Pliny The Younger - Russian River Brewing Company

Pliny The YoungerPliny The Younger

Wants: 5,117
Russian River Brewing Company visit their website

Beer added by: xlperro on 01-27-2005

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 2,664 | Reviews: 906

From notes... Went to PtY release on Feb. 5th...Waited in line for 3 hours and was lucky enough to get a couple glasses for my girlfriend and I along with 3 growlers before they sold out an hour after we got there. Appearance was a bit darker and more amber color than Elder. Not a big head with incredible lacing. The smell is mind-blowing...I walked around my house with a an empty growler of it up to my nose during the Super Bowl (that's how amazing it smelled.) It's like the Elder on steroids. The taste is like no other beer in this world. So much pine, floral, sweet caramel, citrus, and hop notes....you can't get more complexity in an IIPA. The mouthfeel is slightly chewy... with SO much drinkability. I can't believe how fast I consumed high quantities of this beer. Can't wait for 2011 release!

A- this is the best looking IPA period!!!It glows.

S- WOW this along with elder is absolutly amazing, this ipa has the perfect balance of hops and malt. tons of both but the resiny, piney hops dominate in a floral paradise.

T- nothing comes close, I have yet to find someone who does not think its amazing!!!

M- perfection of the west coast style of DIPA.

D- good thing the brewery only serves in a 10oz i could have 10 of these but some other local establishments will serve you a 22oz pilsner YUM, this is my wifes favorite brew, that says something, this is what IPA is all about!!

My favorite brew to date!!!!

Tasted this on Superbowl Sunday (Feb 4th) at 11:00 am, only waited in line for 1.5 hours so I feel lucky.

A- beautiful amber color, hazed slightly, with minimal head due to glasses were filled to the top.

S- Tons of hops, sweet smelling citrus, loved the aroma on this beer.

T- Very smooth, not bitter, and hints of citrus, and very hoppy.

M- smooth bodied, full bodied.

O - Wow, all the hype about this beer is true. The best beer I've ever drank. I was stunned at how such a strong beer can be so smooth and tasty and loaded with hops. The aroma lingers on and on...

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Pliny The Younger from Russian River Brewing Company