Microbrew Invitational

TICKETS: beeradvocate.com/micro/

Parkins Special Bitter (Brewed For Sainsbury's Supermarket Plc) | Carlsberg-Tetley Brewing Ltd

YOUR RATING = None |

Added by AEK on 06-25-2010

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 3
3.76/5  rDev +9.9%

Poured from a 500ml can into a Youngs straight pint glass

Pours a clear amber colour, with a decent head descending into about 5 mm of lacing floating on top.

Not much of a noticeable scent, except for a bit of malts.

Taste is a new one for a bitter for me, the main presence is toffee and rich dart fruit sweetness, as well as a alot of malts, and a little hop taste, which is mostly sweet rather than bitter to be honest.

Quite a thick mouthfeel as well.

Overall a canny drop, a bit too sweet and thick for me to choose as my regular bitter, but great value for money.

3.28/5  rDev -4.1%

My brother in law brought a 4 pack of this round a while ago and it has ben stuck in the fridge ever since. Decided to give it a go as I didn't want to open up a bottle of 'nectar', I needed something to quench my thirst. I thought it would be totally naff but I was pleasantly surprised considering it is only a very cheap offering.

A. Seville orange in colour. Had a white head that unfortunately disappeared faster than a flash of lightning, well almost as fast.

S. Fruity malt and caramel.

T. Nice fruity malt, some toffee notes and a low hop presence.

M. Medium bodied and slightly carbonated.

D. Much smoother than I was expecting. Quite a good beer for its low price. Worth trying if you already haven't done so far.

Parkins Special Bitter (Brewed For Sainsbury's Supermarket Plc) from Carlsberg-Tetley Brewing Ltd
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.