Face Puncher IPA - E.J. Phair Brewing Company

Beer added by: NorCalYeti on 01-19-2013

to view more.
Ratings: 16 | Reviews: 5
4.54/5  rDev +21.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Good beer, I heard the IIPA is better

4.69/5  rDev +25.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I'm not going to go into too much detail, but the ABV has been risen from 6.6 to 7.8% as stated on the Growler I brought home. (Also had on tap)

This is a Pliny clone. Not sure what else to say as someone who's drank at least 2 Plinys a week for the last 7 years or so.

A near perfect "Hoppy West Coast IPA" as advertised.

3.91/5  rDev +4.8%

Appearance- copper color, thin head

Smell- hops, some malt

Taste- very hoppy, very interesting, well balanced

Mouthfeel- medium bodied

Drinkability- I thought it was pretty good. I would definitely drink it again. I probably should. It was very good.

4.18/5  rDev +12.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Wife picked this local brew up from Lunardi's. Have seen it but never took the plunge. I got my floaties on so here goes...

Pours a nice amber/copper colored ale with a beautiful bright white foamy head. Whan I say white..I mean white! Decent amount of lacing throughout the session.

The aroma is of dank fruit and a bready malt. Background of citrus. Pineapple. Rubber. Mango.

The taste is bitter and malty. A big blast of bittering hops smacks my buds and then the swirl of malt rushes in. It does work well. Orange and grapefruit rind in the aftertaste. The grapefruit is not overpowering so for all the bitter-non lovers, this works. I will say there is a lot of flavor packed into this IPA.

Very well carbonated. Full.

Overall I had to remind myself this was an IPA....not a DIPA. Definitely is a thirst quencher and like I said earlier....big time flavor. The label is a little scary...Sloth is that you? If you can get past the label and enjoy an IPA with a tad more malt than pure bitter, give em a shot. Love to support the locals and look forward to trying more from the E.J. Phair Gang.

4.2/5  rDev +12.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

classic amber color, 1/2" white foamy head. pours clear but hazy in the glass as it is an unfiltered beer. brewed in the west coast style with lots of citrus and hop aroma and flavor. grapefruit, kiwi, lemon, lime, and flowers jump from the pint glass. flavor profile, is a little sweet with good hop bite. medium weight on the palate with a medium length finish. crisp beer with a sweet edge without the alcohol knock-out. above average first attempt and a twist to the west coast style ipa.

to view more.