to it. Being in the most haunted city in America I guess you're bound to feel something.

We walked/ran into Moon River with hopes of a good meal, service, and a story to tell. we walked away with 2 of those.

After waiting 10 minutes to get my beer I was excited to finally taste this brew. Its appearance was dark and creamy looking. The head was ivory and looked like it had been whipped.

The smell was dry with hints of cocoa and licorice.

However the taste was super creamy and heavy on the tongue. It was actually very tasty and hit the spot.

I would have liked to get it again however deciding its unlikely I'll be back anytime soon I decided to try the IPA. (see review)

The service was slow but the food and atmosphere was well worth it.

Cheers!

3.8/5  rDev n/a

Great blanketing beige lace on the side of the glass. Dark brown, but light does shine through!?

Burnt toffee and black coffee smells

Although this supposed to be a "wheat" stout, I don't taste any wheat. Instead, I would describe this as a dry stout. The body is too thin for the style and flavor. A flavorful but unremarkable stout.

Skunk-Ape Stout from Moon River Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.